PDA

View Full Version : Winter Plans " Imports "

MrBigShot
11-22-2005, 08:25 PM
Just wondering if any of the ricers are planning on makin there cars fast enough to whip some of the Milwaukee Muscle around town next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"startin Sh1t "

ThatWhiteCivic
11-23-2005, 04:11 PM
I might do some stuff to put me into the mid 11 sec range. I know it's not FAST but it'll be fun enough for me...

Bee
11-23-2005, 04:27 PM
maybe a drift car 240sx .... nah someone already has that market..hehe!!! :goof

Al
11-24-2005, 12:30 AM
I just bought an H22 for my integra! Nah, I'm $hittn' ya.

I really want to get an accord wagon. I like the EX more because it comes with the more powerful 2.2L sohc vtec engine and gets better mileage than the LX. Unfortunatly, there is a major markup on them. I'm going auto this time because stick has become a p-i-t-a while delivering pizzas.

HEY BEE...

My thoughts on accord wagons: I could get an LX and swap in the 2.2 SOHC VTEC (what is this engine? an F22?) in it, or go with my favorite 4 cylinder, the H22. Either way, the H22-in-the-LX plan and the stock EX plan should cost the same ammount. I heard the H22 swap uses the same mounts and even the same wiring.

^ Could you help make this happen?

nismodave
11-24-2005, 01:36 AM
Ive already whipped alot of "muscle".

I have not decided if Im going to stroke my SR to 2.2, and go BIG A$$ turbo yet.

Probobly not.

So 5 lug, wider wheels and tires, wideband o2 sensor are in the works.

Al
11-24-2005, 02:17 AM
I might just scrap the accord plan because I just found out that KBB prices a mid-90's Audi A4 1.8T Quattro less than the accord wagon. What is interesting is that they are within 1 mpg of eachother on the freeway, and the A4 is quattro!!! Tough choice, I say! I know that the A4 is very reliable, so I really don't have any issues with getting one. Also, the A4s go for the same amount as the accords which have 60k more miles! If a dealership is open on Turkey day, I'll try to test drive one!

wikked
11-24-2005, 12:33 PM
<winter plans> keep dsm running. </winter plans>

Junky Giorgio
11-24-2005, 12:41 PM
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA i just bypass that thought with another daily driver! my winter plans consist of walking past my car staring at it with no motor in it ;) i keep rubbing my magic rock in hopes that it will run once again some day.... :rolf

Bee
11-24-2005, 05:45 PM
blue: 90-93 accords accept the h22 pretty easily. 94-97 also do to, but with a little more massagiing.

Bee
11-24-2005, 05:49 PM
really though, i am sponsoring 2-3 cars for 2006 so i may not be building a car for myself period. trying to invest my time into people that are SERIOUS about their projects. definitely 2-3 cars are already in the works!!! and yes they are hondas... maybe a 240sx with a BIIIIIIIIIG TURBO!!! :thumbsup

Bee
11-24-2005, 05:50 PM
Ive already whipped alot of "muscle".

I have not decided if Im going to stroke my SR to 2.2, and go BIG A$$ turbo yet.

Probobly not.

So 5 lug, wider wheels and tires, wideband o2 sensor are in the works.

Hey I am curious if you know how much power the 240sx rear end with LSD or a welded diff can hold up with "REAL SLICKS" at high load launching???

have you high launched with slicks??? :thumbsup

TheBlueSupra
11-25-2005, 02:11 PM
i should be able to take down a couple cars out there with my new set-up.

twicks69
11-25-2005, 03:17 PM
2006 plans. Change over to T4 in spring. Winter plans include installing a full urethane bushing setup for frame and suspension, designing and fabricating adjustable spherical heim joint sway bar end links, milling out the current turbo exhaust housing, upgrading the fuel system to a supra pump with -6AN fuel lines, upgrade the sway bars, upgrade the front upper control arms to tubular units with adjustable ball joints, buy 16"X8" rims and bigger snow tires.

Tuning the EMS is the most needed thing for the car currently. I have a good basemap for idle to 3900rpms at high throttle, and idle to 8000rpms for low/mid throttle. The turbo is currently holding me back due to the need to port out the exhaust housing. Currently I am getting around 20psi at 3200rpms in 5th gear (when accellerating from 2900 to 3200rpms), and 35psi comes way too fast ~3500-3700rpms. Fuel and turbo issues are first to get taken care of, then suspension upgrades by March. Also, need to install a good roll cage so I don't get kicked from the track.

Still need to learn anti-lag function on the EMS, and will do so after the car is completely tuned.

Thats pretty much it for right now. Just going to take apart the winter beater tonight and pretty much rebuild the engine. YAY!

Russ Jerome
11-25-2005, 07:02 PM
Custom built 2.5 forged shortblock, Pro built/ported 16v head,
monster CNC machined intake with 470ci plenum, long equal
length header, T-3/4 full size 60E, Hughes auto stick, RWD
and sub #2000 with driver :wooo

http://hometown.aol.com/russjerome/images/in4link2.jpg.jpg

turbogarrett
11-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Hoping for mid 10's in the 1/4 with pump gas and drag radials. A 6 pt. cage and built rearend are first on my winter list.

Teufelhunden
11-26-2005, 12:26 PM
T-3/4 full size 60E Whats the full turbo specs Russ?

Very cool project!

Russ Jerome
11-26-2005, 12:56 PM
Turbonetics T-3 .63 stage 3 on exhaust and 60E with fullsize
E cover. Would not be my first choice today but proven to
support well over 400hp in other hybrid motors like this one.

My Omni with identicle turbo but 2.2 it was little slower to spool
than I liked for street driving. In a 2.5 like the new project it
is insane out hole and several FWD guys were running mid to
high 10's. If I stay with this turbo it will probably get a .83 exhaust
housing, if swapped out a GT35 with ported hot side.

Junky Giorgio
11-26-2005, 08:46 PM
so wheres the rest of the honda guy's on here's projects...come out of the woodwork, i know many of you are going turbo for next year!

nismodave
11-27-2005, 09:51 AM
Hey I am curious if you know how much power the 240sx rear end with LSD or a welded diff can hold up with "REAL SLICKS" at high load launching???

have you high launched with slicks??? :thumbsup

No I have not launched with slicks.

The problem is not the rear end, Its the tranny. My second tranny is starting to go sour.

Im working on the new alternative now. ;)

RedGSX
11-27-2005, 11:24 AM
Nothing special here just a better intercooler with piping of course. Go for my 12 second goal next year and then build something else on the side...should be fun. :thumbsup

Junky Giorgio
11-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Lawlery, when you getting rid of that old school ass 20g??? :confused time to get a real turbo :thumbsup

Abraham39
11-27-2005, 12:54 PM
Nothing big here, keep the DSM running, probably gonna go for a evo 3 16g, and a FMIC setup.. I'm just looking for a streetable 13sec car w/ my DSM and pray that hopefully it can stay do i dare say it... reliable? :rolf lol i just laughed when i typed that....

sloLs1
11-27-2005, 02:25 PM
lookin for low 12's and possible high 11's and still be a Daily driver for now.
also some RH pro wheels and a full suspension set up.

RedGSX
11-28-2005, 05:41 PM
Lawlery, when you getting rid of that old school ass 20g??? :confused time to get a real turbo :thumbsup

Yeah I'm starting to dislike *Lag* turbo takes forever, it may be time to get a turbo with "today's" technology, but who knows. I might change my mind and sell the whole damn thing... :shades There are better platforms to start from...

Junky Giorgio
11-28-2005, 07:00 PM
Lawlery....Garrett GT30R cough cough

USDM EG
12-08-2005, 12:17 PM
so wheres the rest of the honda guy's on here's projects...come out of the woodwork, i know many of you are going turbo for next year!

Well i will NEVER go the Turbo route on my car.... 11.5 compression isnt a good combo with a snail on it...

Plus, everyone told me i cant run 12's with stock internals.... It will be done, and to top it off, ill be running 12's with a full interior :wooo .... It just wont happen till like next year (end of 2006 early 2007), Im gonna pay my car off first....

turbo would take away how reliable my car is anyway, and i want a nice reliable fun car, not something that ill need to check up on all the time....

ohh yeah, i forgot to meantion NO SPRAY!! :headbang

USDM EG
12-08-2005, 12:24 PM
Hey JUNKGSX, what are your plans with your motor???? What you got packing for spring?

BTW everyone. My friends and I always set up a day in spring to go with all of our cars to GLD, no plans as of yet, just seeing if anyone would be interestedin going....

number1
12-08-2005, 04:56 PM
MSNS on the probe with a turbo a little later. The other motor needs to be rebuilt before that happens.

Junky Giorgio
12-08-2005, 06:18 PM
Hey JUNKGSX, what are your plans with your motor???? What you got packing for spring?

well as we speak my entire motor is in good hands @ C & S Performance getting rebuilt again along with a few other odds & ends...as far as my turbo ect. goes, well just put it this way, i sold my p.t.e. gt32 turbo and many other things. an entire new set up for my junk but it probably won't run till late spring possibly summer! LOL then after the car starts (knock on wood) off straight to AMS for a full dyno tune. :banana

TurboAWD2.0
12-09-2005, 01:06 AM
Hm... My winter plan is to sell as much aftermarket **** from my car as possible so that I could afford tuition. :crying

turbogarrett
12-09-2005, 08:50 AM
Hm... My winter plan is to sell as much aftermarket **** from my car as possible so that I could afford tuition. :crying

What do you have for sale? My brother just picked up an '03 wrx wagon and is looking to start modding it.

jbiscuit
12-09-2005, 09:40 AM
AWESOME! He will love the wagon! Let me know if he has any questions about them!

Here is my recommendation of what to do in this order if the car is stock:

1) suspension. Cars sit stupidly high. Tein makes a great product. JDM Ver. 7 struts with Tein S Tech springs are a popular combo. The Tein wagon coilover kit is an awesome set-up also which is what I run on my car. Phenomenal ride quality

2) Have the car corner weighted and aligned at Big Bear. Get as much camber out of the front stock camber bolts (usually -1.2 - -1.5) and run about -1.0 in the rear. This will give the wagon SUPERB handling...Big Bear will charge $125-140 for this but its money well spent.

3) up-pipe. Catalyst BEFORE the turbo. This has to go. Terrible design. Frees up spool, lowers EGTs a bit also. $100-200 depending on what brand you like. I wouldn't spend a lot here. I have a $120 one that works flawlessly.

4) turbo-back exhaust and some sort of engine management. Cobb Tuning's Accessport is cool. Allows the ability to store several maps that can be reflashed into the ECM whenever you want. Also has the ability to get a "PRO-TUNE" meaning a custom tune that can be stored also....runs about $500. Turbo-back: about $900-$1400 depending on bling and brand. Perrin makes a nice exhaust. So does Invidia.

5) front brake pads....stock subaru pads suck. Carbotech pads are great. I run them and they give some much better bite I wish I would have bought them day one. Axxis, EBC etc are good also. Stock sized rotors are fine.

6) Intercooler hoses. Increase spool and overall flow. $150 Samco Sport makes well crafted ones.

Stay AWAY from manual boost controllers on these cars. The Subaru ECM is VERY complicated and it is REALLY easy to blow up the motor when in part throttle/full boost situations....They are very tempting but tell him to resist the urge.

Blow off valves are a common "bling" mod that do absolutely nothing but cause a rich running condition between shifts due to the MAF. Save your money.

Hope this gets you started.

J

ThatWhiteCivic
12-09-2005, 01:04 PM
Well on my way to the 11's H22 on boost in a 1992 Civic Hatch so far @ 6 psi with stock intake manifold, 2.5 cat-back exhaust and cat still on the car I manage to put down 290 whp and 235 wtq oh BTW my car weights in at a cool 2080 :headbang

TurboAWD2.0
12-09-2005, 02:27 PM
So far, I need to sell my suspension. Unfortunately, the sedan suspension won't fit right on the wagon... But for what it's worth, I have AGXs and GC coilover springs for sale.

On a side note though, if you have a 50/50 atmoshperic vent/recurcilatory bov, it's not nearly as bad as people say it is. Take my Go Fast Bits WRX Hybrid, for example :thumbsup
Which is also for sale.. along with an STi hood scoop (unpainted, but since my car is white and the primer is "white" I just left it alone for now)

EDIT: Up-pipes are AMAZING bang for the buck. It took me almost 8 straight hours to figure mine out, but it was worth it.

turbogarrett
12-09-2005, 02:28 PM
AWESOME! He will love the wagon! Let me know if he has any questions about them!

Here is my recommendation of what to do in this order if the car is stock:

1) suspension. Cars sit stupidly high. Tein makes a great product. JDM Ver. 7 struts with Tein S Tech springs are a popular combo. The Tein wagon coilover kit is an awesome set-up also which is what I run on my car. Phenomenal ride quality

2) Have the car corner weighted and aligned at Big Bear. Get as much camber out of the front stock camber bolts (usually -1.2 - -1.5) and run about -1.0 in the rear. This will give the wagon SUPERB handling...Big Bear will charge $125-140 for this but its money well spent.

3) up-pipe. Catalyst BEFORE the turbo. This has to go. Terrible design. Frees up spool, lowers EGTs a bit also. $100-200 depending on what brand you like. I wouldn't spend a lot here. I have a $120 one that works flawlessly.

4) turbo-back exhaust and some sort of engine management. Cobb Tuning's Accessport is cool. Allows the ability to store several maps that can be reflashed into the ECM whenever you want. Also has the ability to get a "PRO-TUNE" meaning a custom tune that can be stored also....runs about $500. Turbo-back: about $900-$1400 depending on bling and brand. Perrin makes a nice exhaust. So does Invidia.

5) front brake pads....stock subaru pads suck. Carbotech pads are great. I run them and they give some much better bite I wish I would have bought them day one. Axxis, EBC etc are good also. Stock sized rotors are fine.

6) Intercooler hoses. Increase spool and overall flow. $150 Samco Sport makes well crafted ones.

Stay AWAY from manual boost controllers on these cars. The Subaru ECM is VERY complicated and it is REALLY easy to blow up the motor when in part throttle/full boost situations....They are very tempting but tell him to resist the urge.

Blow off valves are a common "bling" mod that do absolutely nothing but cause a rich running condition between shifts due to the MAF. Save your money.

Hope this gets you started.

J

He saw your car at the stay tuned show and just had to have one. Thanks for the info, I'll pass it on to him.

jbiscuit
12-09-2005, 02:33 PM
no problem. Tell him to PM me if he wants anymore help. Subarus are great cars. They can be a pain to work on at times uppipe

TurboAWD2.0
12-09-2005, 02:36 PM
no problem. Tell him to PM me if he wants anymore help. Subarus are great cars. They can be a pain to work on at times uppipe

Haha I edited my post just now talking about the UP.

ACRturbo
12-09-2005, 03:11 PM
well, plans for the neon include:

srt-4 2.4L turbo engine, trans, axles, and harness going into the R/T by spring! Should be a little surprise if u see me on the hwy! :banana1:

...and a little higher boost too

Bee
12-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Building a street car..

92 Civic CX
1.6L VTEC SOHC d16
t3/t4 54trim
cryoed stock pistons
cryoed stock rods
AEM EMS
RC Inj. 550cc
static fuel pressure 80psi XS performance
Molley Fuel pump

Horsepower goal: 299.99whp
Torque goal: 169.99 ft/lb
Turbo Pressure goal: 24.5psi
Car weight goal: 2600lb with my fat@ss in it
1/4mile ET goal: 12.1@113mph maybe 11.99@113.99mph

Bee
12-10-2005, 10:28 PM
Well on my way to the 11's H22 on boost in a 1992 Civic Hatch so far @ 6 psi with stock intake manifold, 2.5 cat-back exhaust and cat still on the car I manage to put down 290 whp and 235 wtq oh BTW my car weights in at a cool 2080 :headbang

HEY i thought we talked about hitting 10.9s... what the heck now???

hehe j/k

about time you are stepping up to the BIG dogs. I've always wondered how far a STREET ALL MOTOR 4cyl would go. No one in the upper midwest have touched 11sec.. if so "BARELY"!!! not even consistant probably... You are more then likely good for high 11sec with your current setup given proper stickies and gearing...oh and GOOD driving.....skills you do have.. ;) :thumbsup

murdoc158
12-20-2005, 06:49 PM
<winter plans> Get ///M painted, get suspension redone, save pennies for my Lotus and tracktime at RA </winter plans>

Russ Jerome
01-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Updated a few pics of my newest ride on site, here is todays results:

http://hometown.aol.com/russjerome/images/4linkjan06in.jpg

Subrame connectors friday ;)

Junky Giorgio
01-12-2006, 05:52 PM
:wow WTF

Al
01-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Holy flippin four-link Batman!!!

Bee
01-12-2006, 11:38 PM
Updated a few pics of my newest ride on site, here is todays results:

http://hometown.aol.com/russjerome/images/4linkjan06in.jpg

Subrame connectors friday ;)

el nino is helping you russ??? seems like you will be racing in el nino, geranimo, etc.. category this year 06. will we see some 8sec runs... :thumbsup

tenchu
01-13-2006, 01:02 PM
baby killed my car plans :P

so now, sell the turbo civic, and buy a family car

deciuss
01-13-2006, 03:20 PM
ya i have plans..... plans to sell the civic.

Russ Jerome
01-13-2006, 03:29 PM
el nino is helping you russ??? seems like you will be racing in el nino, geranimo, etc.. category this year 06. will we see some 8sec runs... :thumbsup

I got body from Ed, listed as ElNino's crew cheif on car.
Great guy's who have been very helpfull.

As far as ET's I'll be happy to just launch strait and make
it to return road for now. My powerplant is a proven 4-500
HP on boost alone, if chassis stays as light as I plan I'll
be happy with any single digit run :)

http://hometown.aol.com/russjerome/images/passjan06.jpg

WilliamZ
01-15-2006, 02:51 AM
baby killed my car plans :P

so now, sell the turbo civic, and buy a family car

A good car for that is a Galant VR-4 ;)

theavenger333
01-15-2006, 01:05 PM
A good car for that is a Galant VR-4 ;)
if you want your DD to break every other month........ :thumbsup

WilliamZ
01-15-2006, 07:05 PM
if you want your DD to break every other month........ :thumbsup

noooooooo Mopar Scott has one for a daily and it has 200,000 plus miles on it and never breaks. Keep it stock and they last!

jbiscuit
01-16-2006, 10:04 AM
GVR4 Johnny has a couple GVR4's for sale!

Teufelhunden
01-16-2006, 10:17 AM
noooooooo Mopar Scott has one for a daily and it has 200,000 plus miles on it and never breaks. Keep it stock and they last! 217,000 stutterbox free miles...only 16 psi with a b16g. It's been a great car. :headbang

wikked
01-16-2006, 11:50 AM
noooooooo Mopar Scott has one for a daily and it has 200,000 plus miles on it and never breaks. Keep it stock and they last!

Or non-stock and A/T :banana

Just jinxed myself I'm sure.

RedGSX
01-17-2006, 10:46 PM
Or non-stock and A/T :banana

Just jinxed myself I'm sure.

I with you on that one. My auto has been good to me too, so far. We'll see this summer. :D

Junky Giorgio
01-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Kaboooom!

theavenger333
01-21-2006, 12:27 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaand what fun is that?

WilliamZ
01-21-2006, 09:51 AM
I didn't say it was fun. :) It still beats up on kids that think they are fast..

Teufelhunden
01-21-2006, 11:21 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaand what fun is that? :loser j/k :)

petej
02-08-2006, 11:33 AM

amen brother