PDA

View Full Version : Winter Projects???

Stangman98
11-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Anyone have anything that they plan on doing and would like to share?
I think we are going to work on the suspension and rearend. If money affords, we are going to do cams and an entire tune.
Looking to run 12.8s on motor next season.

Slow Joe
11-20-2005, 11:24 PM
What kind of suspension work?? I did my car's suspension.. Two years ago, maybe a lil more, it was worth it! I'm planning on doing some interior work this year if I get my truck back on the road soon... Otherwise I'm just gunna drive it... :-/ I hate to drive it in winter if I don't have to... Oh yeah and I'm gunna figure out if anything broke when I hit the chunk of road... And get my new rim and tire on... lol, little things hey?? Oh well, next year or the one after it gets a motor swap... not sure what yet though...

MurphysLaw88GT
11-25-2005, 02:54 PM
still running stock H, and all the cats are broken up, need to find a used one, as soon as the cats are warm, they go from sounding like a popcorn machine to way quieter, and it bottleneks the living **** out of the exhaust obviously, making the car a dog.

Reverend Cooper
11-30-2005, 04:22 PM
hopefully some chrome maybe cams or a blower

95_Gt
12-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Im going to install a ported cobra intake on my 95.Im also also swaping to a fox throttle body setup.

Greg@GLD
12-04-2005, 12:32 PM
Work on my LX and get it ready to rock come spring...

Waver
12-04-2005, 09:21 PM
Trying to sell my vert, hopefully with out the engine, then I plan on dropping it into another fox with a t-5....after that I have no idea what I want to do next

Stangman98
12-04-2005, 10:03 PM
What kind of suspension work?? I did my car's suspension.. Two years ago, maybe a lil more, it was worth it! I'm planning on doing some interior work this year if I get my truck back on the road soon... Otherwise I'm just gunna drive it... :-/ I hate to drive it in winter if I don't have to... Oh yeah and I'm gunna figure out if anything broke when I hit the chunk of road... And get my new rim and tire on... lol, little things hey?? Oh well, next year or the one after it gets a motor swap... not sure what yet though...
I am most likely going to get as much of my Drag setup done as I can.

Rifleman WI
12-05-2005, 04:41 AM
im probly just going to do a tune up, rip the AC outta my car and put on some subframe connectors, for now... hopefully get a few runs in at GLD this summer... ive never raced before, but ive read a little about it and i have been to one of the events ( my buddy races super street ) so if anyone has any pointers, they would be appreciated :)

Slow Joe
12-16-2005, 12:43 AM
I am most likely going to get as much of my Drag setup done as I can.

If ya need any help, don't hesistate to ask... I have a good idea about the suspensions on these things.. than again you probably do too.. lol :durr

Stangman98
12-18-2005, 05:46 PM
I am going with
90/10's
HAL 12 Way Shocks
Eibach Drag Springs with Air Bag
and then the rearend... Spline Axles, Spool, Elims, ect.

Slow Joe
12-18-2005, 07:49 PM
Nice... My car's setup for handling right now... So I have the steeda sport springs, swaybars, and Tokico Shocks... the non adjustable ones... It's a fun setup, but I need to get a convertible, swap that stuff into there and build my car an engine :thumbsup Oh and buy it a new suspension... yeah that's a long term project...