PDA

View Full Version : Who ski's? Who'd like to go skiing?

Prince Valiant
11-27-2005, 12:30 AM
Went skiing today...great day to be out on the (teeny) slopes of sunburst :thumbsup

What about the rest of you guys? I know Andy (cryptix), Chris (crawlinz), and Josh (syclonne) all ski....but who else?

I know sunburst is small, small small...and it was even smaller today since only two runs were really open...but you know, for 20 bucks all day, it's still not a bad value. You can start to get the ski's back under you, getting ready and hyped for trips out west/north, etc....for only a little travel and cost.

Maybe we can have a BCM ski night or day at sunburst one of these days...or maybe even venture further to granite mountain (formerly rib) for a day worth of skiing

I know that already I am starting to feel stoked for trips out to aspen/snowmass :thumbsup

Yooformula
11-27-2005, 12:36 AM
I havent gone skiing in at least 10 years. I grew up skiing Vermont and northern PA but gave up due to too many issues with my knees. I have gotten the itch for it lately.

Cryptic
11-27-2005, 01:28 AM
Colorado or bust for me.

theavenger333
11-27-2005, 02:28 AM
i ski quite a bit, snowboard also. i go enough to nearly warrant a season pass at Switz, but don't even get one. sunburst's terrain park has turned into all rails....... boo

USMARINE1108
11-27-2005, 08:20 AM
I grew up skiing, but havent a since I've been in the Marines. Now I can only manage about 1 trip a year.

Slow Joe
11-27-2005, 12:34 PM
I suck at skiing, but I hear it's hilarious to watch me... LOL

loud91rs
11-27-2005, 01:01 PM
I've been skiing for about 6 years and i'm gonna try snowboarding this year...i'd be totally up for a BCM ski outting. Maybe we can even venture up to cascade or granite peak? Last time I was at granite peak it was pretty good and supposidly they expanded. :thumbsup

Yamahachick02
11-27-2005, 06:29 PM
I ski want to try to snowboard this year. Let me know if you go on a ski trip or tell chris (crawlinz) to tell me.

TransAm12sec
11-27-2005, 08:21 PM
I ski. I'm in the Twin Cities now but I'll be back in January.

Cleveland Dave
11-28-2005, 09:42 AM
i ski once in a while each year.

Syclone0044
11-28-2005, 10:22 AM
I'm in, I got a season pass for Sunburst. Chris, let's go to Sunburst for sure this year, even if the BCM event should be located somewhere else. :thumbsup How was the quality of the snow? I haven't gotten out there yet although I did hear they opened last Friday (9 days ago).

loud91rs
11-28-2005, 10:29 AM
We gotta get 01v6stangpwr up on the slopes...trust me it's fun to watch. :thumbsup Sorry Joe :goof

Flight_740
11-28-2005, 10:37 AM
I usually get out a couple times a year. I have been skining since I was about 10. I tried snowboarding once and just couldnt grasp the concept of going down the hill sideways.

Crawlin
11-28-2005, 10:40 AM
i'm down for anything. i snowboard, and i know most hills are open to everything, but i think some have specific areas for each thing.

I'm going to Vail january 12th-16th, can't wait!!!

12secondGTP
11-28-2005, 11:52 AM
I'll be heading out to Jackson Hole(Wyoming) in a month, Maybe Colorado in March. I'll also be heading up to the U.P. quite a bit this year. A 2 day Hillhopper pass is $66 :thumbsup

I forgot to add I'm going to Jackson Hole with the University of Colorado ski club,lift tickets and lodging for a whole week is only $275 :headbang

Al
11-28-2005, 12:14 PM
I love skiing. I wanted to go out west this winter, but have decided to spend my money on a newer car. I can still go skiing, but now I plan on crashing at one of my uncles houses in Rhode Island and then drive up to VT to go skiing.

Nix
11-28-2005, 12:17 PM
I use to go sking all the time when I was younger, I always went to Alpine. That was a great place for sking. It may be different now considering I havent gone in about 8-10 years. I also would be intrested in going on a ski outing, Iam a little afraid of how my back would hold up when I take a dive. I wouldnt want to be carted off to the local hospital. :rolleyes: I have enough back issues as it is.

Crawlin
11-28-2005, 12:41 PM
yeah, alpine is my choice for quick trip for the day. it's just 15 minutes from my house

slow85vette
11-29-2005, 01:06 AM
Is anyone offering lesssons to those who can't ski or snowboard?? LOL, I can't do either. I tried to ski and snowboard but I fall on my ass alot or end up crashing into people. I'm sure you get the idea. :thumbsup

And Joe, if they get you skiing or snowboarding, maybe I'll come too so that everyone's not just laughing at you...they can laugh at me too! :banana1:

theavenger333
11-29-2005, 01:13 AM
I'm in, I got a season pass for Sunburst. Chris, let's go to Sunburst for sure this year, even if the BCM event should be located somewhere else. :thumbsup How was the quality of the snow? I haven't gotten out there yet although I did hear they opened last Friday (9 days ago).
sunburst took a hit josh, bad, much like Switz this past 4-5 days..... i go mostly for the Terrain park, and Sunburst's has left me unfufilled the last 2 years. even Switz is better. but i'd gladly hit it up with you guys. we're gonna check out Alpine this year though, its about the same overall distance. me and some buddys go up to the cities as well as to cascade a few times. although one trip to the dells always turns into tons of drinking and little skiing. oh well :alcoholic

theavenger333
11-29-2005, 01:17 AM
I tried to ski and snowboard but I fall on my ass alot or end up crashing into people. ................they can laugh at me too! :banana1:
that's what learning to Ski/Snowboard consists of!!!!! :goof

loud91rs
11-29-2005, 04:18 AM
slowvette, if you wanna go snowboarding trust me you won't be the only one falling on your ass, but i'm gonna give it a try this year. I'd be able to help you out with skiing also if you would like. A couple years ago I got Joe down a few hills in one piece :headbang Remember that Joe? I got him to the point where he was laughing at other people falling on their face...whoops :thumbsup

Crawlin
11-29-2005, 08:39 AM
i hope we can get a BUNCH of guys to go. I helped one of my ex's learn to snoboard in one day and she had never skied or anything before.

y2kws6
11-29-2005, 11:05 AM
I have a full ski set up, but I broke the tips on my skiis last year. Not sure what I want to do now.

One thing for advise with snowboarding -- Do not try to learn on the bunny hill. It is not steep enough and normally not enough snow. Move to the normal/advanced hill and take your time and go slow.

P.S. also wear snow pants to prevent the wet butt syndrome.

Dan

Yamahachick02
11-29-2005, 01:35 PM
good chris you can teach me. I hope I will do better than dan did. :rolf :rolf

y2kws6
11-29-2005, 01:40 PM
Hey that was on the bunny hill, I went after that on the advanced hill and did just fine

Dan

Yamahachick02
11-29-2005, 01:44 PM
right keep telling yourself that.

Crawlin
11-29-2005, 01:46 PM
Hey that was on the bunny hill, I went after that on the advanced hill and did just fine

Dan

is that where you broke the front tips of the ski's off? how the hell? haha

y2kws6
11-29-2005, 01:54 PM
To be honest yes, but not at that time. It was on a 14 foot jump and happened on the landing. clipped the snow.

Dan