PDA

View Full Version : Think im Fu@@ed

0TransAm0
12-09-2005, 12:26 PM
ok i was driven home from work today and car started to run like complete crap like it was hittin on 4 cylenders.limped it home the ses light was flashing and then stayed on i checked it with my diablo tuner and it said p0300 random cylender misfire..checked my air filter and sure **** thier was snow on it from driving to work this morning so im assuming i sucked water into the motor..my question is should i change the plugs and see if it goes away..they are ngk tr55's and have about 16k miles on them. i also put the paper filter back in. just wondering if im going to be spending alot of money in this(haveing to rebiuld) or if its something easy.. car still runs just like **** under load and it idles fine......
anybodyelse have this problem b4..i was gettin pissed on the way home so i floored it when it was running rough and it seemed to go away at WOT but when driving slow it was all shakin and ****.....

Prince Valiant
12-09-2005, 01:06 PM
could it be just some bad plug wires?

0TransAm0
12-09-2005, 01:14 PM
i put the taylor 8mm wires on the same time the plugs went in..if the MAF got wet could that cause the same problems??

95 TA - The Beast
12-09-2005, 01:21 PM
If the MAF did get wet, then yes it could show the symptoms you described... Try drying the MAF out and see if all is well...

BAD LS1
12-09-2005, 01:25 PM
aftermarket plug wires fit loose, anytime the humidity was high out (foggy or rain) when i had aftermarket plug wires on my car the ****er would run all catywompass like that too. changed back to OEM plugwires with dielectric grease gobbed in teh ends, no problems since.

OEM plugwires = headache on LS1's

0TransAm0
12-09-2005, 01:34 PM
well im going to start pulling the plugs out and when my dad gets home i can take his truck to get new ones.. i put in a dry airfilter and took the MAF inside to dry out if i can find my stock wires i will put them back on but the talor ones fit pretty snug..

edit..should i change the oil or just leave it?

so much for going snowmobileing this afternoon :crying

indyzmike
12-09-2005, 02:07 PM
For the small amount of snow that got sucked in I wouldn't worry about the oil.

0TransAm0
12-09-2005, 02:11 PM
well i pulled off all the driver side ones and they look like light brown to grey in color and the little tops that can screw on and off was half way off of the 3rd one back..the driver side front one was the same way now i just gotta do the last three....the fun ones and put new ones in.. thanks for the replys so far.

BAD LS1
12-09-2005, 02:32 PM
plug wires..........................

0TransAm0
12-09-2005, 05:11 PM
i could only find one of my stock plug wires so i will buy new ones sunday as i have to work all day saturday but i replaced the plugs and still got that same frickin problem and the ses light still flashes..idk but ima starten to get pissed...

BAD LS1
12-09-2005, 05:36 PM
If you had a 6 speed car i would tell you to maybe check for bent/broken pushrods, but its nearly impossible to fubar pushrods on an auto unless your holding it tight to the rev limiter for a while or something.

Its been my finding that aftermarket wires dont seal as tight to the plug, so any moisture in the air, like today was will cause it to act all stupid.

If the MAF got wet, it would ultimately end up setting a code that it failed eventually or reading high or low like a PO103 etc.... Besides once it fails, it would fall into speed density mode and would run half way decent.

Maybe check your MAF fuse in the engine bay fuse box, its labeled ENG SENS, if maf's do stupid things, they end up blowing that fuse sometimes, and they dont set codes when the maf fuse pops.

0TransAm0
12-09-2005, 06:04 PM
well the only code im getting is PO300 i checked the fuse and its all good..and i wasnt at all holding to the rev limiter..i was going down the road it WAS coverd in slush and when i turned onto the highway i gave er a little bit but not even enough to break the tires loose and i noticed it kinda fell on its face so to say....i will replace the wires on sunday and i hope to hell thats what it is..i hope i didn't mess up the pistons and rings or somethin...

BAD LS1
12-09-2005, 06:10 PM
i hope i didn't mess up the pistons and rings or somethin...

Its almost nearly impossible to have that happen w/o the help ofa power adder.

350-Z28
12-09-2005, 06:22 PM
One problem I had, though in a totally different car was after it sat for a week while i was in AZ i got back and it ran like ****, idled okay but missed horribly underload, I changed my wires and cleaned cap and rotor and it seems to be okay, lsight miss here and there but i gotta do a full tune up on it. Granted the LS1 is way different my first check would be everything ignition related (simple things) that could be effected by moisture.

0TransAm0
12-11-2005, 10:10 AM
well i dont know what else to do i changed all the plugs and wires and its still ****ed i reset the computer and went around the block and it still ran like crap..when im sittin at a stop in gear the idle drops below 500 rpm and it starts shakin..gotta put it in N and rev it to keep it running..

any other things i can check b4 i take it to the dealer????and pay outa my ass to get this thing fixed... is thier a way i can check the coils?? could those be the problem..

BAD LS1
12-11-2005, 10:19 AM
Where in racine do you live? i could maybe stop by in the early evening and take a look at it today.

Im gonna send you a PM with my cell #.

0TransAm0
12-11-2005, 10:27 AM
6mile towrds the lake in creastview.

Yooformula
12-11-2005, 11:29 AM
I bet its still the maf. Did you spray it off already? Maybe make sure all of the connectors are fastened, perhaps an 02 sensor clip came off.

0TransAm0
12-11-2005, 11:52 AM
i didn't spay anything on the maf just brought it inside to dry out then put it back on..what could i use to clean it?? brake cleaner? i will check the 02 clips thanks for the sujestions..im willing to try anything now..

Prince Valiant
12-11-2005, 12:03 PM
I would think an electric parts cleaner would work best...no residue to deal with.

number1
12-11-2005, 12:32 PM
Electric contact cleaner is best. The MAF could have gotten messed up because of the snow. Borrow a stock one from someone and try that, if that doesn't fix it, look into other things.

0TransAm0
12-11-2005, 12:41 PM
ok i doing the live data with my diablo sport tuner and it said that my bank 1 02 sensor was at 1104 or something like that i know it was in the 1100's tho and the others were in the 300's so will a bad 02 sensor cause the misfire codes??

Yooformula
12-11-2005, 12:45 PM
I just happen to have a brand new one here that I am sellling for $50! Bosch sensor too!

0TransAm0
12-11-2005, 12:51 PM
doe sthis mean that mines bad? and will it cause the misfire code??

Yooformula
12-11-2005, 12:58 PM
I am not sure but if you need a new one, its in stock ;) You could try taking yours out, cleaning it off a bit maybe some water that did get ingested just foulded a plug or foulded the 02 sensor. Did you try leaving your battery unplugged for a bit to reset? Try that out and clean your maf.

0TransAm0
12-11-2005, 01:11 PM
i reset it with the handheld tuner i got ran it around the block and had the same problems.. im just wondering if a bad 02 can set off the multi/random misfire code or not??

0TransAm0
12-11-2005, 05:45 PM
WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO :banana1: :banana1: :banana1: :banana1: :thumbsup :thumbsup :banana1: :banana1: :banana1: :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

replaced the driver side 02 sensor and all is well..

THANK YOU ALL for you help and ideas.. :banana :banana

0TransAm0
12-28-2005, 12:32 PM
when i thought all was well it comes back... same thing random cyl/misfire...
check it with diablo tuner and all seems ok fuel trims are good 02 sensors are working good....

i think i got some water in the fuel lines as i only had about 1/8 of a tank so i go to speedway and by some STP water remover stuff and put the bottle in and then fill up..runs like **** for a bit make it home reset the computer go for a ride all seems good so far runs fine now..but my fuel pump is really loud so loud you can hear it whineing in the car when its running.. i hope this fixes it this time and i hope after a 1/2 tank i fill up again the fuel pump stops makeing noise..

any body got any concerns i should have??
can the moisture in the gas from the weather and only haveing 1/8th of a tank cause the misfire on random cylenders??

wikked
12-28-2005, 02:26 PM
any body got any concerns i should have??
can the moisture in the gas from the weather and only haveing 1/8th of a tank cause the misfire on random cylenders??

I know a dead o2 can definitely cause a random misfire code, but you already took care of that.
I don't think being low on gas will throw a code.
Last week I ran my tank completely dry until it just shut off.
Did you ever get to check the coils?

0TransAm0
12-29-2005, 06:05 AM
never checked the coils.. but it all seems to be running fine and dandy now still hasnt thrown another code and i put on about 75 miles nast night..and after it sat all night the fuel pump no longer makes the noise it was making....

for future referance how do you check the coils?? i know thier is a little metal tab that sticks out of them is thier some type of meter i can use to check the voltae or something?