PDA

View Full Version : First cobalt/ion in 13's....

Prince Valiant
11-27-2005, 01:12 AM
...without nitrous. 13.996@101.03mph

http://www.cobaltss.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2503&page=1&pp=10

Mods are said to be exhaust, CAI, a 3" pulley and NGK plugs and some "boost bypass thing" (?)

Repudetly that is...i would have thought someone had done it before this? :confused

Cryptic
11-27-2005, 01:26 AM
I heard of that boost bypass thing for the GP's and from what I heard/read it doesnt do jack squat.

It supposedly feeds boost faster.

theavenger333
11-27-2005, 02:30 AM
boost bypass just makes the boost spool quicker in relation to the throttle positon. aka, if its all the way in, the boost will spool with much less throttle. stock they are set so like at 3/4 throttle the boost kicks in. hope i explained that decent, it doesn't give you more boost, or make it spool faster, just kicks it in earlier in the throttle

BAD LS1
11-27-2005, 10:11 AM
heh... idk kinda weak if you ask me... granted it had a weak-suck 2.2 60ft but a SRT4 does those times and better stock right off the floor. It just seems like turbo chargers are a fickle mistress to gm and they dont want to dable with it ever again hence their woody with eaton blowers over the past 13 years. They work, but i just dont think as well as a snail would on the same app, look how well most turbo setups work on the L67 3.8's etc...

GM seems to be really trying to thrust the pushrod V8 market out there more and more... and not paying as much attention to the little engines. we got 300 hp 5.3's in impala's finally that would smoke the **** out of a older 94-96 LT1 SS, FINNALLY got the vortecMAX in halfton fullsizes, the H.O. LQ9 6.0L making 345hp. hmmm if i could get one in a reg cab short box 4wd.... LS2 powered Trailblazer SS's, LS2 powered-6speed SSR's...

If anything all this might help the aftermarket drop prices for my LS1 parts.

Anyhow... end rant

Cryptic
11-27-2005, 11:15 AM
boost bypass just makes the boost spool quicker in relation to the throttle positon. aka, if its all the way in, the boost will spool with much less throttle. stock they are set so like at 3/4 throttle the boost kicks in. hope i explained that decent, it doesn't give you more boost, or make it spool faster, just kicks it in earlier in the throttle
what I was getting at in the butt-o-meter there is little difference.

Undertaker
11-29-2005, 12:57 PM
Some guy on the redline forums ran a 13.9 somewhere around april or may of this year as well. I will have to find the post.

Undertaker
11-30-2005, 01:32 PM
http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/ion-redline-discussion/888-barrys-nite-strip-story.html

Barry ran a 13.953 back in February 2005.