PDA

View Full Version : Greenfield municipal court- racing on highway

WilliamZ
11-23-2005, 08:42 AM
Has anyone gotten a racing on highway ticket in Greenfield? Did you go to court for it? If you did, did they change the charge to something else? I got a ticket and I am about to hire a lawyer. If someone has had a lawyer that had gotten a racing ticket changed to something else let me know. Thanks

Crawlin
11-23-2005, 09:01 AM
racing ticket on hwy100? have you already talked to a lawyer? cause most just chuckle at you when you say you want to hire them for that.

animal
11-23-2005, 09:11 AM
I got mine reduced to 6pt speeding in WA... but there were some extraordinary circumstances with mine also. Call up the guy that yoosef knows on the main forum page sticky.

phast eddie2
11-23-2005, 09:59 AM
I got mine reduced to 6pt speeding in WA... but there were some extraordinary circumstances with mine also.

What...he felt bad that you were driving a slo Ferd Truck?....J/K!!!

DAMMIT, this is Yoosof again! Fuggers log off!

WilliamZ
11-23-2005, 10:48 AM
I already talked to him. I wanted to see if anyone had experience with this as well, and what their outcome was.

SlowStee
11-23-2005, 12:30 PM
6pt reduced to 4.....changed to a speeding ticket

BAD LS1
11-23-2005, 12:58 PM
i had some pure luck with my racing ticket against farm truck when i went to court, its still a racing , but got some dropped off both ends. there was alot of hwy 100 regulars in court that day LOL

Racings are MINOR violations, this was my 3rd conviction... So you dont haveto worry about loosing the license for that, ust if you had another 6 pointer this year, bye bye license.

turboZ
11-23-2005, 02:18 PM
Yeah, I got a racing on public hwy ticket. I went to greenfield municipal court, talked to the D.A. described what happened(all lies lol) she said based on the fact that I had a clean record and she was about to let me off free of charge on my story but she said she wanted to see the police report first since they had it on file there. so we waited and she read it over and said she saw me and a blue subaru race twice, but even with that evidence she dropped it to a unreasonable and imprudent speed ticket, down to 4pts vs 6 and the fine stayed the same. Better than nothing. So its safe to say as long as you talk to the D.A youll get it reduced some.

ponyride00
11-23-2005, 04:23 PM
i had some pure luck with my racing ticket against farm truck when i went to court, its still a racing , but got some dropped off both ends. there was alot of hwy 100 regulars in court that day LOL

Racings are MINOR violations, this was my 3rd conviction... So you dont haveto worry about loosing the license for that, ust if you had another 6 pointer this year, bye bye license.

Forget about the license. The insurance costs are whats going to hurt.

Syclone0044
11-23-2005, 05:18 PM
:wtf Private Forum?? Doesn't seem like a good idea to talk about "what you got away with" in a public forum.

animal
11-23-2005, 05:47 PM
Not exactly what I'd call "getting away with"... all court records like that are public domain anyways. Anyone who wanted to know about my court case could surely go look it up... and the same for just about everyone else's. Granted it'd be the most boring thing ever to try and do. I don't see the big deal, if you already got nailed for it, paid your "dues" ,and the case has been long closed that you can't talk about it.

I have other reservations about what is said while the case is still open. And that's why you hadn't seen me say anything about mine while it was "in process" :)

Syclone0044
11-23-2005, 06:42 PM
When you have people talking about their reduced fines for things they were guilty of (or lying about, like the one guy mentioned), how likely do you think the PD's who read this stuff are going to be, to give breaks to the next one of us to get a ticket?

lotsals1
11-23-2005, 07:29 PM
greenfield heh good luck -lets put it this way if you get a cruiseing ticket in west allis its no points if you get hit in greenfield its 4

Berettaspeed
11-23-2005, 08:48 PM
I got mine reduced to unreasonable and imprudent speeding ticket.... but the cop that pulled me over gave me the break for being honest with him. you know when they pull you over and ask..."Son do you know why i pulled you over?" LOL so how am i going to lie he saw me??? LOL just go in there and speak the truth. most of the time the DA will try and cut you a break depending on your record. and also as a last resort ask what they could do if you will take a defensive driving course. they usually use that one for drunk driving tickets. then if you get the ticket anyways and no reduction, well you did race right?? so grab your ankles and take it up the @$$.

animal
11-23-2005, 08:51 PM
When you have people talking about their reduced fines for things they were guilty of (or lying about, like the one guy mentioned), how likely do you think the PD's who read this stuff are going to be, to give breaks to the next one of us to get a ticket?

So we're supposed to not talk about it so that other boneheads get a break when they get caught screwin around? I got caught making a bad choice, and I got the maximum for it (as I probably should've). It's the DA or judge that decides what happens after all that anyways... not the P.O.

SlowStee
11-23-2005, 11:29 PM
I can almost guarantee you what we say holds no weight towards anything

Yooformula
11-24-2005, 12:02 AM
FYI, how you behave during the ticket is important! Cops take notes and write on their copy of the ticket. The judge or DA ALWAYS looks this over before they decide to reduce anything so be on your best behavior even after you get the ticket, it may help you out.

Silver03SRT
11-24-2005, 12:58 PM
your insurance shouldnt go up unless you file a claim. they will have no way of knowing you got a speeding ticket. they cant just pull up your file for no reason. at least that is the way it works in illinois.

Junky Giorgio
11-24-2005, 01:18 PM
wreckless driving - 6pts.
racing on hwy - 6pts.

not what ya know, but who ya know.... ;)

amended to:
illegal "U" turn -3pts. total for both
btw this was west allis pd too!

subliminal1284
11-24-2005, 02:48 PM
You guys are lucky up here, In florida first offense getting caught racing is automatic jail time and license suspended

Wannarace62188
11-25-2005, 10:37 AM
You all seem lucky. Got my first ticket a week after having a license.
Reckless driving - 6pts $300

Went to court DA or judge would not reduce. :flipoff2:

Yooformula
11-25-2005, 10:53 AM
your insurance shouldnt go up unless you file a claim. they will have no way of knowing you got a speeding ticket. they cant just pull up your file for no reason. at least that is the way it works in illinois.

Your insurance company gets updates from dmv after the court date, thats when you get the hit.

ponyride00
11-26-2005, 09:14 AM
What he said. Someone does look or get updates. They do find it, trust me. That must be why everybody in Illinois is always doing 90.