PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think?

Flight_740
12-02-2005, 10:43 AM
Im in the process of figuring out what to do with my Q. Im kkeping it for sure and am considering lowering it. I can either drop it an inch or 2 inchs. Do you think 2 inchs is safe for all year driving? Or do you think I should just be happy with an inch. I need the wheels to look good in the summer and have good fitment.

Basicly, an inch would look good but 2 inchs would look better. im just worried about the bad roads in the winter time. My factory ride height is 7" stock. Should I bring it to 6" or 5"?

I have never lowered a car before so Im not really sure. Anybody have any feedback?

This is how it sits with the wheels on. Maybe a little bit lower because this picture was taken right where I put the wheels on and the suspension did not settle yet.

CruxGNZ
12-02-2005, 10:44 PM
I've seen your Infiniti when passing Merit a few times. I think it would look good dropped just an inch, unless you want to go the VIP route and slam the crap out of it and put some huge, wide wheels on it. :D

Don't forget to include some new struts in your lowering budget.

EVIL AWD
12-02-2005, 10:57 PM
I'd say drop it two inches and throw some upgraded struts in there. The car looks like it's sitting REALLY high right now.

Cryptic
12-03-2005, 11:27 AM
if you value your smooth ride... well your kissing it goodbye. I have to imagine you dont feel a bump in the road in those wheels.

It does need a drop though.

Along with struts, you should do the strut mounts & strut bearings while you have it all apart. Ask me how I know... :chair:

STEALTHZR2
12-03-2005, 12:14 PM
Drop it 2inches..it would look really great. But what Cryptic said the ride quality will be less. But not to bad though.

theavenger333
12-03-2005, 02:26 PM
one inch........... slamming is stupid

Slow Joe
12-03-2005, 02:33 PM
LOL, I lowered my Mustang... Approx 3" from factrory height.. And I'll see how it does tonight... Thus far no problems... :thumbsup

But I agree if you like the ride don't lower it... Lowering springs are normally quite a bit more stiff than a stock spring... Well, or at least get adjustable shocks... Then you can set the shocks softer or stiffer... I wish I would of done that... Oh well, I guess when they need to be replaced :thumbsup

EVIL AWD
12-03-2005, 02:38 PM
one inch........... slamming is stupid

If you only lower it 1 inch it will not look much different than it does now. And 2 inches is not slamming it, not even close. With the proper shock setup and a 2 inch drop the car will look and handle very good.

Slow Joe
12-04-2005, 01:32 AM
Well, my Mustang didn't encounter any problems that it wouldn't of in the snow, and being lowered I expected at least one thing... but it wasn't a snow plow... :thumbsup So I don't see why not drive a lowered vehicle in winter... Just take the same precautions that you would in any other season and apply them... :goof

Flight_740
12-04-2005, 05:55 PM
On my work computer, I have a picture of one dropped 2" and it looks pretty low.

You think even just an inch would ruin my ride that bad?

theavenger333
12-04-2005, 11:30 PM
i don't think one inch will, but ive lowered 2 cars now, both were more than one inch, both had proper shock setups and quality springs, the ride still goes to crap. Not to mention one of the best qualities of a Land Yacht vehicle is the ride. i bet you don't feel anything in that car. the car is set that way, if you compromise the suspension setup, it won't be the same. this isn't some honda or DSM he's lowering here.

Poncho
12-05-2005, 09:50 AM
my car comes stock with barely any wheel gap at all and the ride is beautiful.

People forget, it's not about ride height, but spring rate. Find a car with the right spring rate and height and you'll be fine. If you want a similar ride, find a similar rate. My GTP definately still had a nice ride after lowering 2"-- and I did tighten it up w/ new struts and larger sway bars and upgraded other suspension components.