PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)

TransAm12sec
12-13-2005, 12:19 AM
Man, I can't wait that long

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/pirates_of_the_caribbean_dead_mans_chest/trailers.php

Cryptic
12-13-2005, 02:51 PM
looks good

USMARINE1108
12-13-2005, 04:16 PM
I love the first one, can't wait to see this one.

Prince Valiant
12-13-2005, 06:00 PM
I couldn't believe the first one was as good as it was...I couldn't think how they could get a story from a ride, that didn't really have a story to feature with it (unlike snow white, peter pan, etc). It was amazing that they effectively captured the essence of the ride into the movie, while making the story damn entertaining to boot...

Personally, I thought johnny depp made the movie though...and kiera knightly couldn't have made for better eye candy.

TransAm12sec
12-13-2005, 06:45 PM
I didn't know it was based on a ride.

Prince Valiant
12-13-2005, 06:49 PM
I didn't know it was based on a ride.
Oh yeah it is...great ride too. Nothing much for this day and age...it goes around like "It's a small world" but has animitronics for the pirates instead. Many major scenes were recreated in the movie (prison break-out, dog holding the key, many of the pagentry scenes, etc...)

It's a "neat" ride...won't scare you, but will amaze the kids

USMARINE1108
12-13-2005, 08:25 PM
Oh yeah it is...great ride too. Nothing much for this day and age...it goes around like "It's a small world" but has animitronics for the pirates instead. Many major scenes were recreated in the movie (prison break-out, dog holding the key, many of the pagentry scenes, etc...)

It's a "neat" ride...won't scare you, but will amaze the kids

If I remember right, isn't there a part where you go through a dark tunnel, and down a little drop when you don't know it's comming? Maybe that's Space Mountain.

Prince Valiant
12-13-2005, 08:26 PM
If I remember right, isn't there a part where you go through a dark tunnel, and down a little drop when you don't know it's comming? Maybe that's Space Mountain.
you are correct...it's toward the begining of the ride...not a far drop, just enough to get going, and get sparyed with just a slight slight amount of water.