PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Decent US Cellular Phone

loud91rs
12-23-2005, 11:22 PM
Just as the title says, I need a decent used US Cellular phone, mine is EFFIN bad! I have the audiovox phone, what a PILE. Please help me out :thumbsup

T-Bag
12-23-2005, 11:30 PM
haha, I have the LG VX6000, they discontinued it because its such a pile of a$$ . I need a new one too but don't feel like dishing out full retail price.

Rocket Power
12-24-2005, 12:02 AM
haha, I have the LG VX6000, they discontinued it because its such a pile of a$$ . I need a new one too but don't feel like dishing out full retail price.
Preach brother preach!
I have one of those turds. I am caught in the middle of my contract. $75 to upgrade the turd and the early term fee to just go somewhere else :mad:
Worst camera ever put in a phone. This amazing phone can drop a call with nearly a full scale.

I am starting to wish I hadn't left Cingular. :goof

loud91rs
12-24-2005, 12:04 AM
my phone enjoys going from full bars to none, RAPIDLY, and theres no way to time it right so a call will go through. i've had it in for service, they "fixed" it, yeah right. oh and my screen went out. I LOVE their service area, but you gotta get a good phone :(

Slow Joe
12-24-2005, 10:08 AM
my phone enjoys going from full bars to none, RAPIDLY, and theres no way to time it right so a call will go through. i've had it in for service, they "fixed" it, yeah right. oh and my screen went out. I LOVE their service area, but you gotta get a good phone :(

When your contract is up save your phone, I'll save mine, and we can go phone golfing!!! T-Mobile = SUCKS... But hey everyone makes a bad decision once in a while... :alcoholic <- It's just that time of year...

loud91rs
12-24-2005, 10:49 AM
When my contract is up i'm staying with US Cellular, but i'm gonna buy a NICE phone. I have the most basic one right now :flipoff2:

jbiscuit
12-24-2005, 11:47 AM
I can't wait until my US Cellular contract is up. The roaming charges are INSANE

T-Bag
12-24-2005, 12:04 PM
Preach brother preach!
I have one of those turds. I am caught in the middle of my contract. $75 to upgrade the turd and the early term fee to just go somewhere else :mad:
Worst camera ever put in a phone. This amazing phone can drop a call with nearly a full scale.

I am starting to wish I hadn't left Cingular. :goof

Yes, it likes to NOT call with full bars of service as well, and also randomly shut off for no reason at all.

Car Guy
12-24-2005, 12:09 PM
I am shocked that the LG VX6000 is getting such a bad rap! I know at least a dozen people that have it and they all love it, including myself. Now I don't really use the camera unless it's an 'emergency' but as far as reception and so forth it's been great. Also very durable, I can't remember how many times I've dropped it and I've never had a problem(NEWS FLASH!---working on cars while talking on cell phone at same time not good). Now I don't know if there's a difference but everyone I know that has one is with Verizon and not one complaint, in fact they all rave about it......

loud91rs
12-24-2005, 12:12 PM
I'm gonna guess nobody has anything but that's ok, this tread is a great complain about our cell phones thread! :thumbsup :headbang Down with cell phones.

Car Guy
12-24-2005, 12:48 PM
I wasn't complaining.....!!!

SSScottSS
12-24-2005, 01:21 PM
I have an Audiovox phone, and I'm pretty happy with it. It's a simple phone... no camera or anything like that, but it's sooo nice and small.

Ask the reps at the US Cellular store about refurbished phones. They can get you one at quite a savings over the retail price.

T-Bag
12-24-2005, 02:03 PM
I am shocked that the LG VX6000 is getting such a bad rap! I know at least a dozen people that have it and they all love it, including myself. Now I don't really use the camera unless it's an 'emergency' but as far as reception and so forth it's been great. Also very durable, I can't remember how many times I've dropped it and I've never had a problem(NEWS FLASH!---working on cars while talking on cell phone at same time not good). Now I don't know if there's a difference but everyone I know that has one is with Verizon and not one complaint, in fact they all rave about it......

You're right about durable. Its sucked even before i've dropped/thrown/stepped on it. It can take a beating but still sucks

Rocket Power
12-24-2005, 02:57 PM
Now I don't know if there's a difference but everyone I know that has one is with Verizon and not one complaint, in fact they all rave about it......
Verizon does have GREAT service over at work, everyone elses phone get 1 or 2 bars outside, Verizon people can make and get calls inside the steel building :stare

But since I have to pay to leave early I guess I'll just put up with my phone for a while.

loud91rs
12-24-2005, 04:42 PM
I have the audiovox phone that doesn't have the camera, and it's small, color screen, etc. i kinda like the phone but i think it's the software...maybe they can update it? good idea on the refurb. phones :thumbsup

theavenger333
12-24-2005, 05:45 PM
u want just a decent US smellular phone? not like a camera or anyhting, go on ebay dude. you can score a color screen unit, even a few with cameras for less than 50 bucks......

drrodder
12-25-2005, 09:21 AM
I switched out of US Cellular because of the roaming. I have two old phones, both are Nokia 5165 (non-flip type). One is US Cell (worked fine when last used) and the other is some other carrier (I got it for spare charger and batteries). I don't use any of these anymore, so if you want, email me at drrodder@hotmail.com and maybe we can get you working.