PDA

View Full Version : Any parents here...I need some help.

Yooformula
12-03-2005, 11:00 AM
My 5yr old daughter came home from kindergarten to tell me that a little girl in her class said "it feels like someone is kissing my privates"while she sat spreadeagle on the floor pointing to her ummm....ahem. She has also said in the past that her dad is a lazy fool and that her mom and boyfriend kiss alot.

I found out later friday but on monday I plan on raising hell at the school but should I, would you, call the cops to report something like this? If not who should I call? I am worried something bad maybe happening to this kid and I dont want my kid seeing or hearing this sh|t.

I already schooled the teacher for calling my kid a tattle tale when she reported some boy in the girl's room poooing on the floor. I think shes scared of me now and just ignores obvious stuff.

Need a level headed approach here, what to do???

Crawlin
12-03-2005, 11:13 AM
i'm not a parent, so don't take my advice...

but sure as **** i'd let SOMEONE know about it. that's one of those things that you just can't ignore. a VERY early sign of abuse. i mean how the hell would someone that young know that phrase. i'm afraid to know.

bypass teacher, and talk to guidance counselor or principal. you will probably be able to get ahold of the guidance counselor faster/quicker though. i'd leave the cops out of it and just let the school know. cause that guidance counselor may be able to get info out of the little girl better than a scary police officer

Cryptic
12-03-2005, 11:24 AM
A little girl shouldnt even be able to phrase that sentense together. I say take a calm approach and notify the school. Put it in their park. So there is at least a record if something again happens in future.

Rocket Power
12-03-2005, 11:34 AM
I would agree with getting a hold of the counselor or principal.

I have a 5 year old myself. It sure seems like raising kids these days is harder than it was for my parents when I was that age. They had to have a assembly at my daughters school because some pervert was asking a kid if he wanted to watch the tv in his car, right on Greenfield Ave. :fire

Lash
12-03-2005, 11:53 AM
Agree with every post in this thread so far.

95 TA - The Beast
12-03-2005, 12:23 PM
As a parent with kids in school it is OBVIOUS you have to go to school, not on the phone, and talk to the principal in person.

I would not only mention this most recent incident, even tho it is, in and of itself, a major issue, but also the previous incident that you brought up to the teacher and I would demand to have a conference with this teacher along with the principal to discuss what is going on, the teachers proper or improper methodology to dealing with these issues and the schools 'official' stance on dealing with them as well...

I am certain the principal will be more than willing to take the proper action, and they WILL take it quite seriously.

The previous discussion you had with this teacher was WAYYYY out of line, and for any teacher to tell ANY student to not be a 'tattle-tale' is absurd, and I would be very concerned for my child to be around such an individual on a daily basis as an 'authoritative role-model'...

Dennis

pOrk
12-04-2005, 01:56 AM
As a parent with kids in school it is OBVIOUS you have to go to school, not on the phone, and talk to the principal in person.

I would not only mention this most recent incident, even tho it is, in and of itself, a major issue, but also the previous incident that you brought up to the teacher and I would demand to have a conference with this teacher along with the principal to discuss what is going on, the teachers proper or improper methodology to dealing with these issues and the schools 'official' stance on dealing with them as well...

I am certain the principal will be more than willing to take the proper action, and they WILL take it quite seriously.

The previous discussion you had with this teacher was WAYYYY out of line, and for any teacher to tell ANY student to not be a 'tattle-tale' is absurd, and I would be very concerned for my child to be around such an individual on a daily basis as an 'authoritative role-model'...

Dennis

EACTLY as this man said. I am not a parent, but if my niece said ANYTHING like that AT ALL, I would be at the school in a heart beat shooting questions at the principle / counselor / teacher.

It's scarey to think what has happened after oen of your own says something like that at such a young age. Dont even mess with the schools LAME phone system, you will be on hold for ages and get no where. Show up Monday with ALOT of questions, and if you are pushed away I would contact someone at the administrative offices right away

My wishes

SSmike1
12-04-2005, 08:41 AM
GREAT POINTS HERE Dennis.

the teacher is the first person that sees and hears what is going on.
the principal can not see & hear everyhting.

My Point, is you are correct,
no kid should be called a tattle tale by a teacher.
IF i were the teacher, ( you need to put yourself in the teachers place),
i would want the Kids to be GOOD, and TRYING to be good.
AND that is exactly what a kid is trying to do when INFORMING the teacher of things going on!!!!!!!
NOW, as a MATURE adult teacher, you Sift through the erronious information and ENCOURAGE, ( not discourage) FURTHER information from the kids! AND thank them for letting you know.
then MOVE ON! if it was something irrelavant,
and DO SOMETHING if it was important!

How simple is that for Commen Sense?

:wow

as far as the kid saying someone is kissing me here = BIG RED FLAG!
enough said about that! = its Tottaly wrong. Take action!

Dennis

Yooformula
12-04-2005, 11:32 AM
This teacher has a totem pole for good kids and if they do good they get green points, when they do bad they get yellow points, if they dont change then they get red points. Now, my daughter had green points the entire time but got yellows because she was "tattle tailing" about some kid that was pushing other kids around, so now my kid is scared to say anything for fear that she might get bounced off the totem pole. This is what initially set me off during the parent conferences BUT I cant control what happens when I am not there. As it is, my wife helps out once a week as a teacher assitant and classmom buit she cant be there all the time either. Other moms have said the same thing about the bogus totem pole. I thought for sure after we spoke that it wouldnt be an issue but Gia is still scared, hence the reason why she waited tso long to tell us about what the kid was saying/doing.

indyzmike
12-04-2005, 11:51 AM
I agree with what has been said, except the part about having a meeting with the teacher. the principal and councelor will be able to handle the teacher. Crap rolls down hill. Mike

pOrk
12-04-2005, 12:53 PM
This teacher has a totem pole for good kids and if they do good they get green points, when they do bad they get yellow points, if they dont change then they get red points. Now, my daughter had green points the entire time but got yellows because she was "tattle tailing" about some kid that was pushing other kids around, so now my kid is scared to say anything for fear that she might get bounced off the totem pole. This is what initially set me off during the parent conferences BUT I cant control what happens when I am not there. As it is, my wife helps out once a week as a teacher assitant and classmom buit she cant be there all the time either. Other moms have said the same thing about the bogus totem pole. I thought for sure after we spoke that it wouldnt be an issue but Gia is still scared, hence the reason why she waited tso long to tell us about what the kid was saying/doing.

See, to me that is more then just unacceptable. The totem pole doesn't sound like a good idea to begin with, but when your daughter is pointing out a bully and the teacher gives her BAD points, what the **** is that? I thought thats why they created the Bully project? If I was you, I'd make this thing get ugly and contact Fox 6 news or whichever channel was sponsering the Bully Project. They would LOVE to hound the living hell out of this teacher adn his/her superiors to get answers.

SlowStee
12-04-2005, 06:15 PM
See, to me that is more then just unacceptable. The totem pole doesn't sound like a good idea to begin with, but when your daughter is pointing out a bully and the teacher gives her BAD points, what the **** is that? I thought thats why they created the Bully project? If I was you, I'd make this thing get ugly and contact Fox 6 news or whichever channel was sponsering the Bully Project. They would LOVE to hound the living hell out of this teacher adn his/her superiors to get answers.
Children exhagerate BIG time with tattling..the majority do at least, which is why they would have the system they do with the totem pole

Korndogg
12-04-2005, 07:13 PM

I agree with everything in this thread and I also agree with callin a news channel if nothing happens with the school. The media would love to get their hands on stories like this.

And with the little girl. Something has to be going on. No 5 year old would just make something like that up.

TransAm12sec
12-05-2005, 10:17 AM
I'm curious to hear what happens. The teacher saying she shouldn't have told her that a boy pooped on the girl’s bathroom floor doesn't make sense to me. The obvious reason would be he’s in the girl’s bathroom and he’s pooping on the floor. I'm trying to imagine a teacher saying that, but I just can't see it happening. Have you talked to a higher authority yet?

What school is this?