PDA

View Full Version : Winter project progress

PB86MCSS
12-15-2005, 01:29 AM
So how is everyones winter projects going as far as progress, if at all? :)

So far I have my steering linkage removed and the center link/idler arm installed. Also removed the steering box, degreased/cleaned it up, did adjustments to it to tighten it up I found online and painted it so its like new, at least looks it :D. Headers are removed and getting shipped out tomorrow for re-coating. Eibach springs ordered and waiting install with the tie-rods too.

Next is to locate some 98'-05 Blazer brakes/spindles and order my fancy UCA's and ball joints, then finish the swapping....hopefully done sometime in February.

Rocket Power
12-15-2005, 06:11 AM
Well I put the steering column in the wagon out of the 442, now I just have to put in the floor shifter. I went to take the mounts out of the parts GP and they're were only 2 and the cutlass console needs 3. Guess I am taking the out of the 442.
On a side note, I got the wagon title last week. :banana1:

Rocket Power
12-24-2005, 07:54 PM
Well I started putting the chrome trim back on the sides of the wagon. I have next week off so I plan on changing the interior to buckets/console starting Monday, assuming I don't get sick like the others in my house.

PB86MCSS
12-25-2005, 02:15 PM
http://members.aol.com/tadowpaul/LSTearDown

See if you can count how many things removed from the car scattered in the picture :D.

New UCA's with balljoints should be here next week or so...get LCA bushings/joints replaced somewhere(to be determined) then locate a ZQ8 brake setup off a newer Blazer.

Then theres the fuel hose re-locating, serpentine bracket replacing/cleaning, wheelwell/underhood detailing, put the headers back on when they come, figure out what I'm going to do with my cat-back exhaust to fix the busted tailpipe too, rear springs....oh yea replace the headliner on top of it and new cooling fan setup :D :stare . Think it can all be done by March sometime? Hmm.

SSScottSS
12-26-2005, 02:45 AM
:eek: Wow, you're not playing around now that you've got a garage to work in. :thumbsup

I've purchased electric fans so far. Still have to pick out a wiring kit for them, and get one of those upper radiator mounts from an Olds or Regal.

I guess I take baby steps LOL

PB86MCSS
12-26-2005, 10:21 AM
Yea I just hope I can remember how to put it all back together :goof .

I think I'm going to use the Ramcharger wiring harness like I did on my SS but trying to make a TPI harness work with the Intrepid fan wiring is tempting too.

MY FYN 79
12-27-2005, 10:26 PM
Once you get done with yours, you can come and rebuild my front end too! :durr

Seriously though, nice to see you have your own garage to tackle some jobs in. Let me know when I can move some of my stuff in! :headbang

Dom87SS
12-30-2005, 07:04 PM
what upper control arms are you going to be using for this swap? must be a newer thing, been outta the monte loop for over a year now.

here is how my car sits right now, but with a bit of snow on it now. i took a lot of stuff out of the engine bay to clean it up a bit. i got ramchargers dual electric fans kit, 1 3/4 dynomax headers, a iceman crossmember, metco drive shaft loop, comp 3 way shocks (all 4), atr rear sway bar, front trick springs, NX stage six kit, 850 mighty demon, slicks and skinies, and 8.5 to go in for 06. it looks pretty ratty, because it is. i have rerouted the evac lines, and removed the heater hoses since this pic. but everyhtign else is pretty much the same. so not much is going on because its cold, and my car is outside. im just waiting for the weather to break. i have a few things planned for the GTPin the near future as well.

http://img275.imageshack.us/img275/7588/monteside5ge.jpg
http://img275.imageshack.us/img275/3504/motor133bx.jpg
http://img493.imageshack.us/img493/4281/motor118qv.jpg

PB86MCSS
12-31-2005, 01:03 AM
Get crackin at it Dom! :D

Using adjustable upper arms from www.scandc.com . Uses taller ball joints too to help the geometry.

MY FYN 79
12-31-2005, 11:10 AM
Progress is slow on my car too.

My plans include a new accessory drive (any suggestions?), rebuild the front end, new shocks, new gas tank, custom built aluminum crossmember, possibly a new ported intake manifold, and hopefully some new Mickey drag radials if $ permits.

Is it spring yet? :D

Dom87SS
12-31-2005, 12:36 PM
i have march under drive Horsepower pulleys on my motor now, actually in the pic above. they are cheap if you get them anodized black instead of chrome/polished. and the brackets they make, yes overly expensive, but are extremly nice is quality. they make doing alt/belt and soon PS work a lot easier. plus you can run both v grove, both sepentine, or half v half serp setup.