PDA

View Full Version : Jetta Roll Over...

Slow Joe
12-05-2005, 02:47 PM
Alright, this is a strange one, or at least I think... I guess those VWs are solid cars... Aparently on Saturday the woman driving this car rolled it over in the snow.. The only damage is a crack in the front bumper, some damage to the passengers side rocker pannel, a tire and wheel and one of the front bumper peices missing. Which I think is AMAZING... I just had to post this... The woman kept driving the car til today when she brought it in and spoke with the guy she bought it from asking where the body shop was... Wow... I can't even think of what would of happened if I would of rolled my Car... or my truck for that matter...

Edit: Oh and that isn't the greatest picture, but if you look you can see the damage... NO Damage on the drivers side at all... That side even still had hub caps..

jbiscuit
12-05-2005, 03:07 PM
Ummmmmm....how can that be possible that there is minimal damage as you stated? No broken windshield, no broken mirrors??? I don't know if I believe that

Slow Joe
12-05-2005, 03:22 PM
All I know is that's what the lady told all of us... And she showed us the copy of what the receipt the tow company gave her.. Which had a description of what happened. I wish I would of made a copy of that... I thought it was insane that it would of happened like that... From the damage it looks more like she might of nailed a curb... Or ended up in a ditch... I just had to post it...

loud91rs
12-05-2005, 04:03 PM
I don't know man I think i'm gonna have to raise the :bsflag It just doesn't seem like it could happen.

Slow Joe
12-05-2005, 04:23 PM
I don't know man I think i'm gonna have to raise the :bsflag It just doesn't seem like it could happen.

You know something, I'm extremely sceptical on it also, but hey it's what the lady said... LOL she prolly nailed a curb and wanted to sound cool.... I mean **** she spoke broken english anyways... LOL... The part that I found weird was that there weren't any scratches on it... I mean WTF I'd expect scratches and dents... I remember when my dad's exwife rolled over our conversion van... That ****er crumpled like no other...

loud91rs
12-05-2005, 04:32 PM
She must have "rolled over" a curb. Oh well damn jettas.

BLUTO
12-05-2005, 05:13 PM
Snow is fairly soft :bsflag

Slow Joe
12-05-2005, 06:02 PM
LOL... I just got a kick out of the whole thing... I mean ****, I'll even raise the BS flag at the pic I posted... Wait... I can't find it... blah... lol

Cryptic
12-05-2005, 11:34 PM
I like my brothers 04 Jetta TDI :thumbsup

Slow Joe
12-06-2005, 12:07 AM
Yup those cars are awesome and run forever... I actually wanted a TDi but can't talk myself into buying one... And if the lady wasn't lieing are built like tanks... lol... But I still think curb...

Flight_740
12-06-2005, 10:01 AM
The antena on the roof even made it.

Slow Joe
12-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Well, obviously it saw what was happening and the fixed antenna retracted... LOL It's the super car... :thumbsup :rolf :rolf :durr

d0nut
12-06-2005, 02:15 PM
The rollover sensing retractable anttena wasn't indroduced until late in 2004.......

I have seen a lot of articles lately about VW having money problems and this supposedly being related to quality issues/sales? Has anyone ever met a VW owner or ex owner with quality problems?? The few people I know that own one swear by them......

Sean

Well, obviously it saw what was happening and the fixed antenna retracted... LOL It's the super car... :thumbsup :rolf :rolf :durr

Flight_740
12-06-2005, 02:37 PM
I know you barely ever see them without an SES light on. :stare

d0nut
12-06-2005, 03:36 PM
I thought that was just to give the interior a sexy glow?

GTSLOW
12-06-2005, 04:56 PM
The rollover sensing retractable anttena wasn't indroduced until late in 2004.......

:rolf

Was she drunk or sumthing?

Jeff
12-06-2005, 05:44 PM
Geez :wow

Slow Joe
12-06-2005, 06:18 PM
LOL... Ehhh idk, I hear bad things about VWs, but I also see ones commin in with 200k and minimal problems around here... so it's one of those things... I've talked to our service guys about 'em and if you don't take care of them don't expect them to last, but it's like that with any car... I know they had a few bad years with electrical and such, but I don't hear of many cars that have serious engine or transmission problems, most seem solid... And on the SES light thing... Since I've worked here (1.5 years) I've only seen one car traded in with the SES light on... So... Yeah... idk... The way I look at is that if you don't take care of it, it won't take care of you... :thumbsup

Oh and on the was she drunk thing... lol... To believe it rolled, she had to of been more than drunk... lol :rolf :rolf

EDIT: I believe that car's a late 2004 model or a 2005 Old Body Style... Therefore it would have the automatic retracting antenna... LOL :goof

GrimreaperSS
12-06-2005, 09:46 PM
The SES light is a standard feature when you buy a VW. I see oil psi problems, water pump problems (especially 1.8t), loads of electrical, they had that igntion coil recall a year or two ago. Tuaregs with transmission and transfer case problems. Phaeton with transmission problems. Cam adjuster seals leak alot. You'll be lucky if your tires make it past 20K on a Tuareg, and Pirellis arent exactly cheap. Beetle convertible's with lots of top issues.
TDI's have a huge problem with the intake manifolds clogging with carbon.
The I.D, of the manifold goes from about 2 3/4" to 1/2" with the amount that builds up. Evap. Leak detection pumps regularly are bad (wonderful bosch design) even the new parts are bad. I saw a tech put 8 in a Beetle convertible before it fixed it. Have seen many Cylinder head jobs recently, mostly due to the waterpump problems or they decided they wouldnt spend the money for a timing belt til it broke. Seen that more than once! Seen a few times the pressure plate come out of GTI's and Beetle Turbo S, in 3 pieces. I know there's lots more, just cant think of anything else right now.

Slow Joe
12-07-2005, 10:48 AM
Hrmmm wow, the things you don't know unless you work on 'em... And from what I've heard the Touareg/Cayanne tire eating problem isn't that bad if you're a little harder on 'em... My dad's Cayanne has 23k on it and still has good STOCK tires... The guys at IA told him it's becasue he drives it a little harder...

I know about the electrical problems... Good old bosch electronics, but I didn't know about the rest of those problems... Supposedly the 1.8T was the best gas engine VW made... scarry thought if all of the above is true...

Flight_740
12-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Anybody ever heard of a stretched timing chain in a VR6? I had one blow up and thats what I was told the cause was.

Waver
12-07-2005, 11:12 AM
I believe it...I had a friend roll his 89 civic hatch on to its side into a snow bank, and nothing was damaged....we just pushed it back over on all 4 tires and went on our way......

Slow Joe
12-07-2005, 12:09 PM
Anybody ever heard of a stretched timing chain in a VR6? I had one blow up and thats what I was told the cause was.

Depends on the mileage, but I'd believe it... It's probably a Zero Clearance Motor...

Al
12-08-2005, 12:25 AM

That is what mine used to do all the time.

My brother ran my 99.5 into a focus at about 45. After the accident, the doors still closed w/o a problem.