PDA

View Full Version : Jeeps for Life

bluejeepbro19
11-18-2005, 03:49 PM
Any jeep lovers out there, lets here what you got what you got on it it and some stories

The banana is the best invention ever :banana1: :banana

BLUTO
11-18-2005, 04:02 PM
94 Grand Cherokee v8 awd. Borla,Trans-Go, modded intake, 3.73's,,,155k and still goes like hell. Great truck :headbang

nitrous
11-18-2005, 06:04 PM
1989 Cherokee.

-custom rust
-nice front end shake over 65mph
-modified windshield washer fluid hose.

:headbang

167k miles.

Prince Valiant
11-18-2005, 10:30 PM
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 275,000 miles and still got 22.8mpg coming home from atlanta.
4.0 I6
3.73, Full-time 4WD
Snow tires at all four corners.
Unstoppable in the white stuff.
Rebuilt the original tranny at 235,000 miles...hadn't failed and still shifted great...just giving signs that it was old.
Rebuilt transfer case at the same time...probably could have gotten away with just a new chain.
Still develops 50+psi of oil pressure unless hot.
Still makes great power.

Slow Joe
11-20-2005, 11:18 PM
I'm a Jeep Lover, but at the moment my Jeep list is a had... I'm still working on getting another... I had...

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo V8 Quadra-Trac (195k mi when I sold it...) This is probably the best vehicle I EVER owned... Low maintinence, and tons of fun off roading and all...

1998 Jeep Wrangler SE 4Cyl 5-Speed BASE BASE... Tons of fun in the summer... I needed a 4-Door though :-/

My Grand Cherokee did quite a bit of off roading, and I only had to get towed out once... lol, damn snow mixed with bald tires... Other than that... NEVER needed to be towed... I need to get another one of those, that thing was bullet proof!

Poncho
11-23-2005, 03:30 AM
Not to hijack a topic, but Joe, you still work for EVS? Find out where the hell my money is for referring people to you guys and actually getting a person or two to buy a goat there. Dennis the salesman promised me that. Also wondering where my vouchers for free maintenance like oil changes is at??? I'm coming upto 5k on the GTO, and I see Dennis was good at selling me a GTO, but isn't coming thru on anything he promised to me before I even signed the paperwork. I remember one of the last times I talked to him a check was coming my way for a referral, and likely another, as someone else was getting ready to sign the papers on another GTO. Then he said he'd get me some free oil-changes, tire rotations, etc. If you don't still work there, carry on with the Jeep discussion.

Yooformula
11-23-2005, 10:06 AM
Not to hijack a topic

THEN DONT! Call him yourself. :goof :durr

I want a Jeep does that count? :durr :headbang

nitrous
11-23-2005, 10:17 AM
Being that it seems like Dennis is the stereotypical salesman, I hope you got his word in writing.

Slow Joe
11-23-2005, 07:59 PM
I want another Jeep... I think that counts too... Maybe I'll get a Cherokee... You guys have good luck with those?? I've never had one yet, so I'm up for another Jeep... :thumbsup It's a Jeep, it's gotta be bullet proof! :banana1:

Prince Valiant
11-23-2005, 09:20 PM
great luck with mine...

Jsho13
11-24-2005, 03:07 AM
I have had two a 88' Wrangler with a 4.2? and a 97 Wrangler with the 4.0. Both awesome vehicles, and I will definately own another in the future. Just not practical at the time. Wranglers would make a nice second car. Or third car if you have a sports car :D

bluejeepbro19
11-24-2005, 02:43 PM
i have to agree with a wrangler not being a practical car, mine is my second car and i have a two door explorer in which i drive in the winter, i do not get very good gas milage at all and the ride is very rough and cold, but nothing beats that 90 degree day with the top down and the doors off, if you want to get looks while your driving you should be driving a wrangler

bluejeepbro19
11-24-2005, 02:46 PM
i have never owned a cherokee yet but, i am a auto mechanic and i have worked on countless numbers of them, if you maintain them well they will treat you well, plus they are very capable of winter driving, not to mention the mud flinging fun, my brother currently owns 2 and i keep them running good for them, since i convinced him to get one he has bought another and he loves them