PDA

View Full Version : Just Noodles or ???

pOrk
12-04-2005, 12:56 PM
That Noodle joint across the screet from Krispy Kreme in that strip mall with the Game store, Nextel, ColdStone, anyone ever eat there? I see it is closed down already, whats the scoop on that? I stopped in there today for lunch ( or tried to ) and it said they were closed for good, check out one of their other locations? Hrmm

Prince Valiant
12-04-2005, 01:19 PM
I've had it...basically just like noodles&co. Same prices and everything. I had the stroganoff, and didn't find it to be as good as noodles&co. It's worth checking out...there is one on moorland and bluemound.

Too many noodles resturaunts though...my brother and I were going to start a resturaunt called "can't get enough NOODLES" if "nothing but NOODLES" turns out to be a sucess while competing with the sucessfull "NOODLES&co."

That seems to be the trend...leach off other sucessfull companies by naming yourself similarly. On the marquette campus, there is a reasturaunt emulating "CHIPOTLE" with a "blah blah CHIPOTLE" name...it seems to have been blocked though.

Nix
12-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Yeah it actually been closed for some time. I see those noodle stores kinda like starbucks now, they are everywhere same as walgreens. I guess that one just didnt make it. Drive a mile or 2 down the road and Iam sure you will run into another one. :goof

I would have to say they are pretty decent for noodles, Ive never been there but the wife has brought some home beofre and Ive tried them, pretty decent.

pOrk
12-04-2005, 01:33 PM
I like Noodles and Co. but for the cost of a dish there, you can eat the same at home for a week.

Cold Stone is another Starbucks if you ask me, but that **** is DELICIOUS

wikked
12-04-2005, 03:00 PM
Noodles&Co. was the best back in the day before they changed their chicken & beef to whatever the fock it is now...
It used to be real beef & chicken, the stuff now is still good, but meh.
And yea, $7.25 for some noodles/chicken/mushrooms is pricey shìt. Could almost eat at a real restraunt for that price.

Silver03SRT
12-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Its good food but ya expensive for what you get. Anyone can open a resteraunt but if you want it to be a sucess you have to put lots of time and money into it. You can buy a coldstone resteraunt for like 25 thousand or something.

Cryptic
12-04-2005, 07:11 PM
noodle and coffee shops, they gotta have the largest profit margin of any other company out there.

Prince Valiant
12-04-2005, 08:52 PM
noodle and coffee shops, they gotta have the largest profit margin of any other company out there.
Andy! That's it! Our billion dollar idea! "Noodles&Coffe" (pattent pending)

Waver
12-07-2005, 10:29 AM
there is one off of port washington rd, just north of silver spring...good food there, however noodles and co is better.....did some advertising for nothing but....I wounder if people got their 30 bucks worth off of that card?

jbiscuit
12-07-2005, 10:39 AM
Great idea Valiant....its similar to my future successful business that I am opening that goes by the name: "Joe & Noodles" ™

Syclone0044
12-07-2005, 11:08 AM
Agreed. My first (and last) experience with Noodles was when I got a large bowl of chicken noodle soup for dinner. It was 5 bucks. The bowl was approximately 60% full and almost identical in size to what Subway was charging $1.25 for on Capitol Dr. in Pewaukee. It didn't even come close to satisfying my appetite. I would have had to spend 15 dollars in soups to be full.

Coldstone, they are expensive in the manner of Starbucks, but man that stuff is top notch. Don't be decieved by their sizes, when me and Heidi go there we always order the smallest size (whatever stupid name they have for it) and split it and just barely finish it.

Cryptic
12-07-2005, 11:54 AM
Yeah Cold Stone's ice cream hits your stomach like a brick and its good as hell. Pricey though. Splitting a small is what I do too.

Nix
12-07-2005, 12:14 PM
I seriously must be a loser cause Ive never herd of this coldstone place? Locations? What do they sell, just icecream? Iam outta the friggin loop. :rolleyes:

ProjectCamaro
12-07-2005, 12:41 PM
I seriously must be a loser cause Ive never herd of this coldstone place? Locations? What do they sell, just icecream? Iam outta the friggin loop. :rolleyes:

Cold Stone is awesome. I run the Panera Bread here in Kenosha and there's a Cold Stone right next to us. The owner's a great guy so I always give him free food and he gives me free ice cream. Heads up though, they do cost a lot. You can get a fast food meal with money left over for what you'll pay for a small thing of ice cream at cold stone.

Nix
12-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Are there any of the coldstones in the Waukesha/Hwy100 area that anyones knows of?

Syclone0044
12-07-2005, 12:59 PM
Yes, on HWY 100
across the screet from Krispy Kreme in that strip mall with the Game store, Nextel, ColdStone :D :goof

I also think they just put one in on Mayfair mall on HWY 100, but haven't personally verified that.

Prince Valiant
12-07-2005, 01:13 PM
One thing I will say for just noodles is that they seem to have a wider variety of items...so if your taste is even more ecletic than what noodles&co can satisfy, then you might find something you like at just noodles...

Rocket Power
12-07-2005, 07:25 PM
You guys are too highbrow for me. :rolf

Heat Seeker WS6
12-07-2005, 07:29 PM
I get the large size at Coldstone and dive right in. Granted I dont need to eat the next day, but still...yummy stuff!

Prince Valiant
12-07-2005, 07:30 PM
You guys are too highbrow for me. :rolf What? Ramen Noodles is more your bag? Or do you just freeze milk and add syrup? :goof

nitrous
12-07-2005, 08:24 PM
Cold Stone is awesome. I run the Panera Bread here in Kenosha and there's a Cold Stone right next to us.

Ah, so that's your Camaro I always used to see parked back there when I would go to Cold Stone in Kenosha. :thumbsup They just opened up one in Racine.

The owner's a great guy so I always give him free food and he gives me free ice cream.

Care to work out some kind of deal? :shades :drool:

Rocket Power
12-07-2005, 11:44 PM
What? Ramen Noodles is more your bag?
As a matter of fact....... :rolf