PDA

View Full Version : More info on the new Challenger

d0nut
01-04-2006, 08:25 AM
http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html

Not cost effective for me but I need one......

Sean

d0nut
01-04-2006, 09:54 AM
Check the rear doors on the Imperial.......

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060102/FREE/51229003/1008

0TransAm0
01-04-2006, 10:07 AM
looks good

Yooformula
01-04-2006, 11:20 AM
Simply...WOW! Between the GC SRT8, new Camaro and that, its getting harder and harder to pick a next vehicle.

Slow Joe
01-04-2006, 11:26 AM
Wait a sec is that a suicide door on the Imperial??? That's at least what it looked like at a quick glance from me...

d0nut
01-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Wait a sec is that a suicide door on the Imperial??? That's at least what it looked like at a quick glance from me...

Yes it is. I looked at the pics and saw the big opening to the inside and thought it was just an artists conception, then I looked at the outside and saw the door.
I would imagine they will be in rap videos before Easter.....

Slow Joe
01-04-2006, 01:16 PM
I would imagine they will be in rap videos before Easter.....

If they're actually releasing it... Yeah, I'd think so... lol :rolf

Al
01-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Don't forget that the skyline is coming to the states finally

nismodave
01-04-2006, 04:42 PM
Yawn.....Yet another car company that cant come up with a new design that looks good.

GrimreaperSS
01-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Not too crazy about the Imperial... Love the Challenger.... Just out of curiosity NismoDave, What examples could you provide me with of car companies that can design something? I'm not trying to start anything, just want to understand what your comparing these examples to.

nismodave
01-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Not too crazy about the Imperial... Love the Challenger.... Just out of curiosity NismoDave, What examples could you provide me with of car companies that can design something? I'm not trying to start anything, just want to understand what your comparing these examples to.

Im just saying that the current trend seems to be using old Designs and making them new.

The Mustang, Mini, Challenger, Ford GT are all examples of cars that are taking old designs and making them new again.

The RX8, 350z/G35, Corvette (minus a few cues from the orginal Stingray), Luxus Sc430, Mercedes CLS500, Pontiac Solstice, BMW Z4, are all designs in the last few years that do not try to make the car look like an "classic" car.

Yooformula
01-04-2006, 08:11 PM
I think they are just trying to satisfy different segments of the buying public. Whats old is new again to SOME people, and they are the ones buying them. Every style is not for everyone. I personally didnt like bringing back old name plates but I am very impressed with the way they are looking nowadays for the most part. Horsepower, rwd, safety and reasonable prices are always in style imo and this is just the latest variation.

Rocket Power
01-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Don't forget that the skyline is coming to the states finally

Yawn.....Yet another car company that cant come up with a new design that looks good.
:goof

I am not a mopar guy, but I think they did a good job. I think it looks way better than the Camaro(that GM will probably slap a $40K pricetag on)

d0nut
01-04-2006, 09:22 PM
New Charger= New styling and 1/2 the people *****
New Challenger=Retro styling and 1/2 the people *****
New GTO=New styling and 3/4 of the people *****
New 300C=Semi retro (Bentlyesque) styling and no one bitches
New Mustang=Retro styling and everyone is happy

Seems like we are back to the point where there is something for just about anyone that has credit......

I think they are just trying to satisfy different segments of the buying public. Whats old is new again to SOME people, and they are the ones buying them. Every style is not for everyone. I personally didnt like bringing back old name plates but I am very impressed with the way they are looking nowadays for the most part. Horsepower, rwd, safety and reasonable prices are always in style imo and this is just the latest variation.

Prince Valiant
01-04-2006, 09:36 PM
I seriously doubt that the imperial would come out...funny how strongly it resembles a Bentley/Rolls with the tail end styled the way it is. I'm not a fan of it.

The RX8, 350z/G35, Corvette (minus a few cues from the orginal Stingray), Luxus Sc430, Mercedes CLS500, Pontiac Solstice, BMW Z4, are all designs in the last few years that do not try to make the car look like an "classic" car. :confused If one is going to dump on the retro designs that are coming out today, this is probably one of the worst list of cars to do so with.

I mean:

The 350Z most certainly does bear a strong resembelence to the oringinal and subsequent Z's...what are we supposed to think? They were too lazy to come up with something new?

Corvette look basically like the C3, C4, and C5. Nothing earth shattering with the new one other than slightly smaller proportions and *wow* new headlights!

Lexus SC430 does not help anyone's aurgument, simply because, not only did it fall from the ugly tree and get hit by every branch on the way down, but then the damn ugly tree fell on it. It's hidieous is beyond description.

And why mercedes would copy the horrible Bangle-lized BMW 7 series to create one of the worst proportioned cars I've ever seen since the lexus Sc430 is beyond me.

And both the bmw z4 and pontiac solstice both strike one as very similar to the clasic roadsters of bmw (the z4), and then the old fiat and MG's that were popular in the mid 60's through the 70's (In the case of the pontiac).

And the Z4 is just butt ugly too...it's aesthetics are horrendous. Bangle had some wierd ideas for styling a car, with non congurent lines, dissimilar angles, and some of the most awkward tails ever placed on an automobile.

d0nut
01-04-2006, 09:47 PM
It's a tough call on the new Imperial. We have to remember the parent company did release the Maybach on a world that really didn't need it. I also don't the Germans understand what the Imperial name was many years ago. It was never a Chrysler=Rolls Royce Imperial=Bently relationship.

I would approve of a stretched 300 series with very upscale trim being badged as an Imperial. Platinum all over and 22in spinners standard..........

BOSS LX
01-04-2006, 09:51 PM
I think the new challanger looks badass!

nismodave
01-04-2006, 10:28 PM
I seriously doubt that the imperial would come out...funny how strongly it resembles a Bentley/Rolls with the tail end styled the way it is. I'm not a fan of it.

:confused If one is going to dump on the retro designs that are coming out today, this is probably one of the worst list of cars to do so with.

I mean:

The 350Z most certainly does bear a strong resembelence to the oringinal and subsequent Z's...what are we supposed to think? They were too lazy to come up with something new?

Corvette look basically like the C3, C4, and C5. Nothing earth shattering with the new one other than slightly smaller proportions and *wow* new headlights!

Lexus SC430 does not help anyone's aurgument, simply because, not only did it fall from the ugly tree and get hit by every branch on the way down, but then the damn ugly tree fell on it. It's hidieous is beyond description.

And why mercedes would copy the horrible Bangle-lized BMW 7 series to create one of the worst proportioned cars I've ever seen since the lexus Sc430 is beyond me.

And both the bmw z4 and pontiac solstice both strike one as very similar to the clasic roadsters of bmw (the z4), and then the old fiat and MG's that were popular in the mid 60's through the 70's (In the case of the pontiac).

And the Z4 is just butt ugly too...it's aesthetics are horrendous. Bangle had some wierd ideas for styling a car, with non congurent lines, dissimilar angles, and some of the most awkward tails ever placed on an automobile.

Once again what you stated is JUST your opinion,on the Uglyness or Disproportions of the cars on my list. As far as the 350z....no it does not. The Corvette......Like I said bears some resemblence to older model......but they have moved forward. And If you think the Solstice is similar to old Fiats and MGs..........Then I guess any small Roadster could be called simalr to them, small, short wheelbase, and so on.

But I guess someone who drives a Valliant might not appreciate NEW designs.

Dont worry Im sure chrysler is working on a "NEW" Valliant. :rolf

Al
01-05-2006, 12:23 AM
Then I guess any small Roadster could be called simalr to them, small, short wheelbase, and so on.

HE's RIGHT!!!...They even have windshields too :stare

Dont worry Im sure chrysler is working on a "NEW" Valliant. :rolf

did you mean another "variant?" :goof

GrimreaperSS
01-05-2006, 12:39 PM
Just another thought.... there can only be so many ways you can design a car. I happen to like the "Bangelesque" BMW's. But then we are just back to
everyone has a different opinion. Got to atleast give him credit that its something different than everyone else. Whether or not thats a good thing, depends on whos looking at the car.

Prince Valiant
01-05-2006, 06:46 PM
But I guess someone who drives a Valliant might not appreciate NEW designs.

Dont worry Im sure chrysler is working on a "NEW" Valliant. :rolf :confused Was that supposed to be funny? Seriously, that dig is around a level a grade schooler might appreciate on the playground, but that's it.

oh well. :rolf

97z2801ss
01-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Chrystler is gonna have a suprise....... its a CUDA, since plymoyth(sp) is not there its gonna be call the chrystler cuda.... also the camaro i guess was confirmed on TV today in detroit for the autoshow... My dads friend just got back from DET. and he said it was on this morning before he left.

d0nut
01-05-2006, 06:59 PM
I can imagine the Cuda coming back making more sense than the Challenger. The Barracuda outsold the Challenger all 4 years of production of the E bodies.

I wonder if they will do a Firebird also? Bob Lutz is a big Pontiac fan and he seems to be getting how way with the Soltice and GTO.

Chrystler is gonna have a suprise....... its a CUDA, since plymoyth(sp) is not there its gonna be call the chrystler cuda.... also the camaro i guess was confirmed on TV today in detroit for the autoshow... My dads friend just got back from DET. and he said it was on this morning before he left.

97z2801ss
01-05-2006, 07:07 PM
I dont think the firebirds commin back with the gto still there.....

The new soltice gxps gonna be cool turbo ecotec motor putting out 260/260...

Poncho
01-08-2006, 04:08 AM
i agree with there now kinda being something for everything. hell it took three years, and people finally don't always bag on the new GTO now. new vette, to me looks ferarri-esque.

2007-2009 MY's have alot of potential from GM, IMO, -- they better not **** it up with us enthusiasts.

they have an opportunity with the GTO and Camaro. but why now toss in a Firebird and Chevelle too? can't take that much, unless the new goat and maro will for sure be on an identical chassis, not modified versions of said platform.

I'm just happy as hell, the cool classic nameplates are coming back and being decent.

so far chrysler has smash hits. Even though the new Impala looks like ****, at least the Impy and Monte are accepted now with a V8. I don't care if it's just as fast with a v6, a v8 just sounds better.

d0nut
01-08-2006, 11:50 AM
I came across this photoshop job of what the new Cuda is sposed to look like......

http://www.moparmagic.net/concept_cuda.html

d0nut
01-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Some one informed me that its from a site called Creating the lie. Anyone heard of it before?

I came across this photoshop job of what the new Cuda is sposed to look like......

http://www.moparmagic.net/concept_cuda.html

HITMAN
01-08-2006, 12:26 PM
http://www.moparmagic.net/images/concept_cuda.jpg

:drool: