PDA

View Full Version : the chappelle theory

Teufelhunden
12-20-2005, 08:27 PM
Some of you may have seen this already... the chappelle theory (http://www.chappelletheory.com/index.html)
It details the plot by the most influential black people in America to bring down Dave Chapelle.

I know there's a lot of Chapelle fans here. Opinions? Thoughts?

wikked
12-20-2005, 09:14 PM
nyahhh... I don't buy it.
If they wanted to worry about him setting race relations 50yrs back, they'd be working on the ghetto's instead of Chappelle.

I also don't even think this is possible:
On Tuesday, while watching an episode of the Oprah Winfrey show, Chappelle recalled being completely stunned when Winfrey turned to the camera in the middle of interviewing Tom Cruise and said "Dave Chappelle, you should be ashamed of yourself for airing that Niggars sketch on your show this week, I'm going to make sure you never work in Hollywood again."

The image, allegedly taped by Winfrey, and transmitted to Chappelle's house under the direction of Robert L. Johnson who called in some favors with Chappelle's local affiliate station manager, terrified Chappelle.

There were so many death threats supposedly made, with physical evidence yet, why wasn't any of this on the news?

Also, the 3rd season IS airing on Comedy Central in early 2006.
They never finished it, but there are more than few completed episodes, so that's what they're going to show... I saw previews of it on Last Laugh 2005, looks absolutely fecking hilarious :rolf

Nice little hoax though :)

Teufelhunden
12-20-2005, 09:29 PM
I think it's just marketing for the 3rd season.

T-Bag
12-20-2005, 09:34 PM
Maybe he'll come back in a live episode or something, I have the feeling he's going to have a grand re-entrance.

PB86MCSS
12-20-2005, 09:36 PM
Site is crap.

After some time off he'll come back.

awsomeears
12-20-2005, 09:36 PM
I think it's just marketing for the 3rd season.

yep :thumbsup

Teufelhunden
12-20-2005, 09:53 PM
I gleened this off from another site:

The coding of the site is obviously done by a mediocre professional coder. The code looks pretty nice, although there are various errors which have been pointed out. It also has statistics monitoring set up by www.OneStat.com

The domain is registered to www.Weblinc.com, who has quite a few high profile clients, and is likely responsible for the coding.

It is very unlikely that this is just some hoax from an individual. It's most likely corporately based, or at least from someone with a pretty large amount of money.

The most likely explanation is viral marketing. I could also see Chappelle himself putting this thing up as a joke. It's actually pretty damn funny if you ask me.

VroomPshhTsi
12-20-2005, 11:23 PM
I agree that it's a hoax although it was a good read. I thought his third season was going straight to dvd or something. O well, the sooner I can see it the better... just reading about chappell's characters in that article made me laugh, god I miss that show