PDA

View Full Version : I'm home

Larry99TA
11-27-2005, 08:14 PM
I'm sorry I should have posted this a few weeks ago, but I haven't been able to get into the room my computer is in because of some remodeling. As you all know I had my left leg amputated just below the knee on the 28th of October. Well I'm home now, I had the surgery on Oct. 28th, and was sent home on the 5th of this month. I was in there for eight days, largely due to the fact that I proved to the tharapy staff that I could maneuver around the house safely on one leg. What the hell I've been doing it anyway for almost two years now, there wasn't anything that they could show me I didn't already know.

On the 17th of this month the Doctor took out the staples and stitches, and he was very pleased with what he saw. There was no infections or leaks, everything was just fine. He stated that I should hold off on being fitted for any prosthetic for three to four weeks, then go for it. So if everything goes well I could be up and moving by mid to late January, or early Febuary at the lastest. So I'll keep you all posted as I progress, but I want to thank you all for your prayers and concern. I am unequivocally convinced that is why the surgery went so well, your prayers combined with others made the difference.
So again, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU ALL. I hope to see you all real soon.

God Bless,
Larry

nismodave
11-27-2005, 08:23 PM
Im glad you are doing well.

We all here wish the best for you.

Yooformula
11-27-2005, 08:29 PM
Great to hear that Larry. It was nice to speak wo ya the other night too! Hope to see you out soon.

y2kws6
11-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Great to hear that also from the Kuehn Family. In the mean time, I have a wheel chair that you could use and have that kid of yours ;) push you around for a while, at least for the World of Wheels show.

Dan
Call me if interested, it just laying around until Jacki needs it for special occasions.