PDA

View Full Version : Found a new American car I might just like

Flight_740
11-09-2005, 02:08 PM
Ok guys, Key word is new or newer. I love old American muscle.

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/model/gallery.jsp?model=ctsv

I was on my way to drop my son off this morning in greenfield when all of a sudden I hear a rumble. I look over and see a silver CTS-V with Exshaust. There was a guy driving it looked to be in his mid 30's and had his kid strapped in his car seat in the back. I thought to myself, Damn, he has the best of all worlds. Power, luxury, and room for the kids!! What could be better?

Seriously, every hair on my body stood on end when I heard this thing take off. I think it might have even been a manual but Im not sure.

Now the verdict is out on these things on if it's going to be more reliable than previous caddys (god do I hate those things). But the good thing is, I can't afford on now anyways. Maybe in the next few years I could and by then we can see how they handled the time and use. Either way, I think the M5 now has some serious competion on it's hands. I can bet that the M5 handles better though. :thumbsup

Jsho13
11-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Yup those are awesome cars. I have only seen a couple of them around but love them, and IF I could afford one, that would be my first pick. Correct me if I am wrong but I think they came out with that car to compete with the M5 as well as mercedes? A sporty luxury car.

theavenger333
11-09-2005, 02:53 PM
i've seen a few up close, one driving. very nice cars. the CTS is already a fine pile of automotive, but with the V it really gets an upgrade

A B4C Z
11-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Chris/skinny/weight saver/"crawlinz" his dad has one.

They only come in 6 speeds.

Kyle

nismodave
11-09-2005, 08:44 PM
I pulled up on a silver one once and thout it had BORLA exhaust or something on it. But the guy told me its a factory option.

I want one now.....

T-Bag
11-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Those things freagin rule. Russ Darrow Mazda had a real nice one on their lot awhile back...something like 40,000+ they wanted used.

GrimreaperSS
11-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Would like to have one myself. They did come out to get in on the M5 thunder, but too bad the newest M5 just came out. Now equipped with a 500 hp V-10. They upped the ante a little! But for 90K, I'd rather buy an aftermarket CTS with some big power, Like a Katech racing, Lingenfelter or Mallet! I'll give the new M5 props on the brakes though. The brakes are HUGE!. If i remeber right, the minimum thickness of the front rotors is 34.4 mm! I could fit my index finger between the cooling fins no problem. :wooo
If they havent sold yet, you could go check them out in the showroom at Concours BMW. Dont know if Int. Autos has one or not.

Al
11-09-2005, 10:19 PM
But the guy told me its a factory option.

I think that means the cops can't ticket you for that one! Same concept as a Harley.

GTSLOW
11-10-2005, 01:37 AM
Ok guys, Key word is new or newer. I love old American muscle.

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/model/gallery.jsp?model=ctsv

I was on my way to drop my son off this morning in greenfield when all of a sudden I hear a rumble. I look over and see a silver CTS-V with Exshaust. There was a guy driving it looked to be in his mid 30's and had his kid strapped in his car seat in the back. I thought to myself, Damn, he has the best of all worlds. Power, luxury, and room for the kids!! What could be better?

Seriously, every hair on my body stood on end when I heard this thing take off. I think it might have even been a manual but Im not sure.

Now the verdict is out on these things on if it's going to be more reliable than previous caddys (god do I hate those things). But the good thing is, I can't afford on now anyways. Maybe in the next few years I could and by then we can see how they handled the time and use. Either way, I think the M5 now has some serious competion on it's hands. I can bet that the M5 handles better though. :thumbsup

My uncle mike knows a guy that owns one. It is a very nice car. The brakes are HUGE and he ran it at RA in Oct 04.

SSmike1
11-10-2005, 06:04 AM
My uncle mike knows a guy that owns one. It is a very nice car. The brakes are HUGE and he ran it at RA in Oct 04.

YES, i drove a CTS-V!!!!!!! VERY VERY NICE!!!!!!!

Nice Ride. WHY o WHY
would anyone buy anything but an American made car!

You have GTO's & Mustangs,
and if ya have bucks to burn, a CTS-V
or the Grand Daddy of them all
The Corvette, C6, or the ULTIMATE over ANY CAR
the C6-ZO6.
:thumbsup
:banana1:

and yes, all CTS-V's come with the corvette M6 tremec 6 speed,
and 400HP LS2 motor!!!!!!!
It is ROCKIN USA!!!!!!!
:rolf

Flight_740
11-10-2005, 09:59 AM
WHY o WHY

:rolf :rolf Now this has gone to far.

Jeff
11-10-2005, 05:21 PM
Thats a sweet car, I could see myself in it :D

TransAm12sec
11-23-2005, 03:23 PM
http://media.putfile.com/EPP-Procharged-CTS-V

fireboverd
11-23-2005, 09:07 PM
I work at a Caddy dealership and have gotten the opertunity to drive a few of these on the road...and yes they are everything you would expect from a cadillac with an LS6 and a t56..."balls to the walls luxury" :headbang

Crawlin
11-24-2005, 01:08 PM
which caddy dealership?

and yeah my pop's has one. gave up his '03 Z06 to get one and has never looked back. currently we are looking at swapping in the '06 vette 6spd automatic with the paddle shifters, cause he hates the constant shifting now. he's getting too old:)

fireboverd
11-24-2005, 08:59 PM
[QUOTE=CrawlinZ]which caddy dealership?[QUOTE]

Bergstrom Chev, Cadillac, Saab in Appleton

Poncho
11-24-2005, 09:29 PM
YES, i drove a CTS-V!!!!!!! VERY VERY NICE!!!!!!!

Nice Ride. WHY o WHY

You have GTO's & Mustangs,
and if ya have bucks to burn, a CTS-V
or the Grand Daddy of them all
The Corvette, C6, or the ULTIMATE over ANY CAR
the C6-ZO6.
:thumbsup
:banana1:

and yes, all CTS-V's come with the corvette M6 tremec 6 speed,
and 400HP LS2 motor!!!!!!!
It is ROCKIN USA!!!!!!!
:rolf

whoa whoa whoa. you just put GTO & mustang together?? thats harsh.
Whether in a GTO, Vette, or CTS-V, they all rock w/ the LS2 & Tremec T-56.