PDA

View Full Version : Ls9??? ina vette better then the zo6?

97z2801ss
11-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Quote:
In case the information has been tainted with trackable "disinformation" I will summarize but must be vague. I do not rule this out as being an intentional leak.

- The "Corvette SS" undeniably a go.
- We are at the very beginning of the program.
- Will be limited #s
- Not indicated to be "blue devil".
- Will be outfitted with a "charged" LS9.
- This will be a Corvette-only motor not to be in a caddy.
- The LS9 is a smaller displacement motor than the LS7. <----
- The "Corvette SS" will be top dog, Z06 will not be.
- Well over 600 HP.
- No test/beta/pilot Corvette SS exists in any shape or form. So don't waste your time looking for one yet.
- Unlike info on some other sites, this Corvette WILL NOT be seen for a very very long time.

I think there are others that know this info, but there are a lot of shaking knees when it comes to even discussing it.

To our GM viewing audience, just want to say thanks for keeping the Corvette line exciting and for continuing to take the car to new levels. Great job. Keep up the good work, we love it.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...threadid=45423

TransAm12sec
11-23-2005, 03:31 PM
Fix the link.

Crawlin
11-23-2005, 05:45 PM
they'd be stupid to put SS and Corvette together. Never has and never should be. would be cooler if they called it the new generation ZR1

USMARINE1108
11-23-2005, 08:26 PM
they'd be stupid to put SS and Corvette together. Never has and never should be. would be cooler if they called it the new generation ZR1

I agree. An SS badge won't ever look right on a vette, if you ask me. I like the ZR1 idea.

fireboverd
11-23-2005, 08:55 PM
ACTUALY they did make one Corvette SS in 1957, it's at the Indianapolis Speedway museum. Sorry. just had to say it. I do agree though that an SS badge doesn't really fit on a Corvette...a ZR1/LS6 would be a very interesting idea though :devil

GTSLOW
11-23-2005, 09:20 PM

Thats a great idea, now email gm asap! ;)

USMARINE1108
11-23-2005, 10:24 PM
ACTUALY they did make one Corvette SS in 1957, it's at the Indianapolis Speedway museum. Sorry. just had to say it. I do agree though that an SS badge doesn't really fit on a Corvette...a ZR1/LS6 would be a very interesting idea though :devil

Huh. Well I guess you learn someting new every day.

Poncho
11-24-2005, 09:21 PM
I call BS.