PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course April 2nd Time Attack

Goat Roper
01-04-2006, 10:05 PM
For the road course guys.

The weekend of March 31st through April 2nd I will running at Mid-Ohio but on Sunday, the last day, it will be a Redline Time Attack event, the closest one we will see to this area besides West Virginia.

The Redline Time Attack is open to EVERY make model of car, not just the Focuses that are running Friday and Saturday. It isn't every day that you get to run balls out in a group of 4 or 5 cars around a great track.

Info from their site:

With the vehicle classifications and rules developed by the experienced owners of Redline Track Events, anyone and any car can compete, regardless of skill level or car setup. No matter if you own a stock 2003 Honda Civic Si or if your shop runs a 600whp Mitsubishi EVO 8, Redline:Time Attack! has a class for you. If you're tired of being stuck in 2nd gear at the local Auto-X competitions or if you're an up-and-coming tuner company who wants to make a statement, Redline:Time Attack! is the perfect venue.

Spectators are welcome and encouraged to attend the Redline:Time Attack! events. You will have the opportunity to see the top tuner companies and racers battle it out to see who will set the fastest lap in each division. Classic battles like WRX Vs EVO, Import Vs Domestic, and Corvette Vs Porsche will be played out in front of your eyes!

Every participant will receive a number of practice sessions in the morning and afternoon to fine tune their car and perfect their racing line. Finishing off the day will be the official Redline:Time Attack! competition session. Each division will be sent out onto the track in small groups of 3-5 cars. After one warm-up lap, all cars in the run session will have 5 Hot laps to run the fastest time possible. The Time Attack session is the ONLY session that will count towards your Time Attack lap.

Winners will be crowned in each of 9 divisions following the completion of the time attack sessions. This is your chance to show what you can do on a race track - in one run session - one shot is all you get, so make the most of it!

Please use the navigation at the top of the page to find information regarding car class. After you have found the proper division for your vehicle, Click on "Event Registration" link to find the next Redline Time Attack! Event. Each event will be taken care of through Redline Track Events.

If you have any questions regarding Redline:Time Attack! or vehicle classing, please send an email to: info@redlinetimeattack.com

It is a bit of a drive, about 529 miles from Milwaukee, but it would make for one hell of a first track event of your 2006 season.

If anyone is interested, watch this site http://www.redlinetimeattack.com/index.html Registration should be open with 5 days for the Ohio event.

nismodave
01-20-2006, 10:39 PM
I would not try to drive that track with out a full cage in my car.

I have raced karts there many times, and it is a very fast and DANGEROUS track.

It is a fantastic track, dont get me wrong. But Ive seen alot of accidents there.