PDA

View Full Version : ? about the 'Kalahari' in Wis. Dells......

Car Guy
12-26-2005, 08:17 PM
Just wondering if anyone has stayed there???

The cheapest room is $229 a night and I have no problem paying that just as long as it's worth it. There is a cheaper rate but that is during the week only, we can only make it on the weekend. I'm mainly concerned about the water park and all of the other 'goodies' they offer, is there enough to do? We will mainly be staying put once we arrive and only leaving to go get a bite to eat or something of that nature......

http://www.kalahariresort.com/WI/Main.aspx

Any advice is much appreciated......

Thanks

Crawlin
12-26-2005, 08:28 PM
i liked it. i have gone in the past alot when i had a g/f. I even got the Royal King Jacuzzi Suite and that was cool as hell. But that was during the week and was only like $350 for the night or something like that. It has alot of places inside to eat at as well as Damon's right down the road. SO many places in that general area though. The water park is fun, but the weekends kinda get a bit busy. It is fun though, not denying that. I want to go again sometime soon. Want to try out the wave riding machine.

Slow Joe
12-26-2005, 08:34 PM
Hrmmm maybe I should take a few days off during the week sometime after the new year and go there... lol Since work = driving me crazy!!! LOL :rolf

d0nut
12-26-2005, 09:07 PM
We spent a night there with the kids last year and had a blast. If it can keep a 4 yeaar old and an 8 year old happy it's more than fun. They had the wave machine and I made an ass out of myself on it. The guys running it took the kids out for about 20 mins each on the boards. Great staff and a nice place. Just a long ass walk in flip flops from the room to the water!

We scored a deal through 97.3 and got a room for $97 on a Friday night. Would love to score that again.....

Car Guy
12-26-2005, 09:45 PM
We spent a night there with the kids last year and had a blast. If it can keep a 4 yeaar old and an 8 year old happy it's more than fun. They had the wave machine and I made an ass out of myself on it. The guys running it took the kids out for about 20 mins each on the boards. Great staff and a nice place. Just a long ass walk in flip flops from the room to the water!

We scored a deal through 97.3 and got a room for $97 on a Friday night. Would love to score that again.....

$97 was a deal and a half compared to the prices I got......

d0nut
12-26-2005, 09:59 PM
For the normal rates they get you had better be getting your bean snapped with the room.....

Have you given any thought to the new place in Waukesha? It's not in an exotic location like the Dells but might be cheaper. Country Springs or something like that?

Sean

$97 was a deal and a half compared to the prices I got......

Car Guy
12-26-2005, 10:19 PM
For the normal rates they get you had better be getting your bean snapped with the room.....

Have you given any thought to the new place in Waukesha? It's not in an exotic location like the Dells but might be cheaper. Country Springs or something like that?

Sean

We have looked at other places but we've been talking about going to the Kalahari ever since it opened.......

d0nut
12-26-2005, 10:28 PM
Honestly we can;t say anything bad about the place other than the prices. It was fun but the fact that we paid less per night to be in Jamacia (with air fare added tothe price) than they charge for a room hurt.

There has to be a way to be a bit cheaper there. Maybe say a relative died and you need the room for a funeral for a better rate? You can give them my # and I would be more than happy to say we are related and I died. I play dead well.....

Sean

We have looked at other places but we've been talking about going to the Kalahari ever since it opened.......

theavenger333
12-26-2005, 11:52 PM
usually the big parks have a calendar based on rates for the off season. we have gone up to the dells as a family on the way up to minnesota for a night for the last 12 years. best one bar none, overall for the money and such was Treasure Island. "right across from Family Land" like i said though, the rates usually fluxuate based on events. check the little calender. we usually could stay at the Island for under 110 a night.....

awsomeears
12-26-2005, 11:56 PM
Just buy that bubble machine with suction cups and stick it on the side of your TUB.............

Can you say fun ?

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeee

Car Guy
12-27-2005, 07:37 AM
usually the big parks have a calendar based on rates for the off season. we have gone up to the dells as a family on the way up to minnesota for a night for the last 12 years. best one bar none, overall for the money and such was Treasure Island. "right across from Family Land" like i said though, the rates usually fluxuate based on events. check the little calender. we usually could stay at the Island for under 110 a night.....

I'm going to check that one out, have you tried any of the other indoor waterparks........?

Yooformula
12-27-2005, 08:59 AM
This is a great thread thanks fellars! The family is looking into going to an indoor park this winter, lukcinly for us we can all go during the week so hopefully we wont have to pay as much.

d0nut
12-27-2005, 12:51 PM
We also tried Paradise Landing in downtown Milwaukee. It was ok at best. Lots of screaming kids.. it had a "Milwaukee county park in summer" kind of vibe. Not worth whatever we paid......

I'm going to check that one out, have you tried any of the other indoor waterparks........?

Crawlin
12-27-2005, 01:01 PM
I did the Wilderness Lodge in the dells and that was fun. not as much as the Kalahari for slides, but still FUN. One of the other things to try, is the Sundara Spa that is related to the Wilderness. Again, did the best suite they had(weekend deal) and it was 3 levels. The coolest thing about it is it's related to the Wilderness so you could still do the water park thing w/o paying extra.

Chris

6L chevelle
12-27-2005, 01:42 PM
Just got back form tha kalahari on monday, water park was fun, but not great (road every slide in less than a hour)

Went with the G/F, and had a hot tub suite, that was really nice.

Car Guy
12-27-2005, 08:05 PM
This is a great thread thanks fellars! The family is looking into going to an indoor park this winter, lukcinly for us we can all go during the week so hopefully we wont have to pay as much.

You'll probably save close to a $100 a night.....!!!

theavenger333
12-27-2005, 10:58 PM
yeah, i was gonna try to access Treasure Island's site to check the calendar for you, but everything keeps coming up unavailable, might be my computer, dunno. but usually they will give you a basic like 4 rates. there's 1.weekly non event, 2.weekend non event, 3.weekday event 4. weekend event. they gave you color coded calendar before, it was really nice. the kalahari and like Great Wolf are going to be by far more expensive due to their massive waterparks.. btw justin, check ur pm's.....

Crawlin
12-28-2005, 09:22 AM
just remember, you can get a pass to the waterpark at kalahari for like $30 i think for the day. So if you find one of the cheap local hotels, you can just go to the waterpark

Car Guy
12-28-2005, 08:10 PM
I appreciate all of the info, we found a killer deal @ The Wilderness resort that we couldn't pass up. It looks to be fairly similar to the Kalahari (fingers crossed). We're going on the 13th of Jan. for three days so I'll let you know how it was when I get back......