PDA

View Full Version : Love your family...

Crawlin
12-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Hey guys, weird post... but I just got back from Philadelphia. I lost my grandfather this week and buried him yesterday. It's VERY hard for me right now, but the one main thing I had that I don't normally, is family. I was around people I hadn't seen in 2 years or more. I don't ever see my family other than my mom and dad.(because of the distance to Philly)

It's one of those trips that made me realize how important it is. for the first time in probably 10 years, my father and his brother-in-law got along fine. granted moments of stress that I won't get into, but they NEVER have gotten along. i'm sure the alcohol the whole family was on had some effect.

But this holiday season, please love those that are still with you, and remember those that are not. Everyone has favorite relatives, and he was my favorite grandfather, and his wife, my nana, passed from cancer in '97. so he finally is home with the woman he loved for so long(50+ years).

95 TA - The Beast
12-10-2005, 10:31 AM
My condolences to you and your family during this difficult time...

Having lost grandparents of my own, I understand how immensly saddening this time can be, especially around the holidays when family becomes such a focus...

Quite a nice touch you put on it though, remembering his being reunited with his wife, as those that pass should be be remembered for all they have meant to those that remain and to be honored for taking the 'next step', whatever that may be, regardless of individual beliefs...

Yooformula
12-10-2005, 12:40 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss Chris. I had a similar experience when my grandmother died. I tried like mad to have my dad and his brother reconcile for good but alas no luck. The lucky ones learn before its too late to cherish what they have with their family.

Anakonda69
12-10-2005, 01:01 PM
i'm with u crawlin...me and tyler(monstr913) lost our grandma to cancer approx 1 month ago.....my grandpa is having a rough time...they were married for 45 years....and the holidays will be rough but being with family helps.....i am sorry for your loss just remember he is in a better place....and always remember the good times...

CruxGNZ
12-10-2005, 01:53 PM
Sorry for your loss guys. This year has been a bad one for me and my family as well. My Grandpa past away earlier this year. The night he was burried, my Grandma suffered a stroke and past away a week later. Then, a couple months ago, my Great Grandma past away. It's kind of wierd, not being able to ever talk to them again. They were all good people.

Slow Joe
12-10-2005, 05:37 PM
My condolances.. Sometimes it's things like this that bring people together. Sometimes people have to loose someone to realize how fragile life really is...