PDA

View Full Version : S/C LT1 guys in here.

Firefighter Z
11-17-2005, 12:44 PM
This is for the Super Charged F-bodys guys.... Im looking at a ATI Procharger and I want your opinion on this S/C.

Like I said its an ATI Procharger, model number P600b and from what I understand that its the loudest S/C that ATI makes.

This comes with a 2 core intercooler, and a 10 or 11lb pulley.

Thanks all the info i have right now but what are your guys opinions?

Thanks,

Josh

Crawlin
11-17-2005, 01:01 PM
the loudest? y not just get a recording that you can turn up the volume on when you go WOT? hahaha

so you want the sound over performance?

Firefighter Z
11-17-2005, 01:04 PM
Im just saying its the loudest s/c ati makes.... I dont care about sound, im looking for performance. And is this a good s/c? Cause I can get a good deal on one.

Crawlin
11-17-2005, 03:05 PM
it's ok. it's their base unit if i'm not mistaken. that, then steps up to the P1SC and then steps up to the D1SC, then up from there for some racing.

chargedformula
11-17-2005, 03:51 PM
i have the p600b, if you can get a good deal, go for it. i woulnt go any higher than 8# on a stock motor. thats considered the highest "safe" amount. thats in quotes because it never really is safe. im making pretty good power with it without ever having removed the valve covers. it was a huge pain in the ass to put in. if i had more money i would have gotten the p1sc because later on it can be upgraded to a d1sc, but you cant do that with the p600b. either way, its a good blower, massivly loud :headbang , and makes good power with a lot more potential left ( i have a 15# pulley, just dont want to grenade the motor)

number1
11-17-2005, 03:55 PM
Yeah, base unit. Good charger, good company. I've only heard videos of the 600B and it sounds decently loud, I think the vortechs are louder except for the quiet trim.

10 lbs. is the most I would put through a stock bottom end, even then you will start having problems eventually.

Crawlin
11-17-2005, 04:01 PM
just toss on a MP T70 and have some turbo fun :)

UnderPSI
11-18-2005, 03:37 PM
I have the D1SC and I was running 10lbs of boost. If you get this do your self a favor and get Prochargers crank pin kit. This is like an add on keyway for your crank. From the factory there is no crank key. With the drag of the supercharger on my car the dampener spun on the crank and then snaped the front of the crank. Both the $500 dampener and the crank are now garbage. So it is worth getting the crankpin kit even if you don't think you need it. Also, I think it took about 6 hours to install the kit I have. It was the nicest put together kit I have ever seen. Good luck either way.

Brian98GTP
11-18-2005, 04:49 PM
With the drag of the supercharger on my car the dampener spun on the crank and then snaped the front of the crank.

I dont think that little key would have saved it.... its not there to HOLD the dampener in place,.. only to line it up.... The bolt is what provides the clamping power to hold it in place.

Sounds like the bolt wasnt torqued down correctly... :confused

Crawlin
11-18-2005, 05:57 PM
there's a bolt that holds the crank pulley ON the crank snout itself. Then there is a keyway that helps the crank pulley slide onto the crank in the right position if i remember right. BUT there is a crank pulley PIN kit that is what Brad's talking about. You line up a hole and drill down into it, basically putting a flat spot on the crank. then because of that flat spot, you run a bolt down the hole and tighten it up against that flat spot... that will prevent the pulley from spinning on the crank snout even if the keyway were to fail some how.

Brian98GTP
11-18-2005, 09:59 PM
there's a bolt that holds the crank pulley ON the crank snout itself. Then there is a keyway that helps the crank pulley slide onto the crank in the right position if i remember right. BUT there is a crank pulley PIN kit that is what Brad's talking about. You line up a hole and drill down into it, basically putting a flat spot on the crank. then because of that flat spot, you run a bolt down the hole and tighten it up against that flat spot... that will prevent the pulley from spinning on the crank snout even if the keyway were to fail some how.

Ahhhh... I see... I guess I read the above posts a little too fast...

My misunderstanding.... :D

GTSLOW
11-19-2005, 12:40 AM
it's ok. it's their base unit if i'm not mistaken. that, then steps up to the P1SC and then steps up to the D1SC, then up from there for some racing.

Get the P1SC at a miniumum!!!

FourEyedFord
11-19-2005, 08:10 AM
I say go with the vortech s-trim. :headbang You get loudness and top notch performance all in the same package! I think they are the best medium sized street blowers you can buy.

95 TA - The Beast
11-19-2005, 09:17 AM
Having worked on both types of setups in f-bodies, I can say go with a vortech for one simple reason, and that is simplicity of the install...

You will thank yourself every time you go to do maintenance on your setup as well, as the ATI kits a PITA to put in, and a PITA to do anything with when you have to do stuff like change plugs, wires, etc...

Plus the ATI kits have a bad time with the orange flex-hose location at it tends to hit right on the body of the car and wear through... I am sure Paralyzer can lend his insight into this as that is what I put on his WS6 T/A when he had it...

Just my 2 cents...

HP ADDICT
11-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Well the P600b is the smallest kit that ATI makes, and I would never install one on my car. The P1 is the next level up in size and then the D1. Those models can be had in SC setup also. The SC means self contained and no oil lines to run to the pan. I would suggest the P1SC or the D1SC..the P1SC cannot be converted to a D1 unless you swap the entire head unit, but yes the bracket is the same. I would go to the biggest unit you think you will ever utilize. It is alot easier to run a D1 at 6psi and then pulley it up to 12 psi when you rebuild the motor. Running a P600b up in boost that high will seriously increase IAT as it is working so much harder to generate the boost a bigger unit can.
As far as the keyed crank goes if you can do it I would. The hub is just a press fit stock, and blowers really like to spin the thing under boost. As far as install count on spending a little more time then UNDER PSI as his install was on a LS1 which is easier by far. Also LT1 kits do not come with a tool to key the crank or machine the hub to fit a keyed crank so that would be up to you to do later.

SlowStee
11-19-2005, 02:59 PM
i have the p600b, if you can get a good deal, go for it. i woulnt go any higher than 8# on a stock motor. thats considered the highest "safe" amount. thats in quotes because it never really is safe. im making pretty good power with it without ever having removed the valve covers. it was a huge pain in the ass to put in. if i had more money i would have gotten the p1sc because later on it can be upgraded to a d1sc, but you cant do that with the p600b. either way, its a good blower, massivly loud :headbang , and makes good power with a lot more potential left ( i have a 15# pulley, just dont want to grenade the motor)
I hear you whistlin into work occasionally ;)

GTSLOW
11-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Well the P600b is the smallest kit that ATI makes, and I would never install one on my car.

I agree!! They dont even offer the P600b for the s10 4.3l kit!! The first on come with the p1sc and the d1 is the upgrade.