PDA

View Full Version : Broken rib...

Brian98GTP
11-08-2005, 10:01 PM
Went to the Chiropractor Monday for my usual alignments, and told him about the pains Ive been having on my right side since my last Football game a week and a half ago....
I told him I didnt know if it was something muscular, or skeletal...
The only thing I can think of that would have caused this was a collision with my own teammate during our last game... but it didnt hurt right away... it started hurting about an hour afterwards....

He felt around on my back next to my spine, and said he felt a rib bone that was out of place/raised on my back....
Took X-rays yesterday, and it turns out I have broken rib!!

No wonder Ive been in such pain in the last week whenever I'd laugh, blow my nose, cough, breathe, lay down, walk......!! :alcoholic
....and that would also explain the night I woke up in pain to the sound of bones cracking/grinding against eachother.... :eek:

Who else has gone through this annoying bullshit....??

pOrk
11-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Ouch man, need surgery to correct it?

Cryptic
11-08-2005, 10:27 PM
broke a false rib (the lower 3) back in high school , which is more like a cartilage tear.

took forever to heal, and I can still feel the bump were it didnt heal quite right, speciall when laying on stomach on a hard floor.

Lash
11-08-2005, 10:29 PM
LMAO!!!!!! (just laughing because you were joking around about it being broken last week) Holy **** dude....you weren't joking last week at school!!!! I hope it heals up fast for ya. So how do they heal a broken rib? How long is it supposed to take?

Prince Valiant
11-08-2005, 10:36 PM
broke three ribs in a car accident...same basic thing. It was about three months until I could resume full activity w/o pain/discomfort.

theavenger333
11-08-2005, 11:09 PM
i broke 6 total from football. all in different years. when you break just one in the middle, its not too big of a deal, but more than one, or one toward the top or bottom, it takes time. took me about 2 months.

Lash
11-08-2005, 11:11 PM
I remember back in highschool (NB west) a kid from the football team busted a rib during the game and it punchured his lung. Ouch!

Brian98GTP
11-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Ouch man, need surgery to correct it?

Nope... just some rest.

broke a false rib (the lower 3) back in high school , which is more like a cartilage tear.

So did you just have them removed? ...you know... like Marilyn Manson... :goof

So how do they heal a broken rib? How long is it supposed to take?
A couple hours?? :confused

broke three ribs in a car accident...same basic thing. It was about three months until I could resume full activity w/o pain/discomfort.

Was that from hitting the steering wheel or something? Or just the force of your body against your seatbelt?? Or maybe a Tbone accident and your body hit the door???

I remember back in highschool (NB west) a kid from the football team busted a rib during the game and it punchured his lung. Ouch!

I bet he sat out the rest of the game too... right? :banana

Prince Valiant
11-09-2005, 10:33 PM
Was that from hitting the steering wheel or something? Or just the force of your body against your seatbelt?? Or maybe a Tbone accident and your body hit the door???
We were T-boned by a truck coming over a blind hill at 60mph. Speed at impact was over 50mph.

We were in a 1975 Caddilac...darn near tore it in half too. I was in the back seat, unbuckled. The intrusion into the side pushed the interior wall right up to where I had been sitting (alone in the middle seat), although I undoutedly flew against the wall, and bounced to the driver side.

I remember feeling concussed but alert right after the impact...and then spasm of the intercostal muscles and diaphram set in and I couldn't breath for about a minute. Hard to keep calm when that happens...fortunately I didn't black out or anything and the spasms subsided.

Had a bruised liver and kidney, 3 broken ribs, partially collasped lung, and a mean concussion. I was lucky though...other friend in the front seat passenger side was in ICU for nearly a week, then in a regular room for another week.

Cryptic
11-09-2005, 10:43 PM
wow Chris, cheated death on that one.

pOrk
11-09-2005, 11:18 PM
We were in a 1975 Caddilac

Atleast you were ridin in style :thumbsup

UnderPSI
11-10-2005, 06:49 AM
I broke three on my left side snowboarding, I think laughing hurt the worst. I think it took a couple of months before they where back to normal.

Neal Steffek
11-10-2005, 09:53 AM
Broke a rib/ribs wrestling about a year and a 1/2 ago. Hurt to wipe my ass for some time.

SLONOMA
11-10-2005, 10:28 AM
I broke a rib when I was about 16, took at least a month and a half to heal. It hurt to breath at times. It sucks.

Brian98GTP
11-10-2005, 05:54 PM
Broke a rib/ribs wrestling about a year and a 1/2 ago. Hurt to wipe my ass for some time.

I hope that didnt STOP you from wiping your ass though...... :wow