PDA

View Full Version : Who else loves driving their car hard?

Syclone0044
11-10-2005, 10:24 AM
I finally got some serious time behind the wheel of my truck lately now that the transmission saga has mostly ended. Man, what a blast. I can't get over the feeling of pulling out on an empty road and cracking open the throttle, feeling the power come online and surge the truck forward while the engine and turbo both scream like they're operating near full capacity! :headbang

Now that the air is cold and crisp at night, I can't stop doing the same thing in my Turbo Grand Prix. That thing probably makes a little over 300 LB-FT of torque. Last night I must have floored it through 2nd for about 8 stops in a row. It's addictive!! And the closer to redline it gets, the better it sounds. After a while you can get so into the engine's tune that it sounds like a carefully conducted symphony coming out the tailpipe. I drove both my cars in a row. If I could have drove 10 cars each with different engines and cams last night, I would have siezed the opportunity in a heartbeat!

Does anyone else feel this way about driving? :confused http://www.warrifles.com/forums/images/smilies/driver.gif

http://warrifles.com/forums/images/smilies/Bananeyessss.gif :rockwoot: http://www.warrifles.com/forums/images/smilies/acoustic.gif http://www.warrifles.com/forums/images/smilies/drums.gif

Prince Valiant
11-10-2005, 10:31 AM
My car only feels right WHEN i am on it hard...it's unatural to take it easy in this thing.

GTSLOW
11-10-2005, 10:53 AM
My car only feels right WHEN i am on it hard...it's unatural to take it easy in this thing.

I totaly agree!! Especially if you have a cam with some balls to it ;)

theavenger333
11-10-2005, 11:08 AM
stomp it and hold on......... thats fun

Cryptic
11-10-2005, 11:15 AM
I find it much more enjoyable to see how many mpg i can squeeze out of each tank. Make tires last twice the recommended miles. And avoid hitting little bunnies and squrriels crossing the road.

:goof

turboZ
11-10-2005, 12:02 PM
I find it much more enjoyable to see how many mpg i can squeeze out of each tank. Make tires last twice the recommended miles. And avoid hitting little bunnies and squrriels crossing the road.

:goof

Hey me too, althought Its alot of fun to get on it, but that silly trip computer keeps me in my place :stare

chargedformula
11-10-2005, 12:22 PM
i love driving it hard. i didnt spend a buttload of money so i can sit there and admire the engineering. boost is addicting, its a rush feeling the car pull harder and harder the higher the RPMs climb. i have a 15# pulley sitting in my tool box thats just begging to be swapped and blow something up. :headbang

animal
11-10-2005, 01:44 PM
I'm having a ton of fun lately in mine as well. Ever since I swapped the drag radials back for street tires, I just can't seem to get enough of the wheelspin now haha. I kinda missed the lack of screeching tires over the last 2 years.

Don't get me wrong, traction is definately where it's at, but I love stepping on it right before the shift and scaring the crap out of some old lady next to me.

Now if I'd ever get off my lazy a$$ and just do the work on the mustang.

T-Bag
11-10-2005, 02:04 PM
I can count, on one hand, how many times Ive been past 3,000 RPMs in my blazer. Gas is a killer...and I suppose not having a lot of power has to do with it too.

Even in my mustangs I never drove them hard on a consistent basis. Like Andy, I like to squeeze as much gas mileage as I can out of the things.

0TransAm0
11-10-2005, 04:41 PM
love it.. its the only way i drive..weather permitting of course..

nismodave
11-10-2005, 04:59 PM
I love driving my car hard, but the cops have been out in force, so Ive been behaving lately.

My car is very violent so I relly have to watch what Im doing when I get into the throttle.

Its in storage now, so next year i can have some fun again.

srt4eh
11-10-2005, 09:03 PM
i beat the piss out of my car.....now that my car is fixed....its fun to run 13 psi and let the tires spin like crazy when I hammer the gas. I wonder what'll happen when I run 20 psi......good thing I have slicks.

turbogarrett
11-10-2005, 10:36 PM
I let it rip every chance I get(off public roads of course). My stock 110+k mile torsen diff is begging for mercy :punch:

ScottyB14
11-11-2005, 12:12 AM
I like the nice cool roads and corners where i can just easily slide the turns with no heat on the road.

SlowStee
11-11-2005, 12:22 AM
I swear this isnt why my car Is back at kilpatricks :(

animal
11-11-2005, 07:40 AM
I swear this isnt why my car Is back at kilpatricks :(

Yeah that's cause it's an LT1, not cause you drive it hard :goof

fly5150
11-11-2005, 09:49 AM
Does anyone else feel this way about driving?
I do on almost a daily basis. Maybe thats why my tires don't last too long. Just ask CDW81..... I love my car.

Cleveland Dave
11-11-2005, 10:19 AM
i love having my car so much fun to actually have some torque and horses to play with compared to my prelude...which i beat the piss out of too. i find my self a lot more tame though then when i would drive my prelude. i do get on it once in a while and i cant resist stomping on it when turning and going sideways for a bit.

Flight_740
11-11-2005, 10:38 AM
Well, my Q is no rocket but for as big as it is, it handles great with the active suspension. I like to push the active button and put it into turns. It really likes to be pushed hard coming out of a turn rather than going into it.

so yeah, I guess i like to drive it hard. :headbang

EDIT: forgot to add, I like to kick the azz around in the rain. :goof

Like I said, I'll have somthing that I can beat the snot out of sometime soon. When I can afford it.

Brian98GTP
11-11-2005, 04:45 PM
I think Im going to bookmark this thread for future reference.........

...........you know...... just in case you guys are trying to sell your vehicles, I'll know which ones to stay away from because they get the Fvck beat out of them....LOL! :rolf :goof :banana

STEALTHZR2
11-11-2005, 05:24 PM
I like driving my tuck hard. When I get to 5,000+ RPMS the intake & exhaust is so loud...I love the sound of it. When the tires break lose at the stop light some people ask me if I have V8 but I tell them it's just a V6 and there confused. I also like taking it off-road when I get the chance. Plus to now that the weather is getting cooler my truck runs better.

Slow Joe
11-11-2005, 08:38 PM
I was out with my friends G-Meter last night... so the answer is yes... spirited driving is fun... lol, I had to call it spirited driving b.c otherwise it'd sound like I beat on my car... lol

Heat Seeker WS6
11-11-2005, 09:02 PM
I do, but apparantly not hard enough because the tranny lasted 148K miles!

EvolvedRegal
11-11-2005, 09:59 PM
Mmm, I would have to say yes also, 4 wheel power slides are kinda fun too. Too bad my front struts are blown, rears are slowly getting there. Looks like it's time for coilovers, damn.