PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Places

Scales
12-08-2005, 07:01 PM
So I'm lookin for a new pizza place to try. What are some of your favorites? I live in West Allis, but if it's worth it, I don't mind driving... Hell, I've already made a trip to Ill. just for pizza.. :thumbsup

BLUTO
12-08-2005, 07:23 PM
ANN'S next to HOLZ on hwy100 :headbang
ORGAN PIPER on hwy100,,,if you can take the noise & rugrats :punch:
UNO'S on Bluemound
ROSATTI's ON HWY 100
THE CELLAR ON Oakwood IN OAK CREEK

I love pizza :banana

wikked
12-08-2005, 07:26 PM
Hey it's my area of expertise :banana1:

Hands down, best pizza I've ever had is a little tiny shack called Hup's Pizza on 54th & Hampton.
Rates a 9.6 out of 10 on CitySearch for Milwaukee area.

Other than that... Pizza Villa in the Dells is really effin good.

Pizza Man on the eastside, along with Pizza Shuttle of course.

Brookfield area, gotta go with Marty's... best sausage I've ever had on a pizza, I actually -want- to order it with sausage it's so good.

Best frozen pizza is Connie's by a longshot.

Let the arguing begin :D

Max 93
12-08-2005, 07:40 PM
DeRango's in Caledonia was good last time I was out there.....But you might get lost on the way home.

Jsho13
12-08-2005, 07:40 PM
Pizza Shuttle on Farwell

383Firebird
12-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Ricardo's in Greendale, BEST pizza I have ever had. And I've eaten and almost all the aboved named places.

Anakonda69
12-08-2005, 08:03 PM
ann rocks and a new place on 76th and grange across from southridge called ray's pizza...they serve chicago style...it's good as hell

Yooformula
12-08-2005, 08:11 PM
what kind of pizza do you like? I grew up on NY style pizza from NY and the closest thing I have found in this state is Crossroads pizza in new berlin. Order it pie cut, house crust with well done cheese/crust and that is damm close to a NY style pizza. If you head out to Minn, Cossetta makes DAMM good pizza!!!

USMARINE1108
12-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Anne's is good, but Rocky Rococo is the best.

nitrorocket
12-08-2005, 08:17 PM
First choice for best pizza is Zaffiro's Pizza & Pub, 1724 N. Farwell on the eastside. It is awesome.

loud91rs
12-08-2005, 08:26 PM
you have to try pepinos in the falls, and de marinis which is also in the falls. VERY good pizza. Mineshaft in hartford is also killer. there are specials at mineshaft and pepinos on certain days where it's 12 for a large pizza and a pitcher :thumbsup

Anakonda69
12-08-2005, 08:27 PM
i know on thrusdays i believe the lodge on water has free pizza with every pitchers purchased....the pizza is ok

wikked
12-08-2005, 08:42 PM
you have to try pepinos in the falls, and de marinis which is also in the falls. VERY good pizza. Mineshaft in hartford is also killer. there are specials at mineshaft and pepinos on certain days where it's 12 for a large pizza and a pitcher :thumbsup

Yeaaa forgot aboot Pepino's... generous with the toppings they are :drool:

97z2801ss
12-08-2005, 08:42 PM
You gotta try toppers, i think its on capitol... Topper stick with that...

Pizza shuttle, Organ Pipers. demarinis, Taninos..in stallis

Syclone0044
12-08-2005, 08:47 PM
Man I thought for sure everyone was going to say Balestreri's.. http://s95370645.onlinehome.us/images/misc/dunno.gif

So, (not to ruin the surprise,) but my vote goes to Balestreri's Italian Restaurant on Bluemound right near the State Fair Park. It is hands down the best pizza I've ever had. Every time I go there, they are extremely busy and on the weekend prime time you may need to wait outside to get in (it's that good). It's like a thin crust, made from scratch, high quality ingredient pizza. They have awards all over their walls and were voted Best Pizza in Milwaukee by the Journal/Sentinel a few times. I took a date (or two :devil) there and I've always hit a home run; they were wondering what a worldly guy I was and how did I find this great little Italian restaurant :D

Second choice is Rocky Rococo's, can't get enough of that. Dirt cheap, great tasting pizza that's gonna fill you up no doubt. Best "fast food" pizza place I know. Some of them you don't have a "tray" and you get silverware and just leave it at the table (but not all). :thumbsup Try the Nacho Breadsticks if you like Nacho cheese. It sounds, and looks weird, but the taste is a killer combo.

Anakonda69
12-08-2005, 08:49 PM
barbiere's has good pizza too,...its on 60th and bluemound....i bowl with the onwer and he brings free pizza all the time....good ass garlic bread.....is that toppers open now? by home depot....i need to go pick up some cheese sticks...mmmmmmm

Heat Seeker WS6
12-08-2005, 09:05 PM
Barbiere's on Bluemound and Pizza Man on North Ave are my top 2.... and you can get Coldstone ice cream for dessert!

Slow Joe
12-08-2005, 09:43 PM
Balistreris is the ****... And no I'm not just saying that b/c my cousin owns it... :goof LOL... Zaffiros is good too... Our lot attendant Joe at work... His father owned it til he died then passed it to him and his brother who either sold or are selling it... Good food.... So I too vote for both of those, but I think the Balistreris on State street (I believe, I'd have to ask my grandma) has the better pizza... The one on bluemound is supposed to be more "upscale"... Steaks and ****...

EDIT: I also forgot Mancinos here in teh Falls (On Q behind Culvers...) MMMMM GOOD PIZZA.... They have some weird ones there like the BLT Pizza... Good stuff...

SLONOMA
12-08-2005, 09:47 PM
I like Pizza Man on North and Oakland. Place makes some good sh*t!

fly5150
12-08-2005, 10:55 PM
Mmmmmm... Pizza Man.....
:)

theavenger333
12-08-2005, 11:21 PM
Tomasos in Cedarburg, Lisas on Oakland (the eastside) it depends on what style of pizza u like. those two above are thin crust goodies....

Al
12-08-2005, 11:52 PM
Tomasos in Cedarburg,

I'll second Tomasos. There is also one in Mequon.

Speaking of Mequon, try LEONARDO's. They have NYC style pizza and do an excellent job. Plus, I work there, delivering pizzas

Leo's is just south of Mequon Road on Port Washington Rd and is across from the Mequon Pavilion.

Prince Valiant
12-09-2005, 12:01 AM
try LEONARDO's. They have NYC style pizza and do an excellent job.
Lenny's (as we call it) is far and away my favorite in this area...I grew up on NYC pizza's. That's all there was in FL as all the new yorkers retire to FL.

One that I always thought was overrated was edwardo's...but I went there recently and it really is VERY good pizza.

theavenger333
12-09-2005, 12:05 AM
tomasos in mequon or west bend is NOT the same as Cedarburg............ just an FYI

HITMAN
12-09-2005, 03:22 AM
Anne's in Hales Corners, next to Holz
Ingrilli's on Rawson in Franklin, about 3200 west
Marco's, 111e Forest Hill in Oak Creek
Napoli Pizza, 7th and Layton
Ballestreri Bros. Hales Corners, Hwy100 and Grange
DiStefano's, 46th and Forest Home
Scotty's on Clement and Howard
Filippo's on 69th and Lincoln
Ned's on 27th, between Morgan and Oklahoma
Ricardo's in Greendale

Pizza Man and Balistreri's on 68th are overrated, in my opinion, but Pizza Man has a terrific atmosphere and a wine list second to none.
I can't say about other Demarini's, but the Denoon Saloon(Demarini's owned) serves $hit, plain and simple.

Scales
12-09-2005, 06:33 AM
WOW!! This gave me a lot more options then I thought! Personally I like any style of za. Thin, thick, pan, whatever. As long as the sauce and the toppings are good, I'm a happy camper. So far, I've been to most of the places on the list around me, but I'm definitly gonna have to try some of the others I've never even heard of. Allthough I haven't been to Organ Piper since I was a youngster, I think I may have to try it again since it got quite a few votes. Keep up the good research guys!!! :thumbsup

jbiscuit
12-09-2005, 07:50 AM
DiCarlos on Howell south of Rawson.....hands down. Order the "thick crust" No grease. Excellent toppings. A large pizza with some fixins will be about $14

Silver03SRT
12-09-2005, 09:40 AM
Marty's pizza in brookfield or mama mia's on 86th and greenfield

Neal Steffek
12-09-2005, 10:15 AM
I have lived in StAllis for 30 years, I am fat and love pizza. I have had pizza from all over Milwaukee, Waukesha and the Dells (where I lived for 2 years). The best by far...

Filippo's on 69th and Lincoln

enjoy. :)

indyzmike
12-09-2005, 10:18 AM
I would have to vote for Flippo's on Lincoln and Marco's, on Pilgrim and Q(county line), north of Harley in the falls. Every so often, a Rocky's is good too.

And a moment of silence for the former Ingrilli's on 92nd and Beloit, and another one for Artiste, 92nd and Beloit. Artiste had a great steak pizza, chunks of steak smothered in melted butter and cheese. Tasted great after bar close.

Neal Steffek
12-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Oh, just thought I would add. If you are looking for the best bar pizza, Stacys on 67th and Beloit. He makes it all fresh right in front of you. So greasy, and so damn good. (this is 1/2 the reason I am fat) :thumbsup

HITMAN
12-09-2005, 10:22 AM
DiCarlos on Howell south of Rawson.....hands down. Order the "thick crust" No grease. Excellent toppings. A large pizza with some fixins will be about $14

Trattoria DiCarlo's stuffed crust is VERY good. I've never had their thick crust or "pan" style, but I have had their thin crust on a couple of occasions and I didn't care too much for the taste of the crust. It reminds me of a saltine cracker. I must agree with you on the flavor of the toppings, though. Excellent! :)

Pizza aside, DiCarlo's is one of my all-time favorite Italian restaurants. Big menu, awesome food, and reasonable prices bring me in from Waterford all the time.

DiCarlo's = :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :banana1:

jbiscuit
12-09-2005, 10:24 AM
I will agree on the pasta from DiCarlos also...the GF took me there a few months ago. FANTASTIC pasta!

HITMAN
12-09-2005, 10:27 AM
And a moment of silence for the former Ingrilli's on 92nd and Beloit,

Oh man, I loved that place... :crying
Great 'za and cheap prices. However, the Ingrilli's I mentioned on Rawson is owned by the same family. The prices aren't as reasonable, but the quality and taste are actually better. As an appetizer, try the Mozzarella Marinara. Best I've had, EVER. :headbang

HITMAN
12-09-2005, 10:29 AM
Oh, just thought I would add. If you are looking for the best bar pizza, Stacys on 67th and Beloit. He makes it all fresh right in front of you. So greasy, and so damn good. (this is 1/2 the reason I am fat) :thumbsup

Hmmm, methinks I'm gonna have to try this place, soon.
(Always trust the opinion of a fellow fat guy.) :thumbsup

PonyKiller87
12-09-2005, 10:29 AM
Crossroads is awesome, love the BBQ chicken pizza.

Dino's on Howell & Morgan ish is still my fav though, I love the crispy thin crust and the perfect garlic bread thats like eating a little grease boat. lol :drool:

Silver350
12-09-2005, 10:34 AM
My Three Favorites are.

Rozzati's
Fillipo's
Sofia's

Nix
12-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Hasnt anyone ever herd of Chucks Place in Theinsville? I highly recommend it.

Scales
12-09-2005, 10:43 AM

I knew that place was good for cheap beer and shots, but they make za too??? :headbang

Scales
12-09-2005, 10:46 AM
I haven't been there nor have a heard a comment about it... Probably a pretty good reason it was not mentioned, but I drive past it all the time so I have to ask. How is Capri on 84th and Beloit???

Neal Steffek
12-09-2005, 01:03 PM
I knew that place was good for cheap beer and shots, but they make za too??? :headbang

Heck yea!!! I have been drinking there for about 8 years or so, and the Pizza is by far the best bar pizza around. Try it and let us know what you think.

Karps TA
12-09-2005, 02:49 PM
If you like thin crust Maria's Pizza on like 50th and Forest Home is really good. So thin you could easily pound down a whole pizza yourself.

DiMarinis is good too.

0TransAm0
12-09-2005, 02:58 PM
DeRango's in Caledonia was good last time I was out there.....But you might get lost on the way home
agreed but i dont get lost i live right down the road... :thumbsup

BlownMe
12-09-2005, 03:48 PM

NO DOUBT!! DiCarlos pizza (and food in general) is phenominal!! They give you huge portions and the pizza is the best. If im in the mood for pizza, thats where I go. It also helps that I work right up the street from there.

97z2801ss
12-09-2005, 08:08 PM
shakeys in stallis is pretty good

nismodave
12-09-2005, 08:41 PM
There is a pizza place in Grand Rapids, Michigan called Freds Pizza.

It is by far the best pizza I have ever eaten in my life.

The best pizza localy is and Pappa Murphys take and bake.

Scales
12-10-2005, 08:02 AM
agreed but i dont get lost i live right down the road... :thumbsup
Max 93 was tryin to rip on me cuz I did get lost on the way home from his place...

PureSound15
12-13-2005, 12:02 AM
I worked at crossroads in New Berlin for over a year tossing pizza over my head night after night... still not sick of the food :thumbsup .

It's even better when you get to make it yourself and put as much of whatever you want on it. Definatley don't miss smellin like pizza 24/7

BadAzzGTA89
12-13-2005, 10:53 AM
Hey it's my area of expertise :banana1:

Hands down, best pizza I've ever had is a little tiny shack called Hup's Pizza on 54th & Hampton.
Rates a 9.6 out of 10 on CitySearch for Milwaukee area.

I agree 100% best pie i ever scarfed down :thumbsup

Crawlin
12-13-2005, 11:11 AM
And a moment of silence for the former Ingrilli's on 92nd and Beloit, and another one for Artiste, 92nd and Beloit. Artiste had a great steak pizza, chunks of steak smothered in melted butter and cheese. Tasted great after bar close.

Catarina's...

Tony Ingrilli who owned it passed it along to his son, Tony Jr.... Who is a girl friend of mine brother-in-law. I'm in that place quite often since it's right up the street from my work. Veal Catarina is SOOO GOOD.

Anyways, back to pizza.... Edwardo's I love, Topper's was always good up in Eau Claire. Guiseppi's ended up being not so good the last time. One of my favorite pizza's of all time was the Buffalo Chicken pizza from Pizza hut. wasn't that it was delicious, just was good fast, easy to find pizza.

murdoc158
12-20-2005, 06:10 PM
Crossroads on 164 in Big Bend is great
Marty's on Bluemound in Brookfield is really good
Antonio's on Marquette Ave. in South Milwaukee is the absolute best.

Just my 0.02

PB86MCSS
12-20-2005, 09:03 PM
Agree with CrawlinZ....Toppers and Edwardos. Toppers cheesestix are the best thing, at least the best drunk food by far :D.

Uno's is pretty good too.

Neal Steffek
12-20-2005, 09:42 PM
Toppers cheesestix are the best thing, at least the best drunk food by far

Funny, I remember that being the same about 13 years ago in Whitewater :rolf

PB86MCSS
12-21-2005, 08:07 PM
I've had it while being drunk in a few college towns, Stevens Point, Whitewater, Madison....really wish there was one in Milwaukee :(. Might lose its charm but not its delicious taste :D.

d0nut
12-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Maria's on FH has to be #1 ( 7th & GF was better but long gone...)

Caradaro Club on 70th & GF is about as good as it gets in WA. Free delivery too!

Yooformula
01-08-2006, 05:11 PM
I'll second Tomasos. There is also one in Mequon.

Speaking of Mequon, try LEONARDO's. They have NYC style pizza and do an excellent job. Plus, I work there, delivering pizzas

Leo's is just south of Mequon Road on Port Washington Rd and is across from the Mequon Pavilion.

This thread came in handy. I tried this place and WOW! The pizza was friggin awsum!! :headbang :wooo :banana1: :banana1:

PB86MCSS
01-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Speaking of Toppers, they just opened one off of Capitol a minute west of 45 in Brookfield/Wauwatosa :D. Opened 12/31 I believe....apparently one is coming soon to StAllis and near UWM....finally.

V3rtigo
01-08-2006, 09:56 PM
i like edwardos on hwy100 and i think bluemound
and Mr. Ds (Dstwo) on national past hwy100 going west but before 124th in strip mall that has margarita paradise in it