PDA

View Full Version : new tow truck ?

1fastsol
11-23-2005, 05:35 PM
looking to buying a new tow vehicle and the Chevy trail blazer is nice good on gas and and can tow. how do you guys rate the trailblazer? or should i look around more.

Crawlin
11-23-2005, 05:43 PM
there is a TON of them around. for a smaller vehicle like your del sol, i think it'd be alright with the open trailer. i've driven a million of them(since i work for a chevy dealership) and even with higher mileage, they are still very solid.

It's the same things as an envoy and rainieer(which i'm driving right now).

if you have any specific questions about it, feel free to PM me. i'll keep the hard core solicitation of my services off the board :) haha

A B4C Z
11-23-2005, 06:30 PM
Other than all the recalls they have for them. There great they have the strait 6 4.2 in them and a lot of people have them. They get about 15mpg i guess. O and if your looking to be bling bling they have a new SS with the 6.0 and 20s on it looks bad ass. Go to HEISER they have a nice selection. :)

Prince Valiant
11-23-2005, 06:35 PM
If I were looking for one...I'd look for an EXT with a 5.3 LS v8

USMARINE1108
11-23-2005, 08:24 PM
If I were looking for one...I'd look for an EXT with a 5.3 LS v8

Are they still going to build the SS with an LS2 and AWD?

turbogarrett
11-24-2005, 12:09 PM
My mom drives an oldsmobile bravada(same driveline), not sure on the year, but it was the last year of production. Nice suv, plenty of power, but it has been in the shop quite a bit- electronic bugs, rear diff and now the "service awd" light is on. I'm looking to get a v8 4 runner with tow package :headbang

Crawlin
11-24-2005, 01:05 PM
yes you can get the LS2 in the Trailblazer SS with AWD and just rear wheel drive if you want that as well.

I agree with Kyle, heiser is best :) haha

my buick raineer has the 5.3L v8 and it's pretty cool. although to have to buy the EXT version which i think is pretty ugly, to get the 5.3L, isn't worth it.