PDA

View Full Version : Mopar stuff needed.....

d0nut
12-01-2005, 12:54 PM
Due to a upcoming horse trade on my 68 Camaro I am getting a 440/4 speed combo for an A Body Mopar. This will be going into my 70 Dart Swinger over the winter. Due to this abomination taking place I needs a few things....

8 3/4 rear. I would love an A Body rear but since the car is being mini tubbed and the springs moved in it doesn't really matter. I already have the center section so just the axle housing would work for me.

Any fiberglass body parts for 70-72 Darts. The main thing I want is a glass hood of sometype with a scoop. Someone must have a moldy old hood in the back yard....

A set of big block A body headers (non fender well). Ok.. no one has these and I will need to buy them......

A set of 15 inch cop wheels and small hubcaps.

Lemme know if anyone has anything!

Sean

Prince Valiant
12-01-2005, 05:15 PM
I've got an old moldy hood...but it's on my car :goof

There is a 71 or 72 monaco listed in the classifieds for 200 bucks...that should have an 8 3/4 that you can narrow down, plus big rear drums and bolt pattern (well, axles don't matter either since you'll need new ones as well...)..but i'm not positive...could have a 9 1/4 too though...iirc, that's around the time they make the switch.

I'll buy the engine and tranny off of you if you buy the car...

d0nut
12-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Hmnnn.. good thinking on the Monaco! I'll get a hold of him and see what I can work out. I'll let you know when/if I plan to head over to look at it. I think I can adapt the calipers from the front of a C body onto an 8 3/4 with the caliper adaptor brakets that they sell now. God i am getting cheaper a ai get older....

Are you going to build a 400? If so I have an Edelbrock intake vinth a Vanke notch machined in it for a 383/400. I was going to build a 67 383 up that I have but got a bit sidetracked in life!

Sean

I've got an old moldy hood...but it's on my car :goof

There is a monaco listed in the classifieds for 200 bucks...that should have an 8 3/4 that you can narrow down, plus big rear drums and bolt pattern (well, axles don't matter either since you'll need new ones as well...)\

I'll buy the engine and tranny off of you if you buy the car...

Prince Valiant
12-01-2005, 05:24 PM
by the way...I forget if the monaco has an 8 3/4 or 9 1/4....iirc, they made the switch around 72 or 73....can't recall.\

Yes, I'd be building the 400 and the trans if I purchased it...don't know if it'd go in the valiant or not, but it'd be nice to work with....

Memphis
12-01-2005, 06:26 PM
I've got an 8 3/4 out of a 67 Charger. Would that work?

Actually, I think you should just sell that motor and trans, it sounds like to big a project. :rolleyes: Bet it'd fit nice in my Charger though!! :thumbsup

d0nut
12-01-2005, 06:32 PM
A B body rear will work fine, I have to remount the spring perches anyways. How much would you need to get for it?

Sean

I've got an 8 3/4 out of a 67 Charger. Would that work?

Actually, I think you should just sell that motor and trans, it sounds like to big a project. :rolleyes: Bet it'd fit nice in my Charger though!! :thumbsup

73Dustr
12-01-2005, 11:48 PM
If you can't find everything on here, another guy to call is Cal Anderson at HUB Chrysler on Hwy 100. He's a big mopar guy and if he doesn't have the resources, he can usually refer you to someone who does.

Memphis
12-04-2005, 10:54 PM
$150 for the complete rear housing and center section.