PDA

View Full Version : 77 Porsche 924 FS

d0nut
01-04-2006, 08:43 AM
SOLD!

I have a 77 Porsche 924 project car for sale. California body, 4 cyl 4 speed. Was blue but someone repainted it white. Needs to be fine tuned (ignition timing, wiring straightened out) brakes have to be bled, and some odd ball parts.

It has a header and a fake Ferrari type muffler.

Asking $750/OBO.

I will be posting pics of it here today.

PM/E mail/call for info.

Located in West Allis

Sean
414-704-7728

d0nut
01-04-2006, 09:12 AM
Pics.

tenchu
01-04-2006, 02:41 PM
Does it drive?

d0nut
01-04-2006, 02:53 PM
I had it running and moved it 3 or 4 feet the last time. The brakes need to be bled/looked at so it has to be towed/trailered.

Slow Joe
01-05-2006, 12:21 AM
How's the interior if there is any?? How many miles on it?

Heat Seeker WS6
01-05-2006, 01:05 AM
Hows the body, from the pics it looks very good.

d0nut
01-05-2006, 04:13 AM
The interior is pretty good yet, I'll post some pics of it on Thurs.

The milage escapes me at the moment. It is some low number but from what I have read the speedo on the 924's go out on a regular basis.

How's the interior if there is any?? How many miles on it?

d0nut
01-05-2006, 04:17 AM
The body is very clean, it just has a nasty paint job. I think someone drank white paint and pissed it on it.

From what the last owner told me the car came from CA and I doubt it saw any snow at all until this year when I kept it outside.

It could be a fun car but I just have way to many projects and would like to see it go to a good home. Well, it can go to a bad home as long as I get cash for it....

Hows the body, from the pics it looks very good.

GTSLOW
01-05-2006, 06:02 AM
Hmm it would really make a nice little autocross car!!!

When you say wiring straightened out what do you mean?

d0nut
01-05-2006, 06:06 AM
The guy who I got it from couldn't figure out that the cam was timed wrong and he installed little jumpers in a few spots. He also messed with the vacuum line a bit (thats minor, there are a few good Porsche sites that show the best way to fix that). There is nothing really wrong with it, just time consuming to straighten out.

Would be even easier if you wanted to make it a race car.......

Hmm it would really make a nice little autocross car!!!

When you say wiring straightened out what do you mean?

Slow Joe
01-05-2006, 08:16 AM
The milage escapes me at the moment. It is some low number but from what I have read the speedo on the 924's go out on a regular basis.

Yeah don't hit the trip odometer reset button while rolling... At least that's what I remember reading on a 928 Forum once... They said that could possibly break the odometer... I was just thinking to myself... Intereting... :rolf

d0nut
01-05-2006, 08:27 AM
I ran out there this AM and took a few shots. I know they suck but I feel like death today for some reason (might be bottle flu).

The Pass side seat has a couple split parts and the drivers seat has some real minor ones. There is no stereo installed so that wiriing is exposed. I also forgot (or it happened in the last few months?) that the windshield is cracked. I have to ask my brother if it was like that when we brought it home or not...

I also forgot that it has a huge sunroof. When you pull the cover off it opens a lot of roof......

The millage is what it shows in the pic. I doubt that it is over 100k but I seriously doubt it is for real! I have also attached a couple engine shots. It's pretty damn exciting..... I think it was pushing a solid 90 or so BHP (net)

d0nut
01-05-2006, 08:31 AM
Here is a shot of the only rust I can find on it.

I'm going back to bed now.....

d0nut
01-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Bump