PDA

View Full Version : Thermostat help please

UnderPSI
12-14-2005, 02:27 PM
I am looking for some one in the waukesha to stop by and help me with the wiring for this thermostat. Furnace works but I have problems/questions. Feel free to call 262-751-9439. Let me know what you want for helping. Cash, beer... Thanks, Brad

PonyKiller87
12-14-2005, 03:06 PM
should be pretty easy, usualy they are a 4 wire system using what looks like phone wire. Just look at the furnace end what terminals each color is on, then hook them up on the stat.

If its more difficult than that you maybe using a stat that isnt compatable with your furnace

Shoot me a PM or something if you need more help

UnderPSI
12-14-2005, 04:07 PM
thermostat is hooked up right. When theromstat is in auto/heat position when it reaches the desired heat setting the burner turns off but the blower still blows air. In fan position I would expect the blower to stay on but in auto it should shut off completly when the desired temp. is reached. I am not sure if the transformer is hooked up wrong or what but I don't want to ruin anything. Thanks

Lash
12-14-2005, 05:37 PM
Huh...interesting. I take it that it's a programable stat? If so what what are all of the settings at that you programed in(heat, cooling, etc.)?

Did you have to use a jumper wire for the A/C?

I have to do some work with one of our service techs tomorrow so I'll ask him for some suggestions.

UnderPSI
12-14-2005, 06:59 PM
Its digital but not programable. There is a jumper for the ac. I had the same problem with the old thermostat. So I am thinking it is the transformer. The wires are hooked up right on the low volt side. I am not sure about the 120v side. Like I said I have no experience with these transformers and I don't want to burn it up.

y2kws6
12-14-2005, 09:09 PM
It does not sound like a transformer issue at all. Look at the seperate fan control = is it also in auto. Does the fan turn off eventually? The fan might have a delay on to cool off the funace to a reasonable temperature before shutting completely off.

Dan

awsomeears
12-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Jump the T-stat terminals on the board with some clips, see what it does ?

Could be a short in the 4 - wire