PDA

View Full Version : Woah... VW Minivan?!?!

Slow Joe
01-06-2006, 10:05 AM
Alright, I figured you guys would like this one...

"DiamlerChrysler and Volkswagen Announce Minivan Manufacturing Alliance"

It will be based on the next generaation Chrysler and Dodge Minivan Platform starting in 2008.

I just looked at this letter and went :wooo :rolf Then said wtf...

Anyone have photoshop and wanna make up a Grand Caravan with a Jetta front end on it?? :durr

Prince Valiant
01-06-2006, 10:14 AM
Heh..I was just joking around with someone whose actually upset about Jeep coming out with the SRT-8 cherokee about the new minivan. This guy hated all the power increases in regular cars/SUV's/etc and isn't too happy now about the 275hp that the new caravan will repudetdly be getting. Here's the spy shot below...btw, Dodge will be getting a version of VW's "polo" models for it's small car line-up.

Slow Joe
01-06-2006, 10:19 AM
AWD SRT-8 Grand Caravan!!! That's what we need... LOL... A soccer mom with a vehicle with some balls... Scarry thought... Skip that idea... Last thing we need is a Soccer mom going all nuts in her new AWD SRT-8 Grand Caravan after her sons team just lost a game...

USMARINE1108
01-06-2006, 11:16 AM
AWD SRT-8 Grand Caravan!!! That's what we need... LOL... A soccer mom with a vehicle with some balls... Scarry thought... Skip that idea... Last thing we need is a Soccer mom going all nuts in her new AWD SRT-8 Grand Caravan after her sons team just lost a game...

I think the Trailbazer SS is a good idea. AWD and an LS2? I'd drive it.

Slow Joe
01-06-2006, 11:39 AM
I think the Trailbazer SS is a good idea. AWD and an LS2? I'd drive it.

Yeah I'm down with that idea... :thumbsup Now I'm thinking Ford just needs to do something cool... Like a Lightning motor in an Explorer AWD or something... :thumbsup :goof

wikked
01-06-2006, 11:51 AM
Last thing we need is a Soccer mom going all nuts in her new AWD SRT-8 Grand Caravan after her sons team just lost a game...

Last thing we need is a woman driving.

Al
01-06-2006, 03:19 PM

Soccer moms won't buy it, they complain about filling the car up with gas. The dads who would normally give their left testicle to drive an SUV rather than a minivan will be the ones to realize that they can keep their nutz (plural) and a sense of dignity. It is a 'guy' minivan.

As for the SRT8 Cherokee, I just saw the commercial. The truck scoots!

Slow Joe
01-06-2006, 03:24 PM

Don't let Laura hear you say that... :rolf

So an AWD SRT-8 Grand Caravan would bring the correct terminology to "Manvan"??? LOL... Honestly I'd still be on the SUV side...

Al
01-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Yeah I'm down with that idea... :thumbsup Now I'm thinking Ford just needs to do something cool... Like a Lightning motor in an Explorer AWD or something... :thumbsup :goof

How about a lightning motor in a sport-trac

http://body-kitz.com/articles2/adrenalinewebgallery/thumbnails/adrenalinegallery6.jpg
http://body-kitz.com/articles2/adrenalinewebgallery/thumbnails/adrenalnegallery7.jpg
http://body-kitz.com/articles2/adrenalinewebgallery/thumbnails/adrenalinegallery3.jpg

http://money.cnn.com/2005/03/16/Autos/funonwheels/ford_adrenelin/

Slow Joe
01-06-2006, 03:35 PM
That's almost what I was talking about... I still say regular explorer... But.. Ummm... Yeah I guess sport trac works...

Russ Jerome
01-06-2006, 05:05 PM
Chrysler mini vs Firebird at GLD :)

http://www.turbominivan.com/videos/russbird.mpg

Slow Joe
01-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Anyone photoshop that Jetta front end onto a chrysler minivan yet?? lol

EDIT: That chrysler minivan owns!! :rolf

slow85vette
01-07-2006, 06:15 AM

Hey now! I'm a woman driver and I drive just fine! :flipoff2:

v6camarogrl
01-07-2006, 10:57 AM
as do I... but I think they were refering to the vast majority of women that really can't drive

d0nut
01-07-2006, 11:24 AM
It's amusing how the public generalizes that women are bad drivers. I averaged 60k a year for work and have to say I saw more men driving like idiots than women. In fact the only damage ever caused to a vehicle I own has been caused by men.

It would be rather interesting to see the breakdown of accidents where men were behind the wheel vs women.....

as do I... but I think they were refering to the vast majority of women that really can't drive

wikked
01-07-2006, 11:39 AM
That comment of mine was a little fueled by a woman on the way to work that morning...
If anyone is on 94E down by the interchange/construction area, they know what a clusterfück of traffic it is.
So this woman behind me almost rear ends me while traffic is slowing down, I see her dome light is on, and she's fücking around with her hair, then proceeds to almost rear end me another 2 times doing the same thing WTF :confused :confused :confused
Can't you ladies do your shìt at home or when you get to work? Your car is not a fücking beauty salon.

Yea I know there's alot of jagoff male drivers as well, reading their stock tips whilst sipping their 10x mocha choco lattes. :chair:

But I digress :)

wikked
01-07-2006, 11:42 AM
Don't let Laura hear you say that... :rolf

LoL told her that a few times before, she can hit surprisingly hard for a girl :D

d0nut
01-07-2006, 11:48 AM
I think the wost male drivers I have seen were out in the Madison area, lots of guys shaving or flapping in the cell phones.

The main thing that scares me about the Milwaukee area is the number of people that go the same way to work every day and cannot seem to be in the correct lane when the interchange comes sneaking up on them. Then when you throw the Marquette being messed up along with the constant dangerous weather we have here (dealy things like: sunlight, overcast, nighttime, rain or the evil possability of snow..) and it just get out of control fast. I think you should have a special validation on your liscense to drive on the freeways. Then they instal gates and a microchip in your neck to open them......

A friend of mine from the West Bend area has a daughter that was taught to hit the left lane as soon as she gets on the freeway. The instructor said thats the safest way to drive. So the 2 right lanes are open for everyone else.....

That comment of mine was a little fueled by a woman on the way to work that morning...
If anyone is on 94E down by the interchange/construction area, they know what a clusterfück of traffic it is.
So this woman behind me almost rear ends me while traffic is slowing down, I see her dome light is on, and she's fücking around with her hair, then proceeds to almost rear end me another 2 times doing the same thing WTF :confused :confused :confused
Can't you ladies do your shìt at home or when you get to work? Your car is not a fücking beauty salon.

Yea I know there's alot of jagoff male drivers as well, reading their stock tips whilst sipping their 10x mocha choco lattes. :chair:

But I digress :)

Yooformula
01-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Wait a minute, someone was actually pissed that Jeep is making the SRT8 Cherokee??? WHAT!?!?! 420hp plus it can tow.....what da hell did I miss?

Slow Joe
01-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Wait a minute, someone was actually pissed that Jeep is making the SRT8 Cherokee??? WHAT!?!?! 420hp plus it can tow.....what da hell did I miss?

Yeah, that's what I call stupidity... It's like a 5.9L Limited on Sterroids... :thumbsup

Slow Joe
01-20-2006, 11:52 AM
Ok, the VW rep was in here today and I figured I'd bring back this post from the dead... :thumbsup The front end is supposed to look similar to a Passat and the rear similar to a Touareg. The interior is said to be purely VW, and far from Chrysler with normal VW instrumentation, seating, etc etc... Just figured I'd update ya guys, I know we're all anticipating this new minivan... lol :rolf :durr

penji04
01-20-2006, 02:54 PM
When can I place my order, how long is the waiting list???? lol JK!!!!!

Slow Joe
01-20-2006, 05:00 PM
Gunna lease it through North Shore?? :rolf :durr

Al
01-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Next up, Bimmer makes a minivan. Following shortly there after, the M performance series minivan. It will be called the 'MM.' The problem is that it will sound too much like 'mom' so guys won't buy it. As a result, bimmer will rename it the MN assuming people will think it means 'man.' Unfortuneately again, now people will think it means Minnesota and be like "I don't want a car designed for them people; they talk funny."