PDA

View Full Version : Whoa what a crappy drive!!!

Yooformula
11-25-2005, 08:26 PM
Too us 7 hours to make the otherwise easy 5 hour drive from Minnesota. Getting out there we had a 50 mph headwind resulting in 16mpg and a howling the entire ride.

The fun started on the way home....We caught the snowstorm the ENTIRE friggin way!!! I was doing no more than 40 mph at one point becuase people SUCK at driving. I counted 15 ditched cars and a rolled over Ranger. The best one was the asshat in a Dodge Intrepid that cut me off doing about 70 down an on ramp only to find his car nearly on its roof in a very deep ditch about an hour later. Luckily we made it ok and we averaged 19.6mpg this time...note to self, call out of work next time :durr

nismodave
11-25-2005, 08:38 PM
Glad you made it home safe.

Im glad i put new tires on my daily last week. Its an Intrepid.

Prince Valiant
11-25-2005, 08:51 PM
A couple of years ago made a drive back from MN in the snow....that can be a hard drive due to other drivers.

I don't understand people sometimes. They drive TOO freakin' slow in the white stuff.

Of course, they say "just take your time dere...you'll make it safely. Just go slow."

Bullsh!t I say. It's people like that, that drive SO slow that traffic bunches up around them, and no one can safely past, THESE are the ones resonsible for the accidents. Just going so damn slow that all these cars are now crowded and even just a little brake touch causes 10 cars to get squirelly behind them...and then the pile-up ensues.

If these people would stop being so damn selfish and realize that if they need to drive THAT FREAKIN' SLOW just to be SAFE!!! THEN THEY DON'T REALLY NEED TO DRIVE IN THIS WEATHER :fire :fire :fire

Just wait another day. Time clearly doesn't matter to them anyways. And don't crowd the road for the sensible drivers who don't arbitrarily go slow as hell in the name of "safety"

Not to say go out and drive like idiots mind you...you do need to be sensible. But if you know someone who drives obnoxiously slow...like 15mph slower then everyone else, tell them just stay off the road in this weather.

Yooformula
11-25-2005, 09:03 PM
There were people driving between 2 lanes at 25mph for a bit until I had to pass on the shoulder, and it wasnt just me passing them either! Fuggin people I tell ya!

Car Guy
11-25-2005, 09:10 PM
You know body shop owners are licking there chops tonight in anticipation for monday morning.....

Al
11-26-2005, 01:18 AM
Delivering Pizzas in Mequon was fun today.

These dumb yuppies have all of these awd and 4wd cars and they don't use them.

Two cars wide going down Mequon road at 25. My car has a horn and today I USED IT. Even the cops were jackhole drivers.

I need a horn like Pork. That'll git er done!

TransAm12sec
11-26-2005, 02:07 AM
I assume you had Thanksgiving up there. Was the food at least good?

Pantera99GS
11-26-2005, 12:58 PM
It never fails- the first snow here and as soon as a damn snow flake hits the windshield people go screaming into a ditch.

wikked
11-26-2005, 01:18 PM
It never fails- the first snow here and as soon as a damn snow flake hits the windshield people go screaming into a ditch.

Or they get curb rash on their brand-focking-new rims because they were looking at 2 hottt ass Falls chicks :crying @*%!

Yooformula
11-26-2005, 02:27 PM
I assume you had Thanksgiving up there. Was the food at least good?

Food and company was good! Thanks :thumbsup I learned how to play texas hold em and we played for about 8 hours nonstop. Then I got online at pokerstars.com and kept right on going. :rolf

theavenger333
11-26-2005, 07:14 PM
wtf yoosef, the almighty Durango should have just took the offroad all the way home. duh. i can't count how many times i've gotten shyt snowstorms from or to my aunt's without a few of us with our shoes and socks off

Yooformula
11-26-2005, 08:45 PM
wtf yoosef, the almighty Durango should have just took the offroad all the way home. duh. i can't count how many times i've gotten shyt snowstorms from or to my aunt's without a few of us with our shoes and socks off

Kinda hard to take the offroad when all there is, is a 2 lane road with a ditch on either side. I used my share of stopping lanes when they were there.

theavenger333
11-27-2005, 02:31 AM
offroad=ditch sucka.......

Larry99TA
11-27-2005, 08:19 PM
I'm so glad you made it home safely buddy, you were in my prayers the minute I hung up the phone.

Yooformula
11-27-2005, 08:31 PM
Thanks Larry!

Cleveland Dave
11-28-2005, 09:40 AM
i went up to portage in my camaro. wasnt too bad until i came off an exit ramp and slid sideways then did a 360 and kept going straight...scaring the **** out of me and everybody behind me...lol thankfully after portage i didnt have to drive anymore cause i met up with my sister in her car.

i saw probably about 20 people in the ditch as well. on the way to stevens point on friday.

Syclone0044
11-28-2005, 10:25 AM
Hey are you guys driving your F Bodies thru winter (Madison Dave and Formula_Driva at least, I suspect)? Just wondering if that's possible. My 90' Turbo Grand Prix (245/50/16 16x8 tires/rims) is especially horrible so far, tires just too wide and too bald (replacing soon). I had to drive home thru Menomonee Falls at 25MPH on Friday night with the heavy snow. I think my knuckles were all white by the time I made it to my driveway. :stare

Cleveland Dave
11-28-2005, 11:08 AM
im driving my f-body year round. if it snows i usually drive my parents olds aurora...friday was the first time i tried driving my car in the snow...(hopefully the last) i have brand new pirrelli P Zero Nero all-season tires (275/40/17), traction control on and i start out in 2nd. i did ok for the most part i dont know what the hell happened when i came off the exit ramp just slid out then freaked and over corrected causing the 360 glad i was able to pull out of it though.

TransAm12sec
11-28-2005, 01:54 PM
You need a 7 inch wheel with 235s at most.

Silver03SRT
11-28-2005, 01:59 PM
I drove to Park Falls on friday night left my house around 4:45pm didnt get there till 11pm. From Milwaukee to Oshkosh I was driving 35 the whole way. Roads were coverd in snow.

Yooformula
11-29-2005, 04:45 AM
Hey are you guys driving your F Bodies thru winter (Madison Dave and Formula_Driva at least, I suspect)? Just wondering if that's possible. My 90' Turbo Grand Prix (245/50/16 16x8 tires/rims) is especially horrible so far, tires just too wide and too bald (replacing soon). I had to drive home thru Menomonee Falls at 25MPH on Friday night with the heavy snow. I think my knuckles were all white by the time I made it to my driveway. :stare

I counted 3 fbodies driving during that snow shower. I got stuck last year in a dumping and could barely move. I HAD to drive it home and it took me 3 hours to get from downtown to nw milw and another 30 minutes to get out of the street into my driveway. I couldnt even get my car to roll straight let alone turn in the snow.