PDA

View Full Version : A reason to go back to the movie theaters....

MoreTorque
11-15-2005, 11:06 AM
http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=mcs&script=410&layout=7&item_id=661144

I hope they get the plans into motion soon!

animal
11-15-2005, 11:16 AM
"Heh, 'loveseats' for couples who wish to cuddle up during the movie presentation."

Or are they just double-wide seats for double-wide asses? :goof

Crawlin
11-15-2005, 11:20 AM
"Heh, 'loveseats' for couples who wish to cuddle up during the movie presentation."

GUARANTEED some double wides will be parking their during a movie! And they already have the double wide seats at alot of movie theaters.

UnderPSI
11-15-2005, 11:50 AM
I saw the the old building was gone, I was wondering what they where going to put there.

Nix
11-15-2005, 12:31 PM
I awlays thought that The Ridge was their pride and joy. :confused

Crawlin
11-15-2005, 12:48 PM
this has been in development for a LONG time. i remember talk about it last year. guess they could get rid of the two properties right on bluemound(westpoint and west town) and sell for a GOOD chunk of change to offset this building cost.

theavenger333
11-15-2005, 01:22 PM

they already have those at North Shore for sure......

Teufelhunden
11-15-2005, 02:03 PM
The Ridge is already ~10 years old but still nice.

I'm just surprised they're deep-sixing the whole Uber-screen after only 5-6 years of use.

I was at Sam's Club over the weekend, they're WAY behind schudule....it's still in demolition stages. That news release is from 1/10/05.

VroomPshhTsi
11-15-2005, 02:47 PM
I awlays thought that The Ridge was their pride and joy. :confused

It still is (for now). It is over 10 years old but that's why they just renovated it completely. The new building they are going to build will take forever, I haven't seen any progress to prove it'll be done and open anytime next year. Pretty much everything on the checklist on that site is at the Ridge right now.

Just thought I'd chime in cuz I got done with 3 years at the Ridge, can't really complain but it isn't anything special either.

Neal Steffek
11-15-2005, 04:17 PM
So my question is, what is wrong with the ultra screen we already have?

Teufelhunden
11-15-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm thinking maybe it's the drawbacks of having two locations, two sets of employees, two tax bills...etc for only combined total of 17 screens (Westown and West Point). For reference the Ridge location has 20 screens.

deciuss
11-16-2005, 07:53 AM
still not worth it to go when you can just buy the movie cheeper and not have to deal with 13 year kids getting into r movies and talking and trowing crap the whole time. or that anoying person actualy talking on the cell phone during the movie ect ect.