PDA

View Full Version : IVE ****IN HAD IT with my bank

SlowStee
12-31-2005, 01:55 PM
Does this make sense to anyone here??

I made a cash deposit of $246 in my checking account yesterday at about 1:30pm...went Home checked my online banking and It's there alright, leaving me a total balance of $588...

So todays the big day, that money is REALLY important for the party tonight, and low and behold my account balance TODAY is $342... :confused..So I go and check a Tyme machine and WTF...$342. Where The **** is my money??

I call my bank and they tell me It doesnt go in until the end of the next business day :confused: and that there is no deposit even on file..BUT I saw the numbers that were there with my own 2 eyes yesterday and It was $588..She says thats not possible..

Are you Joking me?? Would I have really put my money in my account If I thought IT wasnt gonna be there for me to use???

DO NOT BANK AT CHASE AKA BANK ONE

they are pieces of sh!t Who do not care, and have ****ed me over SO many times

Neal Steffek
12-31-2005, 02:03 PM
Just heads up, M and I loves the **** also. I banked with them for 15 years and just had way to many problems with them. I went to Waukesha Back and wish I would have a LONG time ago. So much better.

Crawlin
12-31-2005, 02:16 PM
Educator's Credit Union :)

T-Bag
12-31-2005, 02:39 PM
I've been using associated ever since I've had an account and they've been wonderful. They also have online banking that's real easy to use. I wouldn't go anywhere else, they've helped me out with internet scams too.

97PontiacW68
12-31-2005, 03:02 PM
US Bank works good for me

Slow Joe
12-31-2005, 03:04 PM
Yeah, bank one can be interesting... I know that for a fact... You should of heard some of the arguments I've had with the manager at the Brookfield branch (on Capitol) That's why I have an account there and one with landmark... lol... I just don't like the way landmark's online banking works... It sucks bad or at least did last time I used it...

SlowStee
12-31-2005, 04:06 PM
Yeah, bank one can be interesting... I know that for a fact... You should of heard some of the arguments I've had with the manager at the Brookfield branch (on Capitol) That's why I have an account there and one with landmark... lol... I just don't like the way landmark's online banking works... It sucks bad or at least did last time I used it...
Ive had SO many ridiculous overdraft fees with Chase because of their slow online banking not updating correctly..

They practically laugh in your face when you try to get them dropped :flipoff2:

Crawlin
12-31-2005, 04:14 PM
I've told Educator's that i ****ed up because i didn't add in one of my withdrawals and they've dropped 2 of the overdraft fees that resulted because of it. had that happen a couple times. hahaha(i suck at math, which is why i work where i do, hah)

Slow Joe
12-31-2005, 04:17 PM
Ive had SO many ridiculous overdraft fees with Chase because of their slow online banking not updating correctly..

They practically laugh in your face when you try to get them dropped :flipoff2:

Same here, but the time they dropped a bunch of them is when I threatened to close one of my accounts with them (I had two at the time...) So they dropped more than half of my over draft fees... Then I closed the account anyways... :rolf That's the one that's now with landmark...

SlowStee
12-31-2005, 04:48 PM
Same here, but the time they dropped a bunch of them is when I threatened to close one of my accounts with them (I had two at the time...) So they dropped more than half of my over draft fees... Then I closed the account anyways... :rolf That's the one that's now with landmark...
I want to switch banks, but I dont want the hassle of the move...Like switching my direct deposit and having to wait and ****

PB86MCSS
12-31-2005, 05:18 PM
I had an overdraft at Chase as well this fall, I put money in the evening and a check was cashed the next day....there was enough money in the account but because I made the deposit the day before after 4pm it wasnt entered until the next day, even though the transaction line shows the correct date next to the details on the statement. Went to the New Berlin branch, the personal banker put up his defensive attitude right away and couldn't do anything. Drove 5 minutes to the Muskego branch and with just asking politely the manager waived it :). Don't expect anyone to waive a fee if you've had one waived before or multiple fees. I do agree Chase takes way too long to update its transactions online but other than that its ok. I'm really suprised if you made a transaction online that it would show up that night or even the next day. Takes at least 2 days for all of mine to even show up.

ThatWhiteCivic
12-31-2005, 05:22 PM
US Bank here :thumbsup

awsomeears
12-31-2005, 06:24 PM
Bank One sucks nuts, I used them for a long time but had to many F-ing problems taking money out. So I droped them like a steamy turd and I now bank at TCF in the Pick'n saves. 9 - 8 pm is awsome.

ProjectCamaro
12-31-2005, 07:22 PM
Sorry to hear that. I use to be a loan officer for TCF bank and let's just say I left because I was afriad the federal government would step in and start pressing charges.

theavenger333
12-31-2005, 07:24 PM
werd, not to mention any smaller banks. aka Guardian Credit Union, North Shore Bank. overall credit unions own, they actually want your buisness

awsomeears
12-31-2005, 09:07 PM
Sorry to hear that. I use to be a loan officer for TCF bank and let's just say I left because I was afriad the federal government would step in and start pressing charges.

:wooo :alcoholic

GTSLOW
01-01-2006, 12:34 AM
http://www.pyramaxbank.com/

Pyramax Bank :thumbsup

VERY VERY nice people, worked with me and my dad throught my whole time in korea!! A+

Ricky Bobby
01-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Educator's Credit Union :)im with chris on this beed there for 11yrs no were else they rock i get loans over the phone in like 2 minutes they are awesome :thumbsup

Jeff
01-01-2006, 11:41 AM

Ive had it with them where I took 60 outta the TYME outside the place I didnt get any money out but it deducted my account I went inside and was like WTF, and they gave me the money with no ?'s asked :banana1:

UnderPSI
01-01-2006, 12:34 PM
I used to have every thing through Sunset Bank in waukesha. They messed up three seperate house payments. Needless to say I now have everything through US Bank and I love them. Free online banking free money transfers its great. Now all I have to do is fix my credit that Sunset messed up

95 TA - The Beast
01-01-2006, 01:42 PM
We have Chase, had accounts since they were Bank One, and have certain issues with them as well...

One of the biggest things is that deposits after 4pm don't show up in thier systems AT ALL until the next day, unless it is a cash deposit, and then it *may* show up as long as they aren't playing any sort of 'carry-over' games...

I found out from someone that worked for Chase that they play with thier deposits and such to carry-over larger amounts depending on if they can get away with it or not, as in if you have a business account they don't mess with it, and if your personal account is flagged a certain way they don't mess with it, but the majority of thier personal checking accounts are managed in a way that allows them to put on 'hold' certain deposits on fridays, before holidays or at the end of a month or quarter that allows them to amass much more 'untouchable' funds that they build interest upon and to build-up balance sheets and such for reporting... It basically screws all the 'little folks' that get caught in thier BS and causes a hassle for us, but from what I was told almost all financial institutions play some form of these 'games' with thier accounts, it all depends on how big they are, what accounts they decide to mess with and how much thye 'gain' in doing it... I heard M&I plays around with business accoutns much more than personal ones, and US Bank pretty much leaves personal accounts alone... It is amazing how much banks actually make in interest on 'float'... makes ya sick if you really sit and think about it... :P

Smaller banks have much less to gain from such antics and thus don't mess with accounts to 'build-up' reports and such... Larger banks work in a much different way and are driven to play all the games...

I can say, personally, I have had less issues since Bank One became Chase, and all of my cash deposits have shown up in my 'Available Balance' even though a line item doesn't appear until the next business day in my history... I do like how thier 'Available Balance' reflects all transaction to the second pretty much, as I have made online purchases and immediately verified the amount is no longer available via thier online system...

I just wish Chase would start showing pending charges in thier history the way US Bank does... Would make tracking of purchases much easier...

One thing I have always had good luck with is using thier call-center to resolve erronous charges and mistaken overdraft fees... They usually are honest enough to do the math to show when funds are actually in the account and correct thier system, usually without even having to get thier manager involved, as long as it is obvious that thier system didn't track things when it should have, as there is another set of datapoints to all the transactions we as customers can't see that shows exact transaction times and actual money transfers in and out of the account...

SlowStee
01-01-2006, 03:49 PM
my account is actually $-27 right now

you better believe Im going to be in there ripping them a new one about overdraft fees...And if they seriously DONT drop them, Im closing my checking account And picking a new bank.

T-Bag
01-01-2006, 03:53 PM
my account is actually $-27 right now

you better believe Im going to be in there ripping them a new one about overdraft fees...And if they seriously DONT drop them, Im closing my checking account And picking a new bank.

I'd pick a new bank anyways, of course, after you get everything all settled. By the sounds of it, they are trying to stick it to you

slow85vette
01-01-2006, 06:56 PM
Banks suck in general. Banks are only in it to make $$ for themselves. On another note, I have a check card through West Bend Savings Bank and a few times, I've had my card locked out to where I couldn't use it for anything and I couldn't use it at an ATM. And now I'm thinking about switching to a different bank.

srt4eh
01-01-2006, 07:24 PM
i hate chase too.....i've gotten tons of overdrafts just because of the deposits not going through for like a week. i need a new bank

Karps TA
01-01-2006, 07:39 PM
I just this week finished my realtionship with Chase as well. I was a Bank One customer for 12 years. Wasnt real happy when Chase bought them out. Had a credit card issue with Chase and told them to either fix it or I would pull all my accounts with them. They didn't seem to care, so I moved my mortgage, home equity, credit card and checking to another bank. Talking to the long time teller at the branch I go to, she said they've been losing lots of customers since Chase bought them.

Slow Joe
01-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Yeah, when I deposited my checks on Saturday, Chase said that they wouldn't clear til 1/5... Uhhhh my rent is due today... And I know he'll take it to the bank and cash it so I'm screwed unless my landlord is nice... I'll have to talk to him...

Yooformula
01-01-2006, 08:45 PM
I have been using TCF since we moved here and they have their share of issues but I have always had overdraft fees reversed and our deposits usually post same day. The best part is they are open 7 days a week and some are open very late. All banks are shady though, just a matter of how much more or less than the next.

Slow Joe
01-01-2006, 09:01 PM
Landmark has always been good to me with the exception that they didn't give me a ATM/Tyme/Check Card... I just don't like their online banking... lol... I live by the online banking so I gotta find a place with good online banking...

GTSLOW
01-01-2006, 11:04 PM
Now all I have to do is fix my credit that Sunset messed up

That would suck!!!

Mines got that online banking too, it's soooo nice!!

MurphysLaw88GT
01-01-2006, 11:43 PM
credit unions are good.......seriously