PDA

View Full Version : so i went out and spent some money this weekend.....

dr doom
11-27-2005, 08:13 PM
2003 silverado..........plan on lifting it with some 38's, and some other small stuff .

Anakonda69
11-27-2005, 08:24 PM
what kinda lift? u gonna switch to sfa or keep ifs? and what brand?

dr doom
11-27-2005, 09:07 PM
i was looking at a superlift........not for sure but still looking, im gonna keepthe the ifs for now untill its out of warranty...

Lash
11-27-2005, 10:05 PM
Awesome. Nice truck!

PonyKiller87
11-28-2005, 06:27 AM
Nice looking truck.

i was looking at a superlift........not for sure but still looking, im gonna keepthe the ifs for now untill its out of warranty...

Do you realize that lifting it will void most of if not all of your factory warranty?

Check out gmfullsize.com for the most part 38" tires and IFS is considered a waste of money and somewhat unsafe.

Anakonda69
11-28-2005, 09:59 AM
yeah go to sfa if you are gonna lift it that much....maybe check out a bds lift as well...might be a lil cheaper

MoreTorque
11-28-2005, 10:19 AM
Nice truck! I love my 2005.

SmokinRAM114
11-28-2005, 07:52 PM
if i were u being an 03 dont use a superlift. there product is chinsey. my buddy has a 6" on his and its about a 5in. for an 03 if your looking to drive it everyday still either a BDS or CST or fabtech have really good ifs lifts for your truck. A 6in suspension and a 3in body will clear 38's. if your looking to do a straight axle dont mess around. www.fullthrottlesuspension.com :headbang they also have ifs lifts. or an www.offroadunlimited.com SAC kit. im in the process of a SAC on my 91. not a full throttle i dont have that kinda money. im using the ORU conversion kit using a 77.5-79 ford High pinion dana 60 with 6.5 in leafs in the front due to the conversion adding 2.5in.and a 14 bolt with 4in leafs shackle reverse and a 1in tapered block for pinion angle out back. for 9in total lift and 38's. i just ordered everything but still looking for axles so if you no of any one PM me! :thumbsup

SmokinRAM114
11-28-2005, 07:55 PM
ohh ya nice truck! they look AWSOME LIFTED

dr doom
11-28-2005, 08:08 PM
thanks guys the help is appreciated, this is my first 4x4 and i will need all the help i can get, the 38s will have a rim size of 22'', i wont be driving the truck everyday but i will be driving it alot.....thanks guys!

PonyKiller87
11-29-2005, 06:53 AM
thanks guys the help is appreciated, this is my first 4x4 and i will need all the help i can get, the 38s will have a rim size of 22'', i wont be driving the truck everyday but i will be driving it alot.....thanks guys!

Keep in mind that if you go to those huge ass blingin rims and 38" tires your going to need a major brake upgrade, a parachute or a big anchor or something. Takes alot more to stop those things. Best bet is either Baer brakes or SSBC brakes both have some great upgrades but they cost alot.

Anakonda69
11-29-2005, 03:41 PM
superlifts state that for ifs they are 4.5 to 6"...buddy has a 95 sierra and he bought the six and it only turned out to be like 5 too....we looked at the paperwork closer and it states that for ifs it is 4.5 to 6"......just go to sfa and u won't have anymore worries....blue check out durham auto salvage they sell axles pretty cheap....also there is a guy by my house here selling matching front and rear 4.56 lockers....14 bolt rear dana 44 and dana 60 front.....not sure how much he wants he lives right on the corner of national and racine.....

SmokinRAM114
11-29-2005, 05:37 PM
brandon im in the proccess with that guy on racine with that 14 bolt rear. 4:56 gears and locked, my friend talked to him sometime in the summer. i have went to his house several times and no one answers the door!!!and no phone number on nething. i like that military grade rear bumper on that frame he has forsale.. i guess he wasnt messing around. thanks for the durham info ill call there asap.cuz 1300 on ebay isnt my price range when sum have gotten them for 350 from a junk yard

dr doom
11-29-2005, 07:42 PM
whats all involved in changing mine over to a sfa? and ya i knew id have to upgrade my brakes.....thanks for the help guys.....

offroadwizard
11-29-2005, 08:15 PM
Go to www.offroadunlimited.com like flairty said (a.k.a. bluez114) They will tell you the kit and everything that you need

Anakonda69
11-30-2005, 04:55 PM
yeah my brother wanted those but didn';t have the money....they are some sweet ass axles though....hope u can get'em

BOSS LX
12-13-2005, 08:42 PM
You guys could save time and money and just buy a Ford with a staight axle and leaf springs from the factory. :durr

Nice truck...

dr doom
12-14-2005, 08:12 PM
You guys could save time and money and just buy a Ford with a staight axle and leaf springs from the factory. :durr

Nice truck...

see what fun would that be? i test drove a few fords and the road like lumber wagons.... im very happy with the truck i bought! thanks!

offroadwizard
12-29-2005, 10:50 PM
**** Fords. ooo boy solid front axel. y would we do that when we can enjoy actually working on our stuff and making our truck 100 times better by putting it in ourselves. Even though some fords are mint like that powerstrokes but still its more fun to build it ourselves. and besides who would even want a FORD!?!?!?!

:headbang

SmokinRAM114
12-31-2005, 07:48 PM

Nice truck...

For Only Retarded Drivers

last time i checked fords have another version of a twin I BEAM. :durr

slow85vette
01-01-2006, 07:44 PM
For Only Retarded Drivers

:rolf

Sparkyballs
01-12-2006, 03:21 PM
been a long time since ive been on here, its about time people with lifted trucks are on here for a while it was just me, i need to get my body lift on fopefully in the next couple of weeks

SmokinRAM114
01-13-2006, 05:10 PM
hey sparky ya there are a few smart ones on here lol most of us fairly newbies.. nice truck.. in our little group in waukesha we have around 15-20 k 1500 88-98 body style pretty much all of us do exception for a couple FERDS and a dodge that normally get stuck all the time. :rolf do you go mudding at all got any good spots a few could go to legally? my truck isnt finished yet but its for show and go but it isnt guna be pussyfooted.it'll see mud :headbang

dr doom
01-13-2006, 07:16 PM
ya i was meaning to ask you guys about that, i want to go mudding this year with my truck!!!!!! the is my first 4x4 and im anxious to get it all full of mud!

GrimreaperSS
01-20-2006, 06:43 PM
Damn, if you wanted a straight axle truck with 38's, you coulda bought mine.
http://chevytruckworld.tenmagazines.com/showownerpic.ten-u-3301-n-103487-pos-5. It sits just a little higher than when that pic was taken.
I didnt have the 6" springs in the rear yet. It looks kinda small in that pic, but I'm 5'10" ish and my eyes are at the base of the windows. Its about an 80% complate project. Depends on how you look at it. If it were just going to be an offroader, then maybe 90%. Needs some interior work in my opinion. But then again, it was going to be a driver. Anywho's if you guys know anybody who may be interested in this kind of truck, just let me know. No problem answering any questions you may have about it.

Sparkyballs
01-29-2006, 11:26 AM
yeah i know an awesome place to go but its up in grafton...the sad thing is once i get my body lift on my truck will still look like a dwarf compared to most of the trucks out there, i want to go this summer as well so ill keep everybody posted when i go.

here is a few pics http://photobucket.com/albums/v607/sparkyballz/

STEALTHZR2
01-29-2006, 07:34 PM
yeah i know an awesome place to go but its up in grafton...the sad thing is once i get my body lift on my truck will still look like a dwarf compared to most of the trucks out there, i want to go this summer as well so ill keep everybody posted when i go.

here is a few pics http://photobucket.com/albums/v607/sparkyballz/
Very nice truck you have.

SmokinRAM114
01-30-2006, 04:39 PM
Damn, if you wanted a straight axle truck with 38's, you coulda bought mine.
http://chevytruckworld.tenmagazines.com/showownerpic.ten-u-3301-n-103487-pos-5. It sits just a little higher than when that pic was taken.
I didnt have the 6" springs in the rear yet. It looks kinda small in that pic, but I'm 5'10" ish and my eyes are at the base of the windows. Its about an 80% complate project. Depends on how you look at it. If it were just going to be an offroader, then maybe 90%. Needs some interior work in my opinion. But then again, it was going to be a driver. Anywho's if you guys know anybody who may be interested in this kind of truck, just let me know. No problem answering any questions you may have about it.

wow i looked at that truck dont know if u remember me or not. i seen ur bro's truck too the yellow one. correct? watertown?i found that on chevy truck world couple months ago. i remember you talking about your brother having a straight axle conversion.well if that was you..

sparky is that u in the clown suit in ur pics? HAHA

GrimreaperSS
02-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Cant exactly say I remember.... Its been quite awhile since anyone has stopped to look at my truck. Yeah, both the yellow one and the green one are my bro's trucks. And yes he is out in watertown. Straight axle conv. on both trucks. Although now hes thinking about putting the green one back to stock, being his everyday driver. I told him he should have never chopped it up in the first place. Should've just bought another truck like hes got now and done it all to that one.