PDA

View Full Version : Shifter ideas/options ???

Rocket Power
11-29-2005, 06:53 PM
Well I put the floor shift column in my wagon from the 442 and was going to put in the console and buckets. Then I remembered that the console mouns are welded to the floor. :( I don't feel like cutting them out of the 442 and then pulling everything out of the wagon right now to weld them in. So I pulled this old B&M Street Stick off of the shelf and thought about using it. I set it on the tunnel to see what it looks like with the split bench. Wadda ya think?
I think it may look better with the buckets, but I don't know. I have never been much of a fan of auto shifters with no console, But I am making this a low/no buck project. :goof

PB86MCSS
11-29-2005, 09:35 PM
Not bad, whatever allows it to be driven I suppose :D.

Rocket Power
11-29-2005, 09:46 PM
Well I am going to see what it looks like with buckets by the weekend :thumbsup

GRNDNL
11-30-2005, 10:18 AM
Bench seats and column shift autos are where its at.....almost as cool as a bench seat 4 speed......

Wait on the shifter till you put buckets in it....if you put buckets it. I've got B&M pro stick in the facory console in the GN, looks almost factory. I've got a set of Bucket/Console mounts in a GN in the Woods if your looking for another set....

Rocket Power
11-30-2005, 05:21 PM
I had thought about putting it in the console when I was going to drive the 442, but since it's an obsolete 3 speed unit and I had the 2004r in the 442 I never really tried it out. What did you have to do to make it work?
Now that I think about it I could cut the console mounts out of the parts GP, may as well be useful for something :goof
Thanks for the offer though.
Do you have any pics of the shift mounted in the console ?