PDA

View Full Version : New Z06...

Crawlin
12-23-2005, 10:55 AM
many have seen these already, but we just got one in. Already seen a yellow one out and about at Oscar's too. But oh well.

Crawlin
12-23-2005, 10:56 AM
everyone say hi to Kyle!!!

Yamahachick02
12-23-2005, 11:01 AM
I love them. I already got to drive one at work. :banana1:

Crawlin
12-23-2005, 11:05 AM
aren't you special ;) hahaha. no xmas present for you trying to show me up

Slow Joe
12-23-2005, 11:06 AM
Nice... for some reason I still like the old body vettes though... IDK why... The C5 was just... Better looking to me...

Yamahachick02
12-23-2005, 11:06 AM
thanks Chris. :rolf

Crawlin
12-23-2005, 11:07 AM
my buddy's dad picked up the red one from EVS. he's Eric's accountant.

Slow Joe
12-23-2005, 11:21 AM
Ah, out at Random Lake??

Crawlin
12-23-2005, 11:25 AM
honestly don't know. i just know he picked up the red Z06. i got a video if it in the service garage. I thought he picked it up at the one that's right around Good Hope.

Slow Joe
12-23-2005, 11:29 AM
Ummm Good Hope? Only Chevy Dealerships we have are Random Lake, Port, and Mayville... The only Chevy Dealership near Good Hope that I can think of is Bergstrom... :confused

Crawlin
12-23-2005, 11:52 AM
No no no... sorry...

He's Eric VonSchelodorn(? haha) accountant. He bought the red Z06, but he picked it up out of the EVS by you. He paid cash and got the special "deal" i'm sure for his relation to him.

Slow Joe
12-23-2005, 12:05 PM
Ah, so he picked it up out here in the Falls?? Oh, wait a second I heard the story about ordering the car I think... lol...

turbogarrett
12-23-2005, 12:11 PM
I wish I had the funds for one of those! Here's a good vid of one vs. a 460 rwhp cobra http://media.putfile.com/C6-Z06-vs-03-Cobra

Junky Giorgio
12-23-2005, 01:27 PM
chris, this thread is worthless without some breathtaking video.... ;)

Slow Joe
12-23-2005, 01:41 PM
chris, this thread is worthless without some breathtaking video.... ;)
Agreed! :thumbsup

Firefighter Z
12-23-2005, 02:30 PM
FINALLY! My Vette has arrived... Chris, can you please deliver it to me today? I cleared a spot out in the garage for it.

Crawlin
12-23-2005, 02:37 PM
No prob, got my check for $85k? you know, the extra 10g's for court costs ;)

Firefighter Z
12-23-2005, 02:40 PM
$85k? I thought the MSRP was only $65k.

Crawlin
12-23-2005, 02:52 PM
this one is fully loaded at about 73k, with navigation and all the trimmings, but the 2k markup for market value, and 10g's court costs :)

Slow Joe
12-23-2005, 03:24 PM
10g's court costs :)

That's for when GM loses the Lemon Law Case and Heiser's name is brought up in the case... :rolf :rolf

Sorry I had to, that's where my dad got his '99 Vette that went back on the lemon law back in '00... :rolf :rolf :durr

Crawlin
12-23-2005, 03:29 PM
Hahaha...

hey when you sell as many vette's as we do AND did back then, you got larger pool to have a claim in :) haha

Slow Joe
12-23-2005, 03:38 PM
Hahaha...

hey when you sell as many vette's as we do AND did back then, you got larger pool to have a claim in :) haha

Niiiice... lol... :rolf :rolf I still found it great at the time... He let me drive it back to the dealership... I only had my temps at that point and it was mid winter... Then we got the IA Courtesy Shuttle to pick us up and take us next door to IA and he took delivery of his 911... It was priceless... :thumbsup If I remember right the one thing he loved about that car the most was the hp per dollar...

Anakonda69
12-23-2005, 04:09 PM
chris what dealership do you work at?

97z2801ss
12-23-2005, 04:19 PM
Awesome!!!

Crawlin
12-23-2005, 04:22 PM
PM'd ya Anakonda

HITMAN
12-24-2005, 01:38 AM
2k markup for market value...
:gay

Poncho
12-24-2005, 01:28 PM
I am in love. I never was a huge Vette fan though. C5's I "liked", but never wanted. However, I totally want a C6 like nobodys business. Hell I'd take a LS2 powered one, any day of the week. Still Mid-12's stock on street tires.

JC70SS
12-24-2005, 02:23 PM
:yawn:

A B4C Z
12-24-2005, 02:35 PM
Not to shabby of a car. Rear end looks so bad ass with the wide tires.(335s)

Crawlin
12-24-2005, 10:21 PM
:gay

:rolleyes:

the people you see complain about it, are the ones that couldn't afford the car even if it sold for under sticker.

JC70SS
12-24-2005, 11:16 PM
Chris I disagree with that. If I was given that car I would sell it asap and buy a car that will be worth something in 10 yrs such as a COPO or Yenko Camaro. Sure it is a sweet car for the performance you get vs. $$, but it doesn't really excite me. I would rather have your car plus a ton of $$ left over in the bank. Maybe if it would land me a super hot chick I would like it :rolf like that would ever happen.

Cryptic
12-25-2005, 01:41 AM
wow... that cobra got wasted in that video garret posted.

Poncho
12-25-2005, 02:25 AM
Not to shabby of a car. Rear end looks so bad ass with the wide tires.(335s)

makes me jealous when I look at my lowly 245/45's and realize the biggest I can go is 275/40's.

I'd kill to be able to fit 335s out back.

HITMAN
12-25-2005, 04:22 AM
Here's your current post:

the people you see complain about it, are the ones that couldn't afford the car even if it sold for under sticker.

Here's your original:

yeah it's amazing how many people who CAN'T really afford this car shoot lowball
offers and think mark up for market value is ghey. :rolleyes: and that 2g's is
on the cheap end, check ebay... bet you think people offering 200g's for the
Ford GT at our Ford store is ghey too?

How typical of the proverbial snake-oil salescrook to take something personally that wasn't meant to be personal. I was merely offering up my $.02 on those that ask and those that pay over msrp. :loser

I'll brake it down for you, dud. IMO, I think asking over msrp is just plain greed, pure and simple. However, having said that, I realize that stealerships aren't the major problem, it's the morons that pay over sticker that fuel the greed. Much like the relationship between a junkie and his dealer, were it not for the needs and wants of his customers, the would-be drug salesclerk would be flipping burgers or breaking into houses and stealing from people with REAL jobs...

No, I can't afford a new Z, but even if I could, I would NEVER pay one red cent over msrp. Hell, with GM's track record of incentives, a guy of means that's willing to wait out the initial rush of gotta-be-the-first-one-on-the-block-with-a-new-Z dum-dums should be able to get a deal on one in less than a year. :thumbsup

You want to talk about Ford GT pricing compared to that of a Corvette? First of all, the GT is a much more limited production collectible that any modern Z/06 is. I believe production has been limited to no more than 3000 units per year. Never the less, my opinion of those that are willing to pay $200K+ for a GT is no different than that of those willing to pony up extra for the Z: STUPID, especially now. They must have more money than brains and are too lazy or stupid to do a little digging. As a long time subscriber to Autoweek, one of the things I peruse is the want ads. I've been seeing new GT's with an asking price of around $190,000 for the last few months, and Autoweek pricing is generally high. I remember last year when the first pre-recall cars were going for $250K+. The price has come down substantially since then, and it is creeping lower all the time.
Since you seem to be so enamored with ebay pricing, here's a recent sale of a NEW 2005 Ford GT (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Ford-GT-2005-NEW-GT-RED-WHITE-STRIPES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ116478QQitemZ45 92993681QQrdZ1) that went for UNDER MSRP.

There's an old saying:
A fool and his money are soon parted. The truly wealthy self-made individuals of this world didn't get that way by being foolish with their money. I doubt I'm ever going to be one of those wealthy people, but that doesn't mean I can't learn from them and from my own life lessons. I've played the fool, long enough. Deals can be had on just about anything, if you're willing to wait for the time period in which something goes from being a new trendy must-have, to when it becomes old and rare enough to be a real collectors item. My goal is to try and stay in that zone, no matter what the salesladies of the world have to say... :D

Merry Christmas, Seacrest, and may you have a happy and hopefully profitable (without any extra help from dullards) New Year. :banana1:

slow85vette
12-25-2005, 07:54 AM
That's a hot car!

Crawlin
12-25-2005, 09:47 AM
Here's your current post:

Here's your original:

How typical of the proverbial snake-oil salescrook to take something personally that wasn't meant to be personal. I was merely offering up my $.02 on those that ask and those that pay over msrp. :loser

I'll brake it down for you, dud. IMO, I think asking over msrp is just plain greed, pure and simple. However, having said that, I realize that stealerships aren't the major problem, it's the morons that pay over sticker that fuel the greed. Much like the relationship between a junkie and his dealer, were it not for the needs and wants of his customers, the would-be drug salesclerk would be flipping burgers or breaking into houses and stealing from people with REAL jobs...

No, I can't afford a new Z, but even if I could, I would NEVER pay one red cent over msrp. Hell, with GM's track record of incentives, a guy of means that's willing to wait out the initial rush of gotta-be-the-first-one-on-the-block-with-a-new-Z dum-dums should be able to get a deal on one in less than a year. :thumbsup

You want to talk about Ford GT pricing compared to that of a Corvette? First of all, the GT is a much more limited production collectible that any modern Z/06 is. I believe production has been limited to no more than 3000 units per year. Never the less, my opinion of those that are willing to pay $200K+ for a GT is no different than that of those willing to pony up extra for the Z: STUPID, especially now. They must have more money than brains and are too lazy or stupid to do a little digging. As a long time subscriber to Autoweek, one of the things I peruse is the want ads. I've been seeing new GT's with an asking price of around $190,000 for the last few months, and Autoweek pricing is generally high. I remember last year when the first pre-recall cars were going for $250K+. The price has come down substantially since then, and it is creeping lower all the time.
Since you seem to be so enamored with ebay pricing, here's a recent sale of a NEW 2005 Ford GT (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Ford-GT-2005-NEW-GT-RED-WHITE-STRIPES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ116478QQitemZ45 92993681QQrdZ1) that went for UNDER MSRP.

There's an old saying:
A fool and his money are soon parted. The truly wealthy self-made individuals of this world didn't get that way by being foolish with their money. I doubt I'm ever going to be one of those wealthy people, but that doesn't mean I can't learn from them and from my own life lessons. I've played the fool, long enough. Deals can be had on just about anything, if you're willing to wait for the time period in which something goes from being a new trendy must-have, to when it becomes old and rare enough to be a real collectors item. My goal is to try and stay in that zone, no matter what the salesladies of the world have to say... :D

Merry Christmas, Seacrest, and may you have a happy and hopefully profitable (without any extra help from dullards) New Year. :banana1:

I edited it because I realized that what I wrote back was too personal. And that was something that wasn't needed as a PERSONAL attack back at you. Cause that's not what I wanted to do.

Am I a greedy, self centered person at work? Hell yes I am. Everyone on here that knows me on a personal level, knows I'm not like in person. That's what it takes to actually succeed in this business. Which is how I got to a position that I didn't have to worry about me personally selling anything. The ones that do the best have no "fluff" about them. Straight forward and to the point. The Ford GT that sold for under sticker... sucks to be that dealership. And for the "stealerships", it's because we try to make money on SOMETHING because on the rest of the fleet of cars any dealership sells, a customer is ONLY happy when they perceive to have made sure the dealership is making nothing. Why is that? And those customers are the ones that give you the biggest problem later in life.

But back to the car... People pay market value for things. REGULAR corvettes barely move off of sticker if anything. So a low prouction one that is wanted by everyone is going to have a market value higher than what MSRP was. Production of the Z will actually be alot LESS than originally forcasted. If this wasn't the case in the world, you'd still be paying $5000 for a '63 Vette cause that's what it was when it was new. The fact that there are few left, and the condition of some of them, and the desire people have to have them affect it's market value. You guys know this.. so since it's a rarity to see it on a new car, then it's a complaint that it's happening.

Do I agree that a Yenko is worth more? Of course. But then you are only looking at the vehicle as an investment. Not as something to enjoy. How often would you drive the new Z vs and old Yenko? Everyone has their own likings and wants, and that's the cool thing about how many choices we have.

JC70SS
12-25-2005, 10:33 AM
personally if I had a Yenko, it would get driven. Cars are not museum pieces.

BAD LS1
12-25-2005, 10:47 AM
makes me jealous when I look at my lowly 245/45's and realize the biggest I can go is 275/40's.

I'd kill to be able to fit 335s out back.

ever notice my 315 DR's when it was parked in the front garage? they are worthless for traction, no sidewall

BAD LS1
12-25-2005, 10:48 AM

Ours gets drivenn... onto the trailer! :rolf

Crawlin
12-25-2005, 11:17 AM

i know you would Joe... again, nothing is meant personally towards anyone even though that's how typing is coming across. I know you are the exception to the "rule".

JC70SS
12-25-2005, 01:02 PM
I know Chris. Tom, I think your Dad's car is more rare than the typical Yenko.

Slow Joe
12-26-2005, 08:30 PM

I agree with that... :thumbsup It's cool to have classic cars, but that don't mean they should just sit around collecting dust... It's a machine that's made to be driven! I don't own my car becasue I like to stare it, I own it becasue I like to drive it!

BLUTO
12-26-2005, 08:49 PM
Holz has sold 3 or 4 Z06's and all were sold at sticker. :haveabeer

Crawlin
12-27-2005, 09:00 AM
So everyone... off to Holz!!!! We have 3 other orders already filled just waiting to be delivered and all of them were over sticker!! Wonder how that happened when we are right down the block? :) :haveabeer

Hey Joe... what's Ernie at on his Z06's... I know he likes to whore out Vettes.

Slow Joe
12-27-2005, 11:13 AM
Hey Joe... what's Ernie at on his Z06's... I know he likes to whore out Vettes.

Hey come on now... Mayville sells like 3 cars a year we gotta get rid of 'em somehow... :rolf But back on the serious note I just spoke with the manager of our Chevy store and he said that a regular vette brings about window sticker and the Z06 is bringing over... So we're the same as the rest unless you know someone on the inside... lol... Our Mayville store manager also said that's more of a car they'd sell in Random Lake, and that they are bringing over Window sticker there... So hey supply and demand, what can I say? :goof

Crawlin
12-27-2005, 12:30 PM
I see the Random lake store is sponsoring Corvette Forum, and I'm trying to get in on that ;) But we'll be giving up some discounts on that site

Slow Joe
12-27-2005, 01:55 PM
Makes sence, the Random lake store is a big vette store... Don't they sell the most vettes in the state or some ****?? That's what I've heard, I just don't pay much attention... lol...

BAD LS1
12-27-2005, 02:02 PM
when ur talking 75k, to me what is another 2-3K extra?? 20-30 bucks on the monthly payment?? I guess im not that much of a penny pincher, if i was in the market for a new Z06 i would be trying to get my hands on the first daytona sunset orange one i could and not gripe over a 2-3K markup... just my opinion

GTSLOW
12-27-2005, 03:46 PM
ever notice my 315 DR's when it was parked in the front garage? they are worthless for traction, no sidewall

Mabye straight traction.

That thing is designed for one thing Autocross & Road Racing! :rock:

BAD LS1
12-27-2005, 04:12 PM
Mabye straight traction.

That thing is designed for one thing Autocross & Road Racing! :rock:

Nitto 555R Xtreme DRAG it says on the sidewall.. ;)

BAD LS1
12-27-2005, 04:14 PM
Sounds like an old man hagling over the price of a new impala.... this is a friggin super car, if you got the means of making the payments, suck it up and dont moan about price... end rant

Crawlin
12-27-2005, 04:40 PM
Sounds like an old man hagling over the price of a new impala.... this is a friggin super car, if you got the means of making the payments, suck it up and dont moan about price... end rant

Welcome to me, joe's, and Blown GTP's life :)

I love it!

BAD LS1
12-27-2005, 04:59 PM
yeah im not even a car salesman... and i cant stand when people try to scrape every penny they can off the price of car... I can see if its used and EXTREMELY over priced compared to what KBB says it should sell for, fine. Ive always gone into a dealer knowing exactly what i want to buy and price is not an object on something i have my sights set on. Its a bonus if i get a 500$ rebate or etc to help pay the sales tax (but that 500$ gets taxed in WI!!!) or if there is red tag sales etc...

This just hits a nerve with me, the "something for nothing" people always out to try beat people up on the price. Makes you wonder if they argue like old people do in gorcery stores about the price of a gallon of milk asking if they can get a better price, burns my ass... its NON NEGOTIABLE MOTHER FVUCKER!!

Maybe they have had their eyes gouged out and skull fvcked before by a dealer... but that is their fault for not catching it...

Crawlin
12-27-2005, 05:58 PM
yeah im not even a car salesman... and i cant stand when people try to scrape every penny they can off the price of car... I can see if its used and EXTREMELY over priced compared to what KBB says it should sell for, fine. Ive always gone into a dealer knowing exactly what i want to buy and price is not an object on something i have my sights set on. Its a bonus if i get a 500$ rebate or etc to help pay the sales tax (but that 500$ gets taxed in WI!!!) or if there is red tag sales etc...

This just hits a nerve with me, the "something for nothing" people always out to try beat people up on the price. Makes you wonder if they argue like old people do in gorcery stores about the price of a gallon of milk asking if they can get a better price, burns my ass... its NON NEGOTIABLE MOTHER FVUCKER!!

Maybe they have had their eyes gouged out and skull fvcked before by a dealer... but that is their fault for not catching it...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

So many different directions I could go with my rant... i want to write a book :)

Slow Joe
12-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Welcome to me, joe's, and Blown GTP's life :)

I love it!

Naw... I don't have that much problem with customers seeing that I work with repeats and referals 95% of the time... And the other 5%... Naw they try to haggle more on the mini-vans... :rolf And heck we're giving them away anyways so... lol

EDIT: Or they're trying to haggle on $900 cars... LOL I got a few of those too... :durr Most of the others just say what's the best price, I show 'em the internet price, which they've already seen, give them maybe a few hundred off and call it a day... We're competitive online so I know where I stand most of the time... Til the car's been her 2800 days... lol :goof

Slow Joe
12-27-2005, 06:59 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

So many different directions I could go with my rant... i want to write a book :)

LOL, agreed on so many directions to go with the rant...

GrimreaperSS
12-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Just to throw ina few words.... I understand the point of fair market value and such, as it was explained before, thats what makes a 70 hemi cuda worth 3 million and so on. But you go to lets say a grocery store, and a can of soup cost 95 cents... thats what I expect to pay. Not, "today it's $1.50", because suddenly chicken noodle soup is the latest craze". Too me sticker is sticker, you walk into any other store to buy something, and what it says on the shelf is what you pay (+tax of course). It should be just the same for cars. ex: I walked into Ewald Chevy to talk to ex- fellow employees (this is when SSR came out). Thought I would go check out the new truck. STicker was like 43K or so, plus some dealer installed options made it about 45K.
Then right below the dealer install line... it says 5k for ADMINISTRATIVE FEES.
B.S. !!!! I think thats a load of crap to mark something up like that cause its the new thing on the block and to definitely call it admin. fees, they could have come up with something better than that. Admin. fees on cars in WI is like $90. This is all just my opinion.

Slow Joe
12-27-2005, 10:47 PM
"Service Fees" are 90... Admin Fees sound like mark-up and if we have dealership mark-up we disclose it as such on the adendum right under service fees...

HITMAN
12-27-2005, 11:09 PM
...Blah Blah Blah...

GTSLOW
12-27-2005, 11:34 PM
Nitto 555R Xtreme DRAG it says on the sidewall.. ;)

Oh I thought you were talking about the Z06 tires :rolf

Crawlin
12-28-2005, 09:09 AM
The SSR thing is messed up, but it's still less than what Chrysler/Plymouth charged for the Prowler. I remember back in '99 we had a $10g markup on that thing. And sticker is what is the price, and you pay sticker? You haven't haggled with a new car purchase? Or even a used car purchase? Man, you are .5 % of customers...

Cjburn
12-28-2005, 07:24 PM
When you actually go into the dealership for a car, any smart person would already know how much they're going to pay, period. All the info you need to know is on the net, if you didn't do you're homework before, you deserved to get raked over the coals.

Slow Joe
12-29-2005, 08:31 AM
The SSR thing is messed up, but it's still less than what Chrysler/Plymouth charged for the Prowler. I remember back in '99 we had a $10g markup on that thing. And sticker is what is the price, and you pay sticker? You haven't haggled with a new car purchase? Or even a used car purchase? Man, you are .5 % of customers...

From what I remember hearing we had one of the largest prices over window sticker on a Prowler at our Falls Chrysler/Plymouth dealership... Some crazy number like 15 or 20k over sticker... I'll have to double check... Some rich old man just wanted one from what I remember hearing... Then again that's from the time when obviously you couldn't get one... Not that they're easier to find today... lol :rolf

Crawlin
12-29-2005, 10:22 AM
When you actually go into the dealership for a car, any smart person would already know how much they're going to pay, period. All the info you need to know is on the net, if you didn't do you're homework before, you deserved to get raked over the coals.

And this is why dealerships try and make money on other things. Cause then customers are too stupid to realize that when you compare the edmunds TMV for an '06 whatever base model. and here they are looking at a fully loaded expecting the same price. sure, the internet is out there, but all it's done is make the customer more ignorant to the truth as well as SIMPLE MATH :)

when you tell me you want $250/month nothing down on an '06 Suburban, I"M GONNA LAUGH AT YOU

Cleveland Dave
12-29-2005, 11:28 AM
how about the ad for the crew cab chevy truck for 250 a month? whats the catch there?

Slow Joe
12-29-2005, 03:36 PM
how about the ad for the crew cab chevy truck for 250 a month? whats the catch there?

Probably a 60mo lease with alot of cash down... lol :rolf I have no clue...

Crawlin
12-29-2005, 05:19 PM
we dont' do 60 month leases. but we have crew cab silverado's that are w/t's (i.e. no carpet, no power anything, etc...) that can fit that bill easily. hell, we have a silverado for 199/month

Slow Joe
12-29-2005, 05:25 PM
we dont' do 60 month leases. but we have crew cab silverado's that are w/t's (i.e. no carpet, no power anything, etc...) that can fit that bill easily. hell, we have a silverado for 199/month

I was just givin ya ****... We had a '05 Dodge Ram (USED) that we could Lease for 36mo for 220 or so... Crew Cab, 4.7L 4WD, Alloys... Nice truck... That went away quick.... $199/mo that's cheap... Good value! LOL... Now I feel like I'm writing an ad... I'm just gunna stop here... :rolf :thumbsup

Crawlin
02-03-2006, 01:04 PM
UH OH!!!!!

Just got another black one in that was a sold order.

The UH OH is for the allocations given. None of the dealerships were given a good number of allocations. Above and beyond what we have, we only got ONE more and that had been a sold unit too. For HOLZ though, damn i'd hate to be the sales manager there. They got the same number as us, so with "all those sold at MSRP" you are going to be pissing alot of people off that you took orders for and can't deliver. So how many aren't gonna get an '06 that contracts were signed/deposits taken? Just wondering

jbiscuit
02-03-2006, 01:14 PM

Madison Dave, you getting rid of the SS? :confused