PDA

View Full Version : Finaly Got My Truck Back

PonyKiller87
12-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Well its been about about 3 months or so now since my tranny went out, and I finaly took it in to get fixed and picked it up last night. Great Lakes Transmission did the work, so far everything seems pretty good and I got a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty.

The guy said that the clutch bands were completely gone. They rebuilt it with all the High Engergy bands and a corvette servo. They had me unprogram the hypertech stuff before they worked on it because they though it would be too much with the corvette servo and new bands. So far I think it shifts a little weak compared to before so Im thinking that eventualy I will redo the hypertech stuff.

After driving my gf car for the last 3 months it was great getting behind the wheel of something that has some nuts. And it seems even louder than I remembered :headbang

Now I just have to take it to the track and see if it can do better than a 16.8 now that the tranny isnt slipping.

84hurst
12-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Make sure you do a neutral drop before you launch it, and get the most out of your warranty! :thumbsup