PDA

View Full Version : World o wheels......

d0nut
12-21-2005, 11:29 AM
Not sure if this is the place to post this or not but......

I was informed World of Wheels is having a hard time finding cars this year. If anyone has anything they want to show.....

I am not condoning the attendance or showing of a vehicle at World of Wheels, just typing what I heard. I think the last one I went to was in 1988?

Sean

Poncho
12-24-2005, 01:24 PM
I'd like to go this year, seeing that I have something is isn't beat up yet. Don't know if people would even care to see a stock GTO w/ a few appearance mods.

d0nut
12-24-2005, 01:28 PM
I'll get you the number to call. It isn't like you have a ratty Yugo or something!

Let me know if you are going since it seems I was volunteered to trailer a few cars down for the show. I can always find time to throw your GTO on the trailer and get it down there semi clean!

Sean

Poncho
12-24-2005, 01:39 PM
that would be nice. My dad takes his '55 Bel-Air on a trailer down to the show, but if I remember last year the weather was actually nice, so he drove it home.

On another note, I washed the car yesterday and found the first scratch. On the nose. Can't be pissed cuz it happens. Oh well I made it three months w/out any imperfections, I'm cool with that.

If I show it I wanna get a few things done, like get the FRC's painted body color, and customized a little, get my '69 Judge Style stripes done (Hence the new S/N JudgeThis) Get my order in for plates @ the DMV (JDGE THS). I'd also like to do some halfway decent detailing work done to the car.

We'll see what happens though. Last year I was all ready to go. Had my GTP all cleaned up, and ready and couldn't take it since I don't have a "spare" car to drive in the meantime.

d0nut
12-24-2005, 01:44 PM
I will get the phone # and post it here for you. I would think a lot of people wil like the GTO. Not an everyday car and it never hurst to have people tell you your car is cool!

I need to see if they have a class for ugly crap with bad primer jobs and maybe I'll drag something over...

Poncho
12-24-2005, 01:57 PM
LOL. I noticed finally around now, people are starting to accept the new GTO and not flat out hate it. I mean have you seen the mags lately?? I'd been pitted against Mercedes Benz, STIs, Chargers, Beamers, Mustangs, everything. It can't suck that much if the mags keep pitting it against everything. Luxury Inside, Low Key outside, Sports Car Powertrain/Drivetrain, and a very capable suspension for handling and drifting.

d0nut
12-24-2005, 02:07 PM
It's a good looking car. I haven;t driven one yet because I tend to have a brain malfunction that makes me finance things I can't afford. My wife has me banned from car dealers........

Dodge City called me when they got a SRT8 Charger in and she made sure I was on lockdown until it was sold!

Yooformula
12-24-2005, 05:03 PM
I am entered to show but if the weather turns to poo I may not be able to make it since I live alot further away now. If people dont supports local and national shows like this, they may not have it. If its nice and clean looking, I say show it, everybit helps.

Memphis
12-24-2005, 05:30 PM
I am entered to show but if the weather turns to poo I may not be able to make it since I live alot further away now. If people dont supports local and national shows like this, they may not have it. If its nice and clean looking, I say show it, everybit helps.

You'll make it, trust me. The group would look kinda wierd with an empty spot where a Formula is supposed to be! besides, we got you there before, we'll get-er-done again if need be!!

Yooformula
12-24-2005, 05:34 PM
You'll make it, trust me. The group would look kinda wierd with an empty spot where a Formula is supposed to be! besides, we got you there before, we'll get-er-done again if need be!!

LOL, Thanks Matt. I wouldnt want to inconvience ya anymore than you have already helped me out. :thumbsup

Flicktitty
12-24-2005, 05:47 PM
anyone have more info on what year or makes the cars need to be (are imports welcome?)and when is the show? Price to show?

d0nut
12-24-2005, 06:27 PM
As far as I know all cars are welcome so I think you should be able to enter.

I will be posting the # for the contact guy as soon as I get it. In the meantime here is a link to the show info:

http://www.autorama.com/casi/milwaukee.htm

Amazing...the Batmobile will be there again. Just like every other year I have gone since 1970 or so..... :rolf

Sean

anyone have more info on what year or makes the cars need to be (are imports welcome?)and when is the show? Price to show?

Flicktitty
12-24-2005, 06:40 PM
cool cool thanks alot!

Memphis
12-24-2005, 08:03 PM
LOL, Thanks Matt. I wouldnt want to inconvience ya anymore than you have already helped me out. :thumbsup

Anytime buddy, anytime.

Daytonapacecar959
12-24-2005, 08:08 PM
Imports are more then welcome.The years i was entered they always had a big display of imports.I THINK the show is around $75 to enter(not sure)because you have to become a member of the ISCA which is like $50.
I know this is how it worked when i enter in 00-02.I know it's expensive and it's a long weekend,but i thought it was worth it,plus you can get in line early for John Force on Sat.

Yooformula
12-24-2005, 08:34 PM
its free to just show but if you want to compete for a trophy then you have to pay a fee. i go for support and to keep from getting bored.

theavenger333
12-25-2005, 12:50 AM
plus you can get in line early for John Force on Sat.
hmm, will his daughter be there? :banana

Yooformula
12-25-2005, 01:03 AM
hmm, will his daughter be there? :banana
I read that she cancelled.

b4mytm
12-25-2005, 08:21 AM
Phone number for Joe Konkel who runs the show is 414-422-9505.
His e-mail is konkel@worldofwheels.com
You can pick up applications at House of Toys on Janesville Rd. in Muskego.

Flicktitty
12-25-2005, 12:45 PM
thanks for the info. might try and make it there.

srt4eh
12-25-2005, 08:24 PM
i want to make it there but that would require my car to have an engine......it'll be cutting it close

Nix
12-27-2005, 10:36 AM
I would really like to put my car in the show but there is no way in HELL I would drive it down there this time of year, anyway I really dont believe that it is clean enough to take into a show such as that. The biggest show I have ever taken it to was last summer up in the Dells, which hoepfully I will be able to make that one again next summer, execpt for the fact that I am getting married the following weekend! :wow

d0nut
12-27-2005, 11:17 AM
I'll have the trailer hooked up to the truck if you really want it in the show... All I ask is a coupla bucks for gas!

I live just east of State fair so it's not really out of my way.

Sean

I would really like to put my car in the show but there is no way in HELL I would drive it down there this time of year, anyway I really dont believe that it is clean enough to take into a show such as that. The biggest show I have ever taken it to was last summer up in the Dells, which hoepfully I will be able to make that one again next summer, execpt for the fact that I am getting married the following weekend! :wow

Nix
12-27-2005, 03:04 PM
So even if the car isnt *mint* such as the underbody and under the hood isnt the cleanest around either it would still be worthy of putting into the show? Also about trailering my car I live in new berlin off of National Ave, so how would that be able to worked into the mix of getting my car on a trailer? Sorry for all the stupid questions any info/help would be appreciated.

d0nut
12-27-2005, 03:07 PM
I think as long as it looks good from the outside put it in. No law says you need to have the hood open!

I will have the trailer hooked up and can buzz out to you on whatever day we are taking stuff down and get it delivered. You are close enough that it shouldn't be an issue at all.

Give the show guy a call and let me know if you decide to put it in. I'm always willing to help out!

Sean

So even if the car isnt *mint* such as the underbody and under the hood isnt the cleanest around either it would still be worthy of putting into the show? Also about trailering my car I live in new berlin off of National Ave, so how would that be able to worked into the mix of getting my car on a trailer? Sorry for all the stupid questions any info/help would be appreciated.

Nix
12-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Iam just curious, what type of trailer do you have/would you be using?

Iam really starting to consider doing this now, thankyou for all the input/help you have givin me thus far.

d0nut
12-28-2005, 10:43 AM
I have been using an open trailer. It will keep things pretty clean for the short distance we'd have to go with your car.

Don;t tell anyone I have been helpfull, I'm trying to keep a mean image with my kids.......

:banana1:

Iam just curious, what type of trailer do you have/would you be using?

Iam really starting to consider doing this now, thankyou for all the input/help you have givin me thus far.

97PontiacW68
12-28-2005, 11:01 AM
hey when is the WOW? Id like to make it down there for once.. i missed last yr.. i probably wont be able to go.. but we'll see

y2kws6
12-28-2005, 12:25 PM
Jan. 13th - 16th, 2006

Dan

I should be there with the car.

97PontiacW68
12-28-2005, 12:30 PM
oh really? damn ill be in tampa that weekend for my birthday :/ .. somebody should take pics of all the bcm cars there thatd be nice to see who showed.

nismodave
12-28-2005, 08:42 PM
I cant get a hold of a trailer, so Ive decided not to show. :(

Yooformula
12-28-2005, 09:12 PM

that sucks. as long as there is no ice or snow i will drive mine there.

d0nut
12-28-2005, 09:22 PM
If you want to get down there all I ask is some gas money in return for the ride!

You don't live in Green Bay or anything I hope,......

Sean

Silver350
12-28-2005, 09:42 PM
I dont know if I will go seeing last year was pretty lame. If I go I will be there to snap some pictures and that would be about it.