PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Fogger System

TransAm12sec
12-13-2005, 07:38 PM
Anyone have one, or know someone who does?

I love how this looks.
http://www.holley.com/data/products/pictures/large02620NOS.jpg

Karps TA
12-13-2005, 07:59 PM
I would assume you need to drill through the rear china wall in order to hide the lines going into the block?

Crawlin
12-13-2005, 08:13 PM
:nitrous :devil

Crawlin
12-13-2005, 08:15 PM
there are a number of ways to do it. the under intake fogger system is COOL, but in my mind unrealistic. reason being is with jet changes being nearly impossible to get at on a consistent basis. ESPECIALLY since you need a fuel system able to handle the large shot the direct port could do. and at that point, THAT is easy to find.

now on a 3rd gen, it would be easier to do the intake swaps than on a 4th gen. either way, it's pimp, but much better ways to hide stuff if you really wanted. i know of a vette that was done VERY cleanly, and only if you know WHAT to look for, can it be found.

Syclone0044
12-15-2005, 11:57 AM
What about this? http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showpost.php?p=106967&postcount=157

quickcarl
12-16-2005, 03:56 AM
there are a number of ways to do it. the under intake fogger system is COOL, but in my mind unrealistic. reason being is with jet changes being nearly impossible to get at on a consistent basis. ESPECIALLY since you need a fuel system able to handle the large shot the direct port could do. and at that point, THAT is easy to find.

now on a 3rd gen, it would be easier to do the intake swaps than on a 4th gen. either way, it's pimp, but much better ways to hide stuff if you really wanted. i know of a vette that was done VERY cleanly, and only if you know WHAT to look for, can it be found.

Actually something like that would be pretty practical.If you know what you're doing, then jet changes would not even be necessary. Once the juice starts flowing, the heat would'nt be much of a factor either. As far as fuel?..........; a big fuel system being needed is just a myth. A fogger uses much less fuel than people think. If set up properly, a setup like this is a potential killer. :thumbsup

GTSLOW
12-16-2005, 06:33 AM
What about this? http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showpost.php?p=106967&postcount=157

Please tell me thats not yours!!! :D

Crawlin
12-16-2005, 09:01 AM
Actually something like that would be pretty practical.If you know what you're doing, then jet changes would not even be necessary. Once the juice starts flowing, the heat would'nt be much of a factor either. As far as fuel?..........; a big fuel system being needed is just a myth. A fogger uses much less fuel than people think. If set up properly, a setup like this is a potential killer. :thumbsup

i know how a nitrous system works, and i know the tuning capabilities of it... but what i meant was for someone like me that doesn't just hit it with ONE shot all the time. i work up from the previous point i was at when i'm at the track. so to make adjustments i'd have to be pulling the intake. there IS an idea i have about hiding a nitrous system sort of like pictured, but WITHOUT having to ever remove the intake to change jets

as for the fuel system, since in my mind running in the car that i have, having a direct port requires a whole seperate fuel system. that's not so easily hidden. again, in MY mind, as cool as it is, not as practical for a hidden setup as other things would be

jbiscuit
12-16-2005, 10:02 AM
aren't most hoods bolted shut anyways? :durr

95 TA - The Beast
12-16-2005, 12:40 PM
as for the fuel system, since in my mind running in the car that i have, having a direct port requires a whole seperate fuel system. that's not so easily hidden. again, in MY mind, as cool as it is, not as practical for a hidden setup as other things would be

Now, I am just wondering, why you would need an extra fuel system, why not just beef up the current system? Would seem to be somewhat cheaper than adding on a whole serperate setup jsut for nitrous... As a side note I did notice some of the stand-alone fuel systems being offered out there for nitrous use and I must say the way some of those guys mount the fuel cell in the engine compartment scares the bejesus out of me... Too much to go wrong and too much death possibilities for my tastes... :P

Crawlin
12-16-2005, 01:30 PM
i guess my thinking is, at what point is it large enough to cover the BUILT engine AND a 400 shot or something even as small as a 250. i like to error on the side of caution. and so if this built engine requires X fuel pump and line size to get the flow it needs, how much more do you need, and how does that affect normal streetability? bigger pump run too hot? cause short lifespan? noise? Cost?

again, it's only MY opinion. not right or wrong. is that system cool? oh yeah. no doubt about it. is there a way to perfectly hide EVERYTHING, including a seperate fuel system. most definitely, seen it done many times. but for how MOST people, on this board especially, would use it, i still say impractical. even if you go back to flow the fuel system to get back to being on the safe side for the jetting, you got an AFPR sitting right there with lines going to something other than the engine ;)

scottie K
12-16-2005, 09:25 PM
Ok im going give you one idea how you can do it

if you put jet at the opening of the silonoids ( flared) in witch they would be hiddin ( in car ) under dash ??

i found this trick out from a guy that runs in that cheap street there only alowed a plate system, so they would drill the jet out ( big ) but they would modify the silonoids and regulat them with a seperate jet ..
so when tech pulled the jets they were numbered like they are but they dont look at the oriface size

see what im saying???

quickcarl
12-18-2005, 06:18 PM
Ok im going give you one idea how you can do it

if you put jet at the opening of the silonoids ( flared) in witch they would be hiddin ( in car ) under dash ??

i found this trick out from a guy that runs in that cheap street there only alowed a plate system, so they would drill the jet out ( big ) but they would modify the silonoids and regulat them with a seperate jet ..
so when tech pulled the jets they were numbered like they are but they dont look at the oriface size

see what im saying???

He's pulling your d!ck. They could care less what the jet says, they check the orifice size with a small drill.

As far as the fuel system and the tuning is concerned: With a big enough pump, you just tee the supply to the fuel solenoid and the other side to the carb or whatever. As far as the tuning is concerned, you jet the kit appropriately, and do your tuning with timing and fuel pressure. If you need a bigger shot then it becomes more of a hassle.....BUT you could do like Scotty said and put the biggest jets in the nozzles, then place a pair of jets upstream of the distribution blocks.

All problems solved, discussion over. :)

Thanx.