PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious E-Mail Responces...

Slow Joe
12-19-2005, 08:19 PM
Alright, this is a true e-mail that one of the guys here sent out to a customer... The first time the customer wanted to purchase the car he made an unreasonable offer so he re-e-mailed him... and here is how it went... The names have been changed to protect the innocent... :rolf

The first e-mail back (sent by one of our sales people):

"Hello it's Fred at EvS. This week only you will save upto $2000 more than ever before or ever again with me at EvS. This is not a gimick or joke. I have been allocated monies left over at years end from our ad department to pass onto you!
Hurry this won't last..."

The responce:

"Look here FRED... You were a jerk when I wanted to buy the BMW why in the fu<k would I want to come by you for this sh!t? Take me off your mailing list!"

The Responce:

"I am completely sorry that you feel this way. I am really not a jerk. I was however only attempting to do my job. I can understand how upsetting it can be when we as human beings do not get what we want when we want it. This is of course the American way. Did you ever get to buy an incredibly clean BMW Z3 for $10,000? I still have ours but it really has not depreciated much at all in the past few months. I only wish at this time that you were not so upset as to use profanity in such a manner as you did towards me. Imagine you are trying to preform your job and random people were to treat you as you just did to me. Life is too short to not be a kind human being. Happy Holidays brother. I wish for peace in every ones hearts.
Sincerely,
Fred"

LOL, When I read happy holidays brother... I started cracking up... :rolf :rolf I'm seriously going to frame this!!! lol

Flight_740
12-20-2005, 09:49 AM
Iwould have just replied to his email with a bunch of these.

:rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf

Crawlin
12-20-2005, 10:13 AM
Oh jesus... don't get me started with arrogant, uninformed, internet warrior, i know more than the manufacturer, holier than thou customers who don't know their di(k from the crayon they color with

i got a million of those type of responses. I had been dealing with 15-20 people on a consistent basis, so i just had a small blanket email go out explaining i wouldn't be in for the rest of the week because of a death in the family. i got a response saying, "get me off your list, i don't care, and get over it"

Chris

DirtyMax
12-20-2005, 10:14 AM
LOL @ "Were you able to find another Z3 for the 10k you wanted to pay?!?" :rolf

Flight_740
12-20-2005, 10:18 AM
LOL @ "Were you able to find another Z3 for the 10k you wanted to pay?!?" :rolf

That is a good one. :rolf

animal
12-20-2005, 11:36 AM
Oh jesus... don't get me started with arrogant, uninformed, internet warrior, i know more than the manufacturer, holier than thou customers who don't know their di(k from the crayon they color with

i got a million of those type of responses. I had been dealing with 15-20 people on a consistent basis, so i just had a small blanket email go out explaining i wouldn't be in for the rest of the week because of a death in the family. i got a response saying, "get me off your list, i don't care, and get over it"

Chris

Indeed. It is pretty funny how beligerant people can get when you esentially tell them they are high for what they are "offering" you. Somehow they all get this boneheaded idea that dealers pay like $5 for a car and are making all 15k on a sale. When I was in the dealership for my focus, this guy had a 1989 rusty falling apart diesel pickup with what looked like 350k on it and he was DEMANDING in a shouting match that he should get 10k on a trade-in for it. Every salesman, manager, and customer in the place were like ,dude, it's a p.o.s. it's not worth the $50 to tow it away.

You should just send some of these people this pic:

http://www.pissmeoff.info/pics/crack.jpg

Flight_740
12-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Most people want reatil money for their trade and want to pay wholesale on the new one.

When I have people that want KBB :rolleyes: for their trade, I tell them ok lets be fair here. Lets compare apples to apples. I want KBB for my car also if you want it for yours. :thumbsup

Crawlin
12-20-2005, 12:23 PM
Most people want reatil money for their trade and want to pay wholesale on the new one.

When I have people that want KBB :rolleyes: for their trade, I tell them ok lets be fair here. Lets compare apples to apples. I want KBB for my car also if you want it for yours. :thumbsup

OMG that's the **** when you pull that card out :) They shut up quickly then :)

Cleveland Dave
12-20-2005, 12:51 PM
i would rather get the edmunds true market value from the dealer...and 500 dollars over invoice for the new car :)

seriously though i always hear stories of how people got damn near invoice price for a new vehicle. isnt there quite a bit of markup especially on some cars.

Crawlin
12-20-2005, 01:24 PM
depends. on some cars $500 over invoice is more than sticker, haha. most internet stuff is quoted at invoice. i'm all over the place with quoting right now. with the red tag event it kinda of is screwy and with dealer cash coming back etc...

Cleveland Dave
12-20-2005, 01:46 PM
so how do they make money when its at invoice price?

DirtyMax
12-20-2005, 02:17 PM
so how do they make money when its at invoice price?

Don't you listen to the guy/girl on the radio when they say really fast: "Invoice does not reflect dealer cost due to holdbacks and incentives."

Dealers still make a little money when they sell at invoice. :thumbsup

Crawlin
12-20-2005, 02:39 PM
editied for professional purposes and at the wish of others, i could care less.

BLUTO
12-20-2005, 05:20 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rocket Power
12-20-2005, 05:21 PM
I thought I got a fair deal when I bought the truck, but I guess the guy couldn't be bothered to be there when I picked it up like he said he would be, or given me the whopping $20 trailer light adapter I was supposed to get which I would have mentioned in the call he said he would make but never did. :goof

That's ok I won't be back. Not for a part, not for service, not for an oil change, and sure the hell not to buy another car. If they can't remember/be bothered to do the little things, F'em. :thumbsup

T-Bag
12-20-2005, 05:45 PM
under invoice there is the holdback, under that there is advertising. in some cases it's ALOT of money. I'm $1600 UNDER invoice on a tahoe and the front end of the deal will also be about a $800 profit. if i hold any money on the trade in (appraised worth is $1000 but i tell you you are only getting $500, i just held $500 if it's getting wholesaled) Then there is back end which is warranty, paint protection, credit/life/disability insurance, and then of course the interest rate. We get you approved for 6% but we tell you we got you a great deal at 8%, we just get a 2 point profit.

You better hope nobody comes in to buy a car by you and pulls a copy of this brilliant post out. :loser

Oh for F*cks sake.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Crawlin
12-20-2005, 06:04 PM
You better hope nobody comes in to buy a car by you and pulls a copy of this brilliant post out. :loser

like i really care. i'm salary plus commission for deals. what's it to ya? hell, for me, i don't care what the hell we sell the car for, it's a flat rate per car anyways. and i don't even do the sale. so i luck out twice :) Plus, if anyone came in from here, great, easy deal. there's a reason they came to you and it's for honest truth. what's a trade in REALLY worth. and what's the value you are willing to sell the vehicle for for an honest profit. I could hold back on even employee's like a certain other chevy dealership and end up losing a sale to Wilde Pontiac of all shithole places to lose a deal to.

but i'm sure you are like most customers and know alot more than me(or maybe another dealership employee, cough cough HOLZ cough cough)

i've made more than a number of 10grand pops on people. And they were the happiest customers of them all. (10grand front/back) Hell he even came back and bought another Suburban 4 months later. Like I said, profit isn't a dirty word.

Now what happened with a salesperson not showing up for delivery, that's ****ed up. i've taken commission away from salespeople for not showing up for a delivery. And for not following through with a small part, crap i've put tint on customer's cars, pinstriping, headlamp covers, bed covers, etc.. All because that customer came back to me a couple times in just one year. As well as sent friends. You'd be stupid not to do that in this business.

That's the one thing that Holz has on any other dealership around. The amount of salespeople that have been there as well as sales managers. Yeah they have some fresh blood come in, but that large assortment of long time employee's keeps those customers coming back. they've gained that trust over the years. They do follow through and follow up with the customers and that's what helps them do larger numbers than the other dealerships. well that and a huge fleet department that basically triples truck sales over any other dealership around. i hate salespeople who jump from one place to another to another, etc.. grass is always greener syndrome. not only are you killing yourself career wise. but damn you kill the dealership too cause people DO come back. /rant off

Rocket Power
12-20-2005, 06:11 PM
Now what happened with a salesperson not showing up for delivery, that's ****ed up. i've taken commission away from salespeople for not showing up for a delivery. And for not following through with a small part, crap i've put tint on customer's cars, pinstriping, headlamp covers, bed covers, etc.. All because that customer came back to me a couple times in just one year. As well as sent friends. You'd be stupid not to do that in this business.
And that's why next time I'll be going somewhere else :)
I wasn't asking for the world, just what I was supposed to get.

Crawlin
12-20-2005, 07:30 PM
Ok I took my post down for some reasons, which i really don't care about and it's all readily available on the net and you've probably all read it. But seriously, who DIDN"T know that's how things go?

Jake B. (Killer Quad)
12-21-2005, 12:14 AM
I could hold back on even employee's like a certain other chevy dealership and end up losing a sale to Wilde Pontiac of all shithole places to lose a deal to.

WOW some one lost a sale to Wilde Pontiac, didnt think that was possiable. hmm must of put them at a 12 month high for sales! :rolf

Slow Joe
12-23-2005, 10:04 AM
UPDATE!!! Look at the rest of the responces of it... The customer is comming in today to get his BMW Z3 from what I understand! I'll post if it really happens or not... lol... I'm amazed that the customer diffused so easily and continued correspondance...

The customers responce:
"No I didn't buy one, and I'm in no hurry to. If I find one, I'll buy it! You could have been truthful and said you're into it for too much, or whatever the reason (greediness, whatever) instead of saying I won't find one within 1,000 mi for $10k. You could have had that one gone and be on to the next one, but there you sit sending out emails trying to drum up business! Word of mouth sells cars!"

The salesman's responce:
"We are not into it for too much. But we are not a wholesale operation. And I am sure you do not have a wholesale license. I would retail the car at $11,000 if my manager will let me. My name is not on the building!"

And wait... Someone lost a sale to Wilde Pontiac? I thought that place didn't sell cars? I thought it was a storage lot for some other dealership... lol :rolf

Crawlin
12-23-2005, 10:13 AM
Holz lost one of their own employee sales because they were stupid and treated that employee like crap. When you try to screw an employee, that's just even sadder

And i just have a personal thing against a employee that works there who's husband just so happens to be on this board(which i'm aware most of you should figure out with the post editing). That's why you see things disappearing from my posts. For the amount of time I've been in the business, and the amount of customers I've had to deal with, and the knowledge of how things work coming from THEIR mouth, you'd think EVERYONE knows how we make money as a business. I doubt anyone's job was on the line by me posting what i did. :rolleyes:

These emails get funnier as time goes on.

Flight_740
12-23-2005, 10:15 AM
Nice answer!!! :rolf :rolf

If you want to "steel cars" like we suposedly do in the car bizzz, go through the steps of getting your wholsale or retail license. That way you can go to the auction/other dealers and see how insanly cheap we get these cars!! :rolf :rolf

Yup, that Lexus I have in the front row for $14995, we own it for $5000! :rolf :rolf

Then hell froze over :stare :durr

Crawlin
12-23-2005, 10:27 AM
god i really hate KBB.com

an '04 2WD Trailblazer with 13,000 miles is KBB for 16k-17k for TRADE IN. Right now, you can pick up a brand new '05 for about 19k with similar options. If these customers would actually THINK about the real world and if that 17k actually makes sense, they'd be ALOT better off.

Flight_740
12-23-2005, 10:33 AM
Thats why it's so refreshing to have a customer that is in reality. I have to admit, Im lucky that 75% of them are a plessure to deal with. It's just that other 25% that really gets under my skin. :rolf Everybody has things they don't like about their jobs.

Crawlin
12-23-2005, 10:48 AM
god i wish i got to deal with customers that are located somewhere in this GALAXY. 99.9% are just WAY out there. it's not overcoming objections, it's overcoming unrealistic ideals.

My absolute favorite is to hear a salesperson come to me saying that the customer wants to "be around $25,000... you know, $200/month purchase" SIMPLE MATH PEOPLE!!! use it...

Slow Joe
12-23-2005, 11:03 AM
My absolute favorite is to hear a salesperson come to me saying that the customer wants to "be around $25,000... you know, $200/month purchase" SIMPLE MATH PEOPLE!!! use it...

Come on... $25,000 divided by 72 with no interest is obviously $200/mo :rolf :rolf Actually closer to $350, but how often is there 0% interest... Anyways... I still like the line the used car manager used last year on a customer that said that he can "go out and buy this car anywhere else for $5000"... "Good take me there, you can buy one and I'll buy 10" :rolf Sometimes people just get unrealistic...

Crawlin
12-23-2005, 11:11 AM
BWAHAHAHAHAHA.... that line is classic.

Flight_740
12-23-2005, 11:35 AM
I still like the line the used car manager used last year on a customer that said that he can "go out and buy this car anywhere else for $5000"... "Good take me there, you can buy one and I'll buy 10" :rolf Sometimes people just get unrealistic...

I have even told people that I will pay them a $300 finders fee for every one he brings me and I buy. :rolf

Slow Joe
12-23-2005, 12:06 PM
Funny thing is that some people really think they can find them...

Flight_740
12-23-2005, 12:09 PM
Yeah, those are the same people I waste time with for 2 years and they still drive the shltty old ford tempo and still have not boughten anything.

Slow Joe
12-23-2005, 12:11 PM
Yup... Hey nothing wrong with a Tempo... LOL... Unless you like nice cars.. :rolf